Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)

Jackhmfc1348

51 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Ah shit. I was in a rush and didn't realise the sarcasm....I better apologise  ffs😬

🤭 👍

49 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Apologies mate....i had a woosh moment.  you're quite right ...he's actually quite pish on cold Tuesday Wednesday night up at dens😉

:thumb:

38 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Surely he was joking? 

He wasn't even in Peebles at the time.

37 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I've just apologised😬

You did, and well played to you for doing so.   

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

I reckon we would accept anything past 4m, but the OF won't offer that much, but if he makes the euros while still with us, and scores there we will get double that from England, even with only 12 months left 

Go for it 1308
36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

🤭 👍

🙂👍

Go for it 1308
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

🤭 👍

🙂👍

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

I'm on about his overall play.

He is a great goalscorer but that's about it.

His hold up play is not amazing and he has 0 pace.

My opinion is this is his level. 

He would get more goals if our team was playing better.

You're at it. Best goalscorer in the league. Link up play is great and holds it up well. Works his arse off anaw. Best striker since Robbo. 

Absolutely no chance Shankland is going anywhere this season

Hearts can’t afford to sell him, we are throwing away £6m if we fail to qualify for Europe, no chance we will gamble on that outcome for a second season.

Rangers cannot afford him, and as a point of principle they won’t pay his true worth to another Scottish Club

Shankland won’t throw his toys out the pram and ruin his chances of going to the Euros 

At this point in time, Hearts hold all the aces 

No way are the uglies paying £5m or anything near it. As always they’ll try and get anyone on the cheap. I’m sure the only player they paid anything decent from a Scottish side for was Turnbull.

we need to at some stage break the wage structure and he is the one. Said it before but use some of the £140,000 a month we pay every month via FOH.

This is My Story Podcast
4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You're at it. Best goalscorer in the league. Link up play is great and holds it up well. Works his arse off anaw. Best striker since Robbo. 

Am not convinced the boys a Hearts fan. Sounds very much like the type of shite a Hibs fan would say. “He only scores goals, does nothing else” 😂😂

I have a gut feeling he’s gonna sign a long term deal. His celebration alone at the end of the Celtic game shows how much he loves it at this club.

As others said to be talked about in the same breath as Robbo after only a season and a half says it all. 

10 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I hear the Skacel shout, but without Shankland’s goals in this team I dread to think where we are. 

When he signed for us people purely thought he was a poacher. Hes so much more. Reminds me of Kane, rarely loses the ball when it’s played up to his feet and is exceptionally good at bringing others into play. 

Good post. Just need to tell Steve clarke

11 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I have a gut feeling he’s gonna sign a long term deal. His celebration alone at the end of the Celtic game shows how much he loves it at this club.

As others said to be talked about in the same breath as Robbo after only a season and a half says it all. 

My gut is that his celebration was as much for the rangers fans as it was for us and the team. I think he'll stay this season, refuse a new deal and go to rangers in the summer for about 2million which is an absolute bargain for them. He'll have just over a year left on his contract with us though so the 4 or 5 million we'd hope for won't materialise unless a decent championship club down south comes knocking. Even then, go to championship mid table, likely win nowt, or see out your beat years earning relatively the same money, winning trophies and playing Europe every year without uprooting your family? We've seen it too many times before sadly. Hope I'm wrong!

15 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Loving your optimism mate. Wish I could share it!

13 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

He's liked a post on Instagram of Rangers winning the cup. Not the brightest thing to do. 

that app that’s full of fake accounts. That one ? 
He doesn’t like Aberdeen but I’d be gobsmacked if the actual LS liked that 

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Old firm fans renowned for setting up fake accounts in the knowledge it will wind up rival fans, Jamie Walker lookalike in a Rangers scarf at Ibrox ?

Looks like they will get a few biters and newspaper headlines with this one too

Edited by jbee647

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already covered but does anyone have comparison stats for players goals scored against the OF? 

Shankland must be on 8 or 9? I doubt anyone else currently playing is close to that? 

It’s also not just the number but the ratio that is very impressive. 

