Blondie.

Dawnrazor

We're watching "Blondie at the BBC" on BBC 2. 

What an absolutely fantastic band they were, have to go down as on if the best ever.

*Edit* if I've done something wrong mods I'm sorry, please don't ban me from this thread 🙏

Edited by Dawnrazor

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

If someone with blonde hair is nicknamed blondie, then what would you nickname someone with dark hair, Dawn?

Would.

32 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What an absolutely fantastic band they were, have to go down as on if the best ever.

*Edit* if I've done something wrong mods I'm sorry, please don't ban me from this thread 🙏

One way or another, they're going to get you, DR.

Edited by redjambo

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

only if they go atomic

Not if he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not if he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race

Sometimes I wish I could.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sometimes I wish I could.

I'd wait a few more iterations of Starship before hitching a ride up there with Elon. ;)

2 minutes ago, Pap said:

Saw the live with INXS 🤔

Cool😎 

Goodbye Mr McKenzie supported them, I'd love to have seen that too.

Watching it now!!! Catapulted back in time. 
I so admire Debbie because she stuck by Chris throughout his illness, she could easily have walked away,  but no. True love. 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thanks for pointing this out to is DR. I'm only a semi recent convert to punk music. Thanks to you and this programme, all of blondies albums have now been downloaded to my phone.

One of the first bands I can really remember hearing as my mum liked them. Got the Tide is High single for a birthday (must have been my 6th), which I still have.

Debbie Harry was amazing back in the day 😍

The chat at school on the Friday morning after she had appeared on TOTP on the Thursday night singing Denis Denis is not printable here 😅.

Really good tribute band called Dirty Harry is worth a visit.

Carl Fredrickson

She was on ToTP when I was at primary and it may have been Denis Denis but it was the start of things stirring below for me. 

She had the voice, the looks and some cracking tunes. Great band who I still listen to over 40 years later. 

18 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The chat at school on the Friday morning after she had appeared on TOTP on the Thursday night singing Denis Denis is not printable here 😅.

Seen blondie at the odeon.

Dirty Harry are good .

Both the blondes are tidy

33 minutes ago, Ked said:

Seen blondie at the odeon.

Dirty Harry are good .

Both the blondes are tidy

Yip they are 👍

Fxxx the SPFL
13 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Debbie Harry🥰🥰

Did she not marry a Scottish lad that played in the band or was that another female pop star

Watched a film called ‘videdrome’ with her in it. 1983 Bat shit crazy film but decent. Has James Woods in it and directed by David Cronenberg (explains a lot).

she’s rather hot in it

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Watched a film called ‘videdrome’ with her in it. 1983 Bat shit crazy film but decent. Has James Woods in it and directed by David Cronenberg (explains a lot).

she’s rather hot in it

She also did some nude modelling, even with no clothes on you can still tell it's the 70's!

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Did she not marry a Scottish lad that played in the band or was that another female pop star

Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders was married to Jim Kerr from Simple Minds. Oddly they lived in South Queensferry. 

16 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Watching it now, superb band, watched them live back in the late 70s, 

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

She was on ToTP when I was at primary and it may have been Denis Denis but it was the start of things stirring below for me. 

She had the voice, the looks and some cracking tunes. Great band who I still listen to over 40 years later. 

For me, she goes down as one of the very best front men/women ever, up there with the very best, like you say, she had everything.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I think you are probably thinking of Suzi Quatro, who married the Scottish guitarist Len Tuckey - always looked an incongruous couple, not that I was jealous or anything.........

Suzi Quatro Her Husband Len Tuckey Editorial Stock Photo ...

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders was married to Jim Kerr from Simple Minds. Oddly they lived in South Queensferry

And what's so odd about that?! 😯

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think you are probably thinking of Suzi Quatro, who married the Scottish guitarist Len Tuckey - always looked an incongruous couple, not that I was jealous or anything.........

You were jealous of being married to Len Tuckey?  

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Cheers Scott

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

You were jealous of being married to Len Tuckey?  

As a young impressionable teenager at the time I was gutted she married someone with musical ability rather than a plooky teenager  like me!

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

1968-ish:

x8pd87gx2b601.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8aa5b2b

1969 or so (her stint working as a Playboy bunny):

s-l1600.jpg

I remember reading that she was almost a victim of Ted Bundy based on interviews with her but the timelines and details don’t match up. 

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

I remember reading that she was almost a victim of Ted Bundy based on interviews with her but the timelines and details don’t match up. 

IIRC, the Bundy experts reckon it wasn't bundy as you said but could have been someone with a similar MO or even a copycat

On 19/11/2023 at 08:59, Robbo-Jambo said:

🎶🎵🎶 "Beneath the knee" 🎶🎵🎶