Hibs appoint Nick Montgomery as manager

Batistuta87

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Let’s not forget item number 3: 

Hibernian are an absolutely shambolical football club. 

That bad they need to get another club to come in and look after them 🤣

Here have the keys , please don't shaft us.

Edited by vegas-voss

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Shooter McGavin

• DS98

• Sooks

7 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Aye it's mental, I thought the same! It took months of speech therapy (in Dutch), facial exercises and what have you to build the strength back up, and I'm still a squinty ****

Sound shit. Must affect some more than others. 

I bet you notice it more than anyone else though. That’s how it works with stuff like that. 

Monty is still a long way short of Terry Butcher, who is still my all time favourite.  But I feel like he could "do a Fenlon" if given a bit more rope.  

I think they should advertise the Hibs manager job as coming with 2-2 and a half years paid holiday, as it always seems to end in a lot of gardening leave.  

soonbe110
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, the guy you were replying to's optimism was entirely merited, at this point in time. However, things can change quickly in football. 🥸

Yep, this time last year we were just as far clear in third and comfortable. Beginning of March (beware the ides of March) was when it all started to fall apart. Hopefully lessons have been learned. Don’t want another change of management team come April or summer even though I wasn’t in favour of Naismith getting the job. 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Quote OBita best defender in the league

👀

This is what they do . It is absolutely crazy . Shite to shiny in minutes , and more then back to shite again all in one season 

RustyRightPeg

He's in the paper giving it the big one that Obita is one of the best full backs in the league and he had to shoe horn him into centre half...on the same day he loans...that's right a centre half out. Here's an idea, maybe stop signing attackers (don't it's brilliant your defence is shite) on huge wages.

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sound shit. Must affect some more than others. 

I bet you notice it more than anyone else though. That’s how it works with stuff like that. 

:thumbsup: deffo

Clerry Jambo
33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is what they do . It is absolutely crazy . Shite to shiny in minutes , and more then back to shite again all in one season 

Correct sooks. Apart from being the best rivals you could want, they’re also the loudest !!

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

stop signing attackers (don't it's brilliant your defence is shite) on huge wages.

We've scored more than them in the league now!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

He was and deserves credit for anticipating an upturn in results. There was (and in my view still is) plenty improvement required but there is no taking away from 3pts, 3pts, 3pts etc. It's professional sport and winning should always matter! So hats off to @kingantti1874 for keeping the faith!

👍🏻 you wouldn’t need to look too far if you wanted to find some examples of me talking shite - broken clock is right twice a day.

But I have confidence in Naismith. It could yet go the other way so let’s just enjoy where we are and get behind the team.  That’s the one thing that brings me back here.  Despite the bickering and arguing we all want the same thing.  

well apart from the very obvious interlopers who roam free 

Edited by kingantti1874

vegas-voss
43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bushiri is the best example of this.They love the guy then comes the massive bomb scare moment and it's crucified for a week then back in love again.If football fans were bipolar they would be Hibs.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Bushiri is the best example of this.They love the guy then comes the massive bomb scare moment and it's crucified for a week then back in love again.If football fans were bipolar they would be Hibs.

Yip . He is about as much use as a marzipan dildo :rofl: 

Cameronstheman
59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip . He is about as much use as a marzipan dildo :rofl: 

You wonder if either have tried  such delights 👀

I watched Sportscene to laugh at Hibs and that boy Megwa is hilariously bad, seen him twice go to tackle with the wrong foot and leave himself exposed 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I watched Sportscene to laugh at Hibs and that boy Megwa is hilariously bad, seen him twice go to tackle with the wrong foot and leave himself exposed 

He is the next six million dollar man down the pig farm :lol: 

8 hours ago, naeclue said:

Monty is still a long way short of Terry Butcher, who is still my all time favourite.  But I feel like he could "do a Fenlon" if given a bit more rope.  

I think they should advertise the Hibs manager job as coming with 2-2 and a half years paid holiday, as it always seems to end in a lot of gardening leave.  

The butcher days .

How I laughed.

26 minutes ago, Ked said:

The butcher days .

How I laughed.

The Butcher , the faker and the shite app maker

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.webp

8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's in the paper giving it the big one that Obita is one of the best full backs in the league and he had to shoe horn him into centre half...on the same day he loans...that's right a centre half out. Here's an idea, maybe stop signing attackers (don't it's brilliant your defence is shite) on huge wages.

Obita would be our 4th choice left back. Which may be unfair of me on young Ethan Drysdale.

Corstorphine Jambo
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.webp

🏅

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.webp

😁 🤣 

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.webp

👏👏😂

15 hours ago, Bozi said:

They absolutely crucified him and gave him pelters on social media. So much he had to delete his accounts.

A young lad, playing his debut (I think?) against strong opposition but they've probably destroyed him already. 

Mikey1874

There's a story that Hibs are going to let Jimmy Jeggo return to Australia. Bit of a failure then though have signed players for the position. 

Horatio Caine
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

They absolutely crucified him and gave him pelters on social media. So much he had to delete his accounts.

A young lad, playing his debut (I think?) against strong opposition but they've probably destroyed him already. 

The lad had been out on loan at Airdrie and had been getting rave reviews. He was recalled and the Hobbits were creaming themselves at the prospect.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
57 minutes ago, Homme said:

I see there are vermin saying it was Hearts fans and Huns, no way would it have been any one of their racist mob. I'd say that is why the vermin have an extremely racist support, just ignore the problem and blame everyone.

gregzy2k7
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.webp

Legends all 3,

Missing my personal fave, wee paddy fenlon (the cup loser) though.