14 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

My gut is that his celebration was as much for the rangers fans as it was for us and the team. I think he'll stay this season, refuse a new deal and go to rangers in the summer for about 2million which is an absolute bargain for them. He'll have just over a year left on his contract with us though so the 4 or 5 million we'd hope for won't materialise unless a decent championship club down south comes knocking. Even then, go to championship mid table, likely win nowt, or see out your beat years earning relatively the same money, winning trophies and playing Europe every year without uprooting your family? We've seen it too many times before sadly. Hope I'm wrong!

they paid £4.5m for Dessers ffs.

as well burning their money. 99% of huns would (I bet) rather spend that on Shanks. He doesn’t need pace in that side. Certainly not in this league.

hes not had a penalty for us this season (unless I’m mistaken) and scored 13 goals and we aren’t even half way through the season. Dessers has scored 5 and is 29 years old.

they need to cough up at least £6m for me plus Lowry and that’s being bloody generous

Edited by 1971fozzy

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

as well burning their money. 99% of guns would (I bet) rather spend that on Shanks. He doesn’t need pace in that side. Certainly not in this league.

hes not had a penalty for us this season (unless I’m mistaken) and scored 13 goals and we aren’t even half way through the season. Dessers has scored 5 and is 29 years old

He’s scored pens in Europe and the League Cup 

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He doesn’t like Aberdeen but I’d be gobsmacked if the actual LS liked that 

It's definitely him 32k followers. 

Cant help but feel its another Souttar situation. He's not going to take Rangers to the next level, will score goals for them in Scottish Prem but isn't going to be a signing that changes the direction of Rangers - they will continue to plod along doing enough to be second by a stretch but lose out to Celtic with or without Shanks.

I think we're Shanklands level, he deserves to be highly paid and we should push the boat out to make him out talisman for next 4-5 years.

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

It's definitely him 32k followers. 

fair enough. Strange that he would do that then. Not clever then but I have no clue what social media is about

55 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Agree to disagree on the hold up/link up play.

Best goalscorer since Robbo but I'd say Bednar Jankauskas and Adam were better overall players.

Pinilla also but not in his time with us.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Cant help but feel its another Souttar situation. He's not going to take Rangers to the next level, will score goals for them in Scottish Prem but isn't going to be a signing that changes the direction of Rangers - they will continue to plod along doing enough to be second by a stretch but lose out to Celtic with or without Shanks.

I think we're Shanklands level, he deserves to be highly paid and we should push the boat out to make him out talisman for next 4-5 years.

Thing is he’d score for fun for them no doubt. Domestically anyway.  
I really hope this doesn’t turn into a Souttar situation. I’d like to think he would see us alright though 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Thing is he’d score for fun for them no doubt. Domestically anyway.  
I really hope this doesn’t turn into a Souttar situation. I’d like to think he would see us alright though 

By Souttar situation I should have clarified I meant, taking our best player to be a bit part player. 

Strikers need game time, at Hearts he effectively has no competition for his position, at Rangers or teams down south, one bad game and your hooked early doors.

Ultimately, the footballing side doesn't really matter, I'm sure Shanks head would be turned after looking at the big cheque being dangled in front of him.

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Ultimately, the footballing side doesn't really matter, I'm sure Shanks head would be turned after looking at the big cheque being dangled in front of him.

cant blame anybody looking after themselves financially especially in this game. And the money / bonuses  rangers can offer wage wise can’t be matched . Which is why I hope we go against the grain and offer him a top deal. I’m sure he is happy here but we have to pay his worth.  It’s do or die for us. Break the wage structure or end up losing our most important forward in 25 years. Suppose we will find out soon enough. Surely it can be structured in a way that can be done.
im really hoping its all shite with the rangers rumours

3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Apologies mate....i had a woosh moment.  you're quite right ...he's actually quite pish on cold Tuesday Wednesday night up at dens😉

No probs, pal 👍

42 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

By Souttar situation I should have clarified I meant, taking our best player to be a bit part player. 

Strikers need game time, at Hearts he effectively has no competition for his position, at Rangers or teams down south, one bad game and your hooked early doors.

