Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)

Jackhmfc1348

Thought Shanks was brilliant today and led the line magnificently 

Hard hard shift but he never gave up chasing that ball and getting stuck in 

You could see when the whistle went what it meant for him 

Would just love him to sign ... Best Xmas present ever and if it happens ❤️

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

fabienleclerq

Surely championship teams sniffing, managers get very little time so if I. One of them looking for guaranteed goals at the price he'll cost its a no brainer. 

WorldChampions1902

I would be absolutely gutted if Shankland left in January. If that does happen, we will have picked up a massive cheque to soften the blow.

Super player. Scores goals, holds the ball up, lays it off to bring colleagues into play and does more than his fair share of defensive duties too. Pops up everywhere on the pitch. Invaluable to this team.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be determined. I will say this though. I don't think Shankland actually fits well into our current team structure in terms of formation. We never see any alternative pairings though as Shankland is never subbed.

Dude. We could sign two strikers to replace him on 5k a week and they still wouldn't score as many as Shankland does. 

All he needs is the right playing partner. Sounds terrible to say it but a prime Kenny Miller beside him and Shanks scores hundreds and hundreds until he's about 40 for us. Big game player. Scores against the OF & Hibs. He's everything we ever want and need. 

It's a no brainer. In your heart of Hearts you know. 

16 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

5 year deal. £10k per week.  

make it so 

100% has to happen he's 28 and in his prime 

A 6 million pound release clause to stop the old firm low balling us 

How long has he got left on his contract? 18 months?

This must be a priority before January we need this signed and sealed before the window even opens 

If its not the board have failed 

2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

100% has to happen he's 28 and in his prime 

A 6 million pound release clause to stop the old firm low balling us 

How long has he got left on his contract? 18 months?

This must be a priority before January we need this signed and sealed before the window even opens 

If its not the board have failed 

I hope it happens but it’s not necessarily a board failure if he doesn’t. In this day and age some players just won’t sign new contracts with their current clubs.

It’s just how it is.

It works both ways. No one knows Lawrence's thinking career wise.

At his age, he has one last big pay cheque to think about, and that unfortunately highly likely means England.

Don't know his agent and their reputation for doing the right thing either.

I'd imagine the board would make a great offer. And it would come down to Lawrence and his agent deciding over, security and a good wage in the knowledge that there is a fee in the contract that buyers need to meet. Or, him deciding that as a free agent at 30 he can get a better move with a bigger pay packet.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

It works both ways. No one knows Lawrence's thinking career wise.

At his age, he has one last big pay cheque to think about, and that unfortunately highly likely means England.

Don't know his agent and their reputation for doing the right thing either.

I'd imagine the board would make a great offer. And it would come down to Lawrence and his agent deciding over, security and a good wage in the knowledge that there is a fee in the contract that buyers need to meet. Or, him deciding that as a free agent at 30 he can get a better move with a bigger pay packet.

more really simple for me, make him an offer which creates security for shanks and his family.  Whatever we can afford make it very hard to say no.

if the lad doesn’t want to sign then sell in the summer.  Once we’ve qualified for Europe. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hope it happens but it’s not necessarily a board failure if he doesn’t. In this day and age some players just won’t sign new contracts with their current clubs.

It’s just how it is.

Agreed but he looks happy here, we made him our Captain surely you sign a new deal that not only increases your wage but guarantees the club the correct amount of money if someone comes calling 

A win win 

Just now, Spookie said:

Agreed but he looks happy here, we made him our Captain surely you sign a new deal that not only increases your wage but guarantees the club the correct amount of money if someone comes calling 

A win win 

I really hope so. We need to do everything we can to sign him up. 

This is My Story Podcast

Yesterday Shankland scored his 5th goal vs Celtic I believe. 5 goals in 7 games vs them. 

Shankland has 4 goals in 6 vs Hibs. 

Shankland has 6 goals in 12 games in Europe. 

Shankland has scored at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie. Shankland has scored at Hampden. 

I think Livingston and Dundee are the only sides currently in the top flight Shankland has failed to score against whilst playing for Hearts. 

Simply the best there’s been since Robbo. He is sensational. Been a long, long time since I had so much faith in a Hearts forward. He has such variety to his goals as well. 8 in the league and zero pens. Superb. 

🇱🇻♥️

I was critical of him at the start of the season (looked unfit) however it’s hard to imagine where we’d be without him. A true talisman. Fair play to him and long may it continue!! 

16 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

5 year deal. £10k per week.  

make it so 

He would probably get more than that if he moved elsewhere. Maybe got to offer more than that to keep him. Probably still worth offering more.

kingantti1874
Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

He would probably get more than that if he moved elsewhere. Maybe got to offer more than that to keep him. Probably still worth offering more.

value yes, duration I’m not so sure.  That said I agree with you.  If we had to selling, haring and halliday and simply move their wage to shanks then so be it.  Either way we need to make it a hard choice for him as best we can

Its weird to say it but with every goal he scores theres part of me that feels disappointed that it makes his departure all the more inevitable. 

Very rare you get a striker with such consistency at a non-Old Firm side.

With him being in contention for the Euros squad in the summer thats the only crumb of hope he’ll still be here after January. Wherever he goes he is going to want to be assured guaranteed first team football. Finances will obviously come into it, but his safest chance of making the Euros squad is by staying at Hearts.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

alicante jambo

Hes irreplacable sorry if thats spelt wrong i had a tad too much to drink last night celebrating. It would cost us a fotune to replace him if we even found a striker better than him.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

value yes, duration I’m not so sure.  That said I agree with you.  If we had to selling, haring and halliday and simply move their wage to shanks then so be it.  Either way we need to make it a hard choice for him as best we can

The fact that young Tait made an appearance yesterday makes me think that more than a few of the bench warmers will be moved on shortly and there will be a decision taken to promote talent. If that means we can make Shankland an excellent offer for an extended stay then good. 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

The fact that young Tait made an appearance yesterday makes me think that more than a few of the bench warmers will be moved on shortly and there will be a decision taken to promote talent. If that means we can make Shankland an excellent offer for an extended stay then good. 