There are others like Colin Calderwood that were excellent too.

Monty is next in line for the hibs hall of fame for greatest opposition managers to Hearts.

colinmorewasgash

Hibs sign 10m player from Hertha.

Hibs sign Brentford superstar. 

Hibs sign ex Tottenham starlet. 

Kanayo Megwa can be best right-back in SCOTLAND as Airdrie boss tells Hibs they've got a gem.

They don't half have good PR. 

vegas-voss
18 hours ago, Bozi said:

Potential to be best right back in Scotland so they say 🤣

Edited by vegas-voss

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

The lad had been out on loan at Airdrie and had been getting rave reviews. He was recalled and the Hobbits were creaming themselves at the prospect.

Was doing really well at Airdrie.

Manager has hung him out to dry starting him behind Youan against Rangers. Was 2 v 1 almost all night and Matondo had him on toast early doors.  

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was doing really well at Airdrie.

Manager has hung him out to dry starting him behind Youan against Rangers. Was 2 v 1 almost all night and Matondo had him on toast early doors.  

Montgomery's background in youth development certainly has no problem chucking players in. Sink or swim. Was a very tough debut for Megwa.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Fool Monty is doing great IMO

Long may it continue

I like him!

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Hibs sign 10m player from Hertha.

Hibs sign Brentford superstar. 

Hibs sign ex Tottenham starlet. 

Kanayo Megwa can be best right-back in SCOTLAND as Airdrie boss tells Hibs they've got a gem.

They don't half have good PR. 

They are sliding down the pipe towards the big pile of shite they know so well , yet all we hear is how good their players are and how much they are worth . It really is quite staggering that nobody ever says “ hang on , how can players x y and z be so amazing and worth so much money when you are total pish and these guys are the reason why ? “

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Legends all 3,

Missing my personal fave, wee paddy fenlon (the cup loser) though.

There are others like Colin Calderwood that were excellent too.

Monty is next in line for the hibs hall of fame for greatest opposition managers to Hearts.

It is a tough call but probably Calderwood for my personal favourite . His famous “ who cares “ interview takes some beating 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They are sliding down the pipe towards the big pile of shite they know so well , yet all we hear is how good their players are and how much they are worth . It really is quite staggering that nobody ever says “ hang on , how can players x y and z be so amazing and worth so much money when you are total pish and these guys are the reason why ? “

Rocky the man who can Meg himself from his own header is another they tried to talk up, they’ve parked that one for now!😂

vegas-voss
58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Montgomery's background in youth development certainly has no problem chucking players in. Sink or swim. Was a very tough debut for Megwa.

Think there only other option was a 16yr old

37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Rocky the man who can Meg himself from his own header is another they tried to talk up, they’ve parked that one for now!😂

Staggering eh 

I P Knightley
On 25/01/2024 at 11:45, RustyRightPeg said:

Happy to admit I was wrong. I thought he was a good appointment.

Stubborn beyond belief.

My take is that he won the Cup or League, whatever it was with CCM, in a league where the gap from top to bottom isn't as big as it is here. At any given time a team could go on a run over there, like CCM did and win silverware. At no point will Livi (who I'm using as the closest comparison) win a cup. He think he can beat the likes of the Old Firm, by playing out. Learning the hard way.

Plenty of Hibs fans getting sick of his insistence on playing out from the back with not only Marshall in goal, but guys like Hanlon, Bushiri and Stevenson at the back and also the fact he won't change it in game. 

You've not been wrong at all. The consensus on here is that he's another great appointment. 

• 1 month later...
Nelly Terraces

Heard this chump on the radio tonight, bumping his gums, greeting about how good his shit team were. Well you see, that's it mate, you were the better side but still couldn't turn over a piss poor Hearts team & you better wise up to the fact that's about as good as it'll get for you in derbies you slavering vermin ****.

FTH.

Mikey1874

Needs to ditch Vente. 

Centre half Triantis for best attacking player Marcondes with 10 minutes to go was an interesting substitution for a team supposedly so much on top. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Heard this chump on the radio tonight, bumping his gums, greeting about how good his shit team were. Well you see, that's it mate, you were the better side but still couldn't turn over a piss poor Hearts team & you better wise up to the fact that's about as good as it'll get for you in derbies you slavering vermin ****.

FTH.

Incredible decision by him to take off the guy who was whipping in those dangerous corner kicks, just as he was about to take another one.

As you said, it’s unlikely that Hibs will have a better chance of beating us at Tynecastle anytime soon.

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Maybe they can do a lap of honour around their training barn tomorrow morning. 

These wretches have probably already got an open topped bus sorted for a celebratory parade tomorrow.

dannymack

His team were brilliant and the fans were magnificent... thats when I turned to my son and said... "Now you'll understand why no one can take Hibs seriously".

Another mug. 

Kirky Jambo

Did he seriously say the fans were brilliant? What a muppet, all they did was set off fireworks, flare on the pitch and hurl missiles. They were actually pretty quiet most of the night which I thought was odd as (to be fair to the feckers) they are usually quite loud.

Their fans are a disgrace. Were we chucking all sorts on the pitch, no. Were we singing about Ron Gordon being dead, no. They did and sung about Wallace mercer.