Yes and like Souttar he will be checking his bank balance rather than play at the Euros. 

Souttar would have made the squad if he had stayed at Hearts. 

If Shankland moves and spends some time on the bench, he risks the same outcome. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Agree to disagree on the hold up/link up play.

Best goalscorer since Robbo but I'd say Bednar Jankauskas and Adam were better overall players.

Pinilla also but not in his time with us.

His link play is a fantastic asset and while the players you mentioned were all more naturally talented I wouldn't swap him for any of them.  Without checking I'd be surprised if any of them reached double figures for us and they played in far better sides. 

8 hours ago, KG1874 said:

His celebration alone at the end of the Celtic game shows how much he loves it at this club.

Or how much of a Rangers fan he is. I actually have a ‘sensible’ Rangers supporting mate who says one elf the things he likes about Shankland is his dignified and subdued goal celebrations. Was Saturday an exception to that? Rhetorical question - I’m not sure?

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

as well burning their money. 99% of huns would (I bet) rather spend that on Shanks. He doesn’t need pace in that side. Certainly not in this league.

hes not had a penalty for us this season (unless I’m mistaken) and scored 13 goals and we aren’t even half way through the season. Dessers has scored 5 and is 29 years old.

they need to cough up at least £6m for me plus Lowry and that’s being bloody generous

What they need to cough up (in a fans view) and what our board will accept if he's into last 12months and refuses a new deal, will be substantially different I suspect. Not saying I disagree with your valuation, just looking at it historically and what's gone on in the past. 

Blackie the Cat

IMO it all points to him moving and wanting to move to Rangers.

Played out of Scotland before and didn’t go well, so most likely wants to stay here.

Back in Scotland team and playing for Rangers guarantees you will be picked.

The ‘cuddle’ with the Rangers manager after they beat us at Tynecastle, which is being mocked by many on here, I say actions speak louder than words.

His Agent is Neil McCann works for Rangers FC via Rangers TV and won’t exactly be putting him off a move.

And finally below is a link to an article which doesn’t distance him from Rangers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3401538/rangers-lawrence-shankland-ayr-united-ibrox/

Let’s just enjoy his wonderful football genius whilst he is with us. I hope Hearts don’t sell him to one of our competitors but, like all players in the world, they have their price. I met and talked to him at the FoH day at Tynecastle earlier this year. A gentleman, very articulate with a brain that ensures he gives of his best in every game to his paymasters. I love him being a Jambo throug and through as he is just now and he will give his all when he moves on. Let’s just enjoy a wonderful Hearts player just now. To those on here who, for some reason want to rock the boat…….‘gie it a rest’.

HHGH

8 hours ago, mbhmfc said:

I’m not sure I’m a fan of this…..B4920A45-29AA-4FA0-B000-CBBE75952AF4.thumb.jpeg.95bc7e344a4ea68657f6aa23c7871278.jpeg

Not showing anything when I click the link mate? 

I'm guessing it's shankland liking the rangers fans celebrating their Cup win on the SPFL Instagram page? 

Folk were discussing it on the Aberdeen vs Rangers thread. 

9 minutes ago, Independence said:

Let’s just enjoy his wonderful football genius whilst he is with us. I hope Hearts don’t sell him to one of our competitors but, like all players in the world, they have their price. I met and talked to him at the FoH day at Tynecastle earlier this year. A gentleman, very articulate with a brain that ensures he gives of his best in every game to his paymasters. I love him being a Jambo throug and through as he is just now and he will give his all when he moves on. Let’s just enjoy a wonderful Hearts player just now. To those on here who, for some reason want to rock the boat…….‘gie it a rest’.

HHGH

My sentiments exactly.  The Rangers media will spin this to death.  Hopefully our Board stand firm and refuse to entertain anything below £5M

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Why do we need to wait until next month to offer him a new deal ?

