Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)

Jackhmfc1348

Scott980612

Give him everything. 

Shankland Hotel 
Shankland face mowed into the pitch   
Name the stadium after him 

A statue outside   

enjoy him while he’s here 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

Valois No1
8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tin pot 1990s money that buys us not even close to the quality we’d lose.

I’d keep at that price and let him go on a free, summer 2025 

Then see you back here in 40 years time, the next time we get a striker this good 

Aye I understand your opinion. Hmmmm dunno mate. Give us 3 million and I’d take it. I think a lot depends on shanks. Will his heart be in playing for us next season if he wants away. Anyway all good debates. Hhgh

Looking at that goal, blootered up to the sole striker, surrounded by defenders, throws them all out of the way and sticks it in the pokey. 
Is that not what Clarke is looking for from Dykes or Adams. Difference is, Shanks is doing this every week. The others aren’t. 
HE MUST BE FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!! 

Shooter McGavin

Put a piece of paper in front of him, whatever number he writes down on it, give him it.

I don't care about the reprecussions of giving him a bumper deal. Just do it. He's the sort of striker we'll tell our kids kids about. 

Just ****ing do it. 

Mikey1874

Maybe we should ask for a Scottish record transfer fee.

Edited by Mikey1874

pettigrewsstylist

To those that think somebody else would score these if he left. They wouldnt. Stone cold fact.

The Merse

He’s becoming unplayable. 

Different class and popping up with all sorts of goals. Baller.

Section Q
1 hour ago, Scott980612 said:

Give him everything. 

Shankland Hotel 
Shankland face mowed into the pitch   
Name the stadium after him 

A statue outside   

enjoy him while he’s here 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

We could name the mascot after him, and I believe Ann has a Shanky tatoo on her butt.....

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

We could name the mascot after him, and I believe Ann has a Shanky tatoo on her butt.....

:lol: too far.

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Only wants £18k mind.

He is passing the interview.

Fort Vallance
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Only wants £18k mind.

That was before tonight. 

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh as an absurd a wage as it sounds for us, 20k pw works out to ~£1m.
If we’re talking about a replacement for Shankland, the tramps spunked around £700k for 3 goals a season Vente.. his wages are probably atleast the 5k the remainder of the million would pay for too.

Just give him £1m signing on fee

where can you buy that type of striker for £1m

Shooter McGavin

People debating whether he’ll make the Scotland squad for the Euros, I’m now 100% convinced he’ll score the winner in the final

It’s just amazing how he can be so consistently out the game and then bang.

And then suddenly he’s everywhere second half. 

Victorian

Offer him an extra two years.  Wage rise that doesn't make an arse of the wage structure.  One-off golden handcuffs payment.  Realistic trigger clause to keep his options open.  Percentage of the sale price.

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Offer him an extra two years.  Wage rise that doesn't make an arse of the wage structure.  One-off golden handcuffs payment.  Realistic trigger clause to keep his options open.  Percentage of the sale price.

Good old Champ Manager offerings 😂😂😅

Go for it 1308
22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Fu*k the wage structure....he's an exception 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Give him our FOH subs ♥️♥️♥️

I'd definitely be up for that....and I mean it

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Looking at that goal, blootered up to the sole striker, surrounded by defenders, throws them all out of the way and sticks it in the pokey. 
Is that not what Clarke is looking for from Dykes or Adams. Difference is, Shanks is doing this every week. The others aren’t. 
HE MUST BE FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!! 

Who gives a **** about Scotland?! I'd rather see him score in a pre season friendly for Hearts than at the WC for Scotland. 

If we can't sign him up, keep him til his contract runs out. No amount of money can replace him. 

Watt-Zeefuik

In our last 10 games, Shankland has scored 12 goals. He has scored in every one of those games except the 3-2 against Dundee when he missed a pen. If he'd made that pen, he'd have now scored in 10 straight games.

Unreal.

5 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Who gives a **** about Scotland?! I'd rather see him score in a pre season friendly for Hearts than at the WC for Scotland. 

If we can't sign him up, keep him til his contract runs out. No amount of money can replace him. 

Me, and the thousands of others who will be behind the country this summer.

Shankland has to be first choice.

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This. 

Might be one of the few that would put country before club. 

🤷

Bizarre attitude to have though to outright say “**** scotland” the international team doing well actually puts our game on the map so to speak.  

20k. Take it from FoH subs. We’ll never have another like him for decades 

If we're to progress as a club, we need to have players who can take us to the infamous "next level". 

Shanks is the perfect example of that, except he's a player who in truth belongs, not one, but multiple levels above where we are. 

As history has proven, and as has been said above, finding a player who will score this many goals is impossible, or 99% way outwith our budget. 

We struck gold with LS, and we can't afford to take the risk of knowingly losing his goals, as they'll be next to impossible to replace in the same quantity. 

If Shanks is prepared to stay at £20k pw, I genuinely think we need to find a way to pay him that. 

Regardless, I'd be keeping him for next season too. Let's not limit our ambitions. It's time for Joe Savage's dreams to come to fruition! 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 hours ago, Nik5122 said:

Put everyone's council tax up for the next 5 years

Taken that a bit too far I’m a pensioner

Mister Dee

I think it’s obvious that he’s not going to sign a new contract -he will likely become a millionaire when he signs his next deal. 
We must assume the worst that he’ll leave in the summer, & identify a replacement(s). 

Without his goals this season, things would look very different, for the team & Naismith. 

cosanostra

How on earth do you replace Lawrence Shankland? 

It's not even just the goals. He's a leader, a captain and intelligent around the penalty box.

Anyone with that sort if skill set will be way out of our price range. 

If we sell him in the Summer, there's a fair chance we'll be breaking our transfer record on a new no.9 IMO.

It's a no brainer to me that even in the summer if he is in this form we keep him and get another season out of him. His goal rate would mean it would need to still be a sizeable bid to take him this summer. He's irreplaceable with what we can find in the pond we will be fishing in. Without him so many of our games this season wouldn't have resulted in wins. One comment of class last night and same at Easter Road or we draw both those games. 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye but preseason friendlies though. 😄

gregzy2k7
10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

£20k per week. 

Would be worth every penny. I geniunely wonder if fans could do a separate donation outside of foh and put to the club to just l put towards his wages in order to keep him? 

8 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would be worth every penny. I geniunely wonder if fans could do a separate donation outside of foh and put to the club to just l put towards his wages in order to keep him? 

It's a good idea but not really for financial planning. Unless all upfront, what happens if for whatever reason people stop paying. 

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

How on earth do you replace Lawrence Shankland? 

It's not even just the goals. He's a leader, a captain and intelligent around the penalty box.

Anyone with that sort if skill set will be way out of our price range. 

If we sell him in the Summer, there's a fair chance we'll be breaking our transfer record on a new no.9 IMO.

You don't. 

When he leaves, we absolutely will not be able to replace him. The hope (if he does leave) is that we've upgraded our attacking players sufficiently that the goals are spread around better. A bit like Robbies team in 15/16 - maybe a striker that can score 10-15, alongside wingers that can score high single digits, goals from midfield and also a CB that can score from corners. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)