Good post deevs. I reckon and hope we see some moved on. Offer our captain a deal he cant turn down. Their wages to him.

kingantti1874

We need to offer him a ridiculous deal. It’s as simple as that. Sell Halliday, Sell Haring give their wage to shanks.  5 year deal, 6 year deal I don’t care.  

we need to make it extremely difficult for him to leave.  We need to offer him security for himself and his family.  He may choose to go anyway and that’ll be his choice.  But not till the summer and not till we’ve qualified for Europe.  

RustyRightPeg

And some folk still think he doesn’t care and doesn’t run about enough. Pish. Best player we’ve had for 15/20 years. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

And some folk still think he doesn’t care and doesn’t run about enough. Pish. Best player we’ve had for 15/20 years. 

big shout that.  Rudi Skacel says hello.  

that said.  He’s in the debate, and it’s a good one. 

Hes without doubt the best in the last decade

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Agree with everything said and could it be that we've found a more effective role for Alan Forrest alongside him.

No wantjng to put anything negative on yesterday but forrest never played well.

A_A wehatethehibs

Don’t sell. 

I wouldn’t sell him for anything reasonable. It’d have to be £10m plus 

To be clear about it I am willing to let him leave on a free end of season 24-25.

Quite happy for that to happen. Not bothered about receiving a fee. 

Build 1 last team around him then he’s free to go, free agent, if that’s what he wants to do all the best. 

3 full seasons of Lawrence in a Hearts shirt is worth more than any realistic transfer fee. These £2-3m type sums, just not enough. Just keep him here.

We simply need to push the financial boat out ,and seriously to keep him (if he wants to stay).  
we’ve waited 25+ years for a player like him.  Players like Shanks are like hens teeth and if the difference in keeping him or selling him is a few thousand £ then see that £140,000 we plough in through the foundation - use some of that 

Don’t think he’d go in January as it could ruin his chances of a start in the Euros. 

However, I think both the old firm will come calling next month. 

We should absolutely break the bank for him. 

This is My Story Podcast

The boy is sensational. 

He's that valuable to Hearts that I’d rather he left for free at the end of his contract than sell him for peanuts. He’ll get to 50 goals for us by the end of January, start of Feb. He’ll get over 20 goals again this season. His goals will be the difference between a good and a bad season. 

10 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

No wantjng to put anything negative on yesterday but forrest never played well.

I disagree. He had limited end product but I thought he played an important part in the tactical plan. Many times he carried the ball from the defensive areas into the final third relieving pressure and allowing the defense and midfield to reset. He also chased down a lot of balls played over the top into the channels, again allowing the defensive unit to keep their positions. Not pretty but an important part of the team performance.

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

In all seriousness what is the realistic minimum price we should accept if a move were to happen ? 

Wehatehibs the above post is bang on. Have a look at that its where i am too. He cannot be replaced. No the now anyway.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

We need to offer him a ridiculous deal. It’s as simple as that. Sell Halliday, Sell Haring give their wage to shanks.  5 year deal, 6 year deal I don’t care.  

we need to make it extremely difficult for him to leave.  We need to offer him security for himself and his family.  He may choose to go anyway and that’ll be his choice.  But not till the summer and not till we’ve qualified for Europe.  

Not sure we'd get anything for either of them to be honest......

alicante jambo
Just now, HoGwash said:

I disagree. He had limited end product but I thought he played an important part in the tactical plan. Many times he carried the ball from the defensive areas into the final third relieving pressure and allowing the defense and midfield to reset. He also chased down a lot of balls played over the top into the channels, again allowing the defensive unit to keep their positions. Not pretty but an important part of the team performance.

Fair enough i respect your post but never seen him do much tbh. We won though that was much more important.

alicante jambo
Just now, Section Q said:

Possibly no but would free up maybe 6k per week in wages maybe more.

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The boy is sensational. 

He's that valuable to Hearts that I’d rather he left for free at the end of his contract than sell him for peanuts. He’ll get to 50 goals for us by the end of January, start of Feb. He’ll get over 20 goals again this season. His goals will be the difference between a good and a bad season. 

Agreed, his goals can get us into Europe this season and next. I think that equates to about £10m

Therefore I’d not sell him and let him go for free in 18 months.

Only issue is if he really wants to go and his game suffers if he’s forced to stay. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

I just meant save the wages bud.  Both are on a decent wedge.  

53 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yesterday Shankland scored his 5th goal vs Celtic I believe. 5 goals in 7 games vs them. 

Shankland has 4 goals in 6 vs Hibs. 

Shankland has 6 goals in 12 games in Europe. 

Shankland has scored at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie. Shankland has scored at Hampden. 

I think Livingston and Dundee are the only sides currently in the top flight Shankland has failed to score against whilst playing for Hearts. 

Simply the best there’s been since Robbo. He is sensational. Been a long, long time since I had so much faith in a Hearts forward. He has such variety to his goals as well. 8 in the league and zero pens. Superb. 

🇱🇻♥️

Seems the old addage is true though. He cant do it on a cold Tuesday night in Dundee/Livingston.

Sell please.

If we were to ever give someone a contract ala Gordon to secure him down and secure a windfall, it's him. We'll be waiting another 10-15 years for another of the same calibre. Absolutely brilliant.

The response from most of the fans is he is sensational, nobody would crib at paying his worth, it would guarantee a substantial fee , think of how long we would see the likes again. 15/20 years 😎👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)