Don't think he'll sign and I don't think he'll be with us at the end of the window. Too much clamour and too many numbers being thrown around, he'll want to cash in for his own financial security and his agent will be looking for commission. I just hope that he doesn't drive along the M8 with Hearts receiving a pittance. 😒

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Don't think he'll sign and I don't think he'll be with us at the end of the window. Too much clamour and too many numbers being thrown around, he'll want to cash in for his own financial security and his agent will be looking for commission. I just hope that he doesn't drive along the M8 with Hearts receiving a pittance. 😒

The board (or “bored” if you’re a Celtic fan 😂) told us last week that it would take a massive fee to get him, they better stick to that or they’re going to be in for a very rough ride from the fans! They’re already on a sticky wicket! 

We should play hard ball, and I think we will. The good thing is Shankland can’t afford to down tools if he really wants a move due to the Euros in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

We should play hard ball, and I think we will. The good thing is Shankland can’t afford to down tools if he really wants a move due to the Euros in the summer. 

I think that if he keeps up his scoring record there may well be interest from down south.  Championship clubs will be taking note of the goals scored and could more than match anything Sevco can offer both in wages and any fee offered to us. A bidding war would be great from our perspective.

31 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The board (or “bored” if you’re a Celtic fan 😂) told us last week that it would take a massive fee to get him, they better stick to that or they’re going to be in for a very rough ride from the fans! They’re already on a sticky wicket! 

🤞

53 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

My sentiments exactly.  The Rangers media will spin this to death.  Hopefully our Board stand firm and refuse to entertain anything below £5M

I've been a critic of the Board on a number of fronts. But long gone are the days we'll accept a pittance for a player, particularly one as valuable as Shankland. Lee McCulloch suggesting Huns should submit a low ball offer of £1M merely shows that ignoramus no no idea the people he was working for. A neanderthal who evaluates everything through the prism of entitled scum. Absolutely shameful he was ever employed by the club. 

I'm absolutely certain Shankland will be here for the remainder of this season and Hearts will not entertain a derisory offer in the summer. The caveat being if Huns offer £4M+ in January but that's extremely unlikely. Should he see out his 3 year deal with us I suspect he probably doesn't go to der Hun at 30, even on a free transfer. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I've been a critic of the Board on a number of fronts. But long gone are the days we'll accept a pittance for a player, particularly one as valuable as Shankland. Lee McCulloch suggesting Huns should submit a low ball offer of £1M merely shows that ignoramus no no idea the people he was working for. A neanderthal who evaluates everything through the prism of entitled scum. Absolutely shameful he was ever employed by the club. 

I'm absolutely certain Shankland will be here for the remainder of this season and Hearts will not entertain a derisory offer in the summer. The caveat being if Huns offer £4M+ in January but that's extremely unlikely. Should he see out his 3 year deal with us I suspect he probably doesn't go to der Hun at 30, even on a free transfer. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I sincerely hope the board don't do a deal. Reports are they are working with Sevco to get Lowry, hope it's not player and cash paid up in installments type of deal. Take hard cash up front ( lots of it )  and a sell on clause or tell them to bolt.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I sincerely hope the board don't do a deal. Reports are they are working with Sevco to get Lowry, hope it's not player and cash paid up in installments type of deal. Take hard cash up front ( lots of it )  and a sell on clause or tell them to bolt.

The Board should also keep in mind the shabby way that the last inception of that club treated us.  If he does go there it has to be for top dollar and a hefty sell on percentage.  Money up front too.  I’m hopeful that nothing will happen in this window but I’m resigned to seeing him go in the summer.  Shankland is essential to us claiming a spot in Europe and getting third place this  season. 

Not a fan of him liking Rangers shit when he’s currently captain of our side. We all know there is a good number of rangers fans in our side but don’t show it on social media when you are constantly linked to them.

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Won’t happen, no reason to sell. If he wants to go he can in 18 months unless they’re willing to pay a much higher fee than they’re used to for a Scottish player 

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Pretty sure Lowry will end up here permanently. Would rather it wasn't part of a deal for Shankland. 

The only worry might be that Rangers see the growing unrest at Celtic and believe they can win the league (I think they will actually). On that basis they may feel that paying say £4M + Lowry is a price worth paying if Shankland gets goals in second half of the season that sees them go on to win the league. He's definitely on the plane to Germany in such a scenario.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)