Wee team in Europe

Wonfiveone

David McCaig
26 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Oh I don’t agree with it but you can see the lazy comparisons being made. McKay gets it tight on here sometimes. 

It will be interesting to see how BM links up with someone with Tagawa's pace and anticipation. I often felt that whilst Ginnelly had pace, he sometimes didn't read what BM was thinking which turned a good pass into a poor one.

Also the more threats we have on the pitch the harder it becomes to double mark our creative players.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

It will be interesting to see how BM links up with someone with Tagawa's pace and anticipation. I often felt that whilst Ginnelly had pace, he sometimes didn't read what BM was thinking which turned a good pass into a poor one.

Also the more threats we have on the pitch the harder it becomes to double mark our creative players.

Absolutely. Ginnelly’s pace and a decent strike was his attributes but not the most intelligent player about. 

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I always thought Ginnelly never used his pace the way he should have especially out wide, often slowed it down when he should have been blitzing any full back in our league for pace. He was a far more effective weapon through the middle running in behind. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I always thought Ginnelly never used his pace the way he should have especially out wide, often slowed it down when he should have been blitzing any full back in our league for pace. He was a far more effective weapon through the middle running in behind. 

I think playing through the middle simplified the game for JG, if he had better anticipation and game intelligence he'd have been playing at a much higher level than us.

It will be interesting to see if he keeps maturing and learning at Swansea or if he hits the buffers when he comes up against bigger stronger players who can match him for pace.

The Goalscoring Knee
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I always thought Ginnelly never used his pace the way he should have especially out wide, often slowed it down when he should have been blitzing any full back in our league for pace.

Think part of the problem was his delivery from wide out was by and large rank rotten - it always seemed to hit the first man or go out for a throw-in on the far side.

Far more effective using that pace to create room for some sweet strikes in the middle/channels.

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He was effective when played through the middle.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Aye that's the thing, I'm not sure I see anyone else having a good season.  St Mirren, almost Livi last year type season which could challenge for top 5...

Maybe St Mirren again.  Maaaaybe Motherwell, the rest I think solidly relegation fight.

So Hibs I think would need to be extremely poor to miss top 6 - like less than 50 points.  As much as I dont think they'll be great, no threat to us if we do our job, they're not missing top 6 unfortunately.  Hey if they shine against our actually league rivals they may even help us out!

There's always one team like St Mirren, Livvy or Motherwell that just eem to put a string of results together midseason that nobody notices. Maybe it will be Killie this year as they have a solid manager.

On 27/07/2023 at 15:56, Wonfiveone said:

Anyone secretly hoping they win tonight and next week for no other reason than our country’s coefficient points? Just asking out of curiosity. 

hahahahahaha good one - NO !!!! only time I would ever want them to win anything (at anything....even tiddlywinks) would be if it was to benefit us eg prevent Aberdeen to take 3rd from us. 

3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Either underestimating Hibs or overestimating the ‘rest’, only time will tell which but Hibs will be top 6. They have plenty going forward compared to most of the league which will get them goals. I still think we have a much deeper and stronger squad if we can stay at all healthy and that Aberdeen will be the main problem but  Hibs are favorites to be 5th again. 

I think our second 11 would turn over the hobos first 11

On 28/07/2023 at 12:53, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs fans are in denial forgetting that result is in the history books and will be mentioned every year.

Malmo not forgotten though either.

image.jpeg.27b434908b11006985a62681ac908588.jpeg

Edited by busbyfth

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, sac said:

I think our second 11 would turn over the hobos first 11

I mean I wish that were true but I think last seasons league results ended up with a win a piece and 2 draws and given there was only 2pts in it after 38 games I'd rather we did our talking on the pitch and proved that we are  significantly better like you are suggesting. 

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Either underestimating Hibs or overestimating the ‘rest’, only time will tell which but Hibs will be top 6. They have plenty going forward compared to most of the league which will get them goals. I still think we have a much deeper and stronger squad if we can stay at all healthy and that Aberdeen will be the main problem but  Hibs are favorites to be 5th again. 

Yeah I think they'll be top 6 also, but I still think they are pretty shit! 😅

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yep exactly that. Even at our level money is talking more than ever which is why I can see Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs dominating 3rd-5th for the foreseeable. Hibs have just gone and spent Livvy’s budget on a player and us and Aberdeen can offer wages way higher than the ‘rest’. As we know there is a huge gulf above us but it’s also increasing below us with this pair. It would be a failure if we don’t end up above them but I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss them either. 

Agree about the top 5 - think one of us will have to have a complete howler to finish 6th or below - the rest of the league are all very poor on paper. Could surprise us yet but it's unlikely

Mr Elwood P
44 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Agree about the top 5 - think one of us will have to have a complete howler to finish 6th or below - the rest of the league are all very poor on paper. Could surprise us yet but it's unlikely

St Mirren, Motherwell and Livingston aren't too bad. 

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I mean I wish that were true but I think last seasons league results ended up with a win a piece and 2 draws and given there was only 2pts in it after 38 games I'd rather we did our talking on the pitch and proved that we are  significantly better like you are suggesting. 

We played them 5 times. Won 2, drew 2 and lost 1.

Scored 8 and conceded 3.

I like how you conveniently miss out the cup game to suit your agenda.

Luckies1874
17 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

We played them 5 times. Won 2, drew 2 and lost 1.

Scored 8 and conceded 3.

I like how you conveniently miss out the cup game to suit your agenda.

:vrface:  what agenda might this be?

We are discussing the league for the upcoming season. Last season we took 5 pts against them in the league as they did us. The chap I was responding to says he thinks our 2nd 11 would beat their 1st 11. I think that's a stretch. Sorry about that! 

Edited by Luckies1874

12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We are discussing the league for the upcoming season. Last season we took 5 pts against them in the league as they did us. The chap I was responding to says he thinks our 2nd 11 would beat their 1st 11. I think that's a stretch. Sorry about that! 

What he thought isn’t a stretch it’s utter nonsense. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What he thought isn’t a stretch it’s utter nonsense. 

I'm aware mate but it's like treading on egg shells on here if you try to have a balanced opinion! 

I believe Hearts should and will finish above Hibs this season but they are quite clearly the likely challengers, along with Aberdeen, in respect to getting to where we need too by next May. In my view whether we do it comfortably depends on if we can keep key individuals available and how it turns out both clubs have recruited, which is currently unknown.

Edited by Luckies1874

RustyRightPeg

He talks shite regardless of who you support. 

Surefire way to get the fans on your back. 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He talks shite regardless of who you support. 

Surefire way to get the fans on your back. 

I'm sure ridiculing supporter anger is a great approach :D 

Convinced he's a massive Jambo and taking the ***** out of them until he gets the bullet

18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

My (usually absent) Hibby neighbours have come home especially for the Euro tie on Thursday.

They've done so previously for derby games v Hearts, much to their disappointment.

Should Brora from Andorra see them off then what should I do?

A) Be mature and keep a low profile

B) Offer my, ahem, sincere condolences

C) Wrap a Hearts scarf around their doorhandle, stick a picture of Wee Lee through their letterbox, and play 'Sunshine on Leith' at full volume when they get home

Decisions, decisions ... 🤣

stick a picture of david brent through their letterbox

5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

That is a stretch, but personally I can still see them missing out on top 6

12 minutes ago, Arry said:

Easy win for hobos  unfortunately.

Aye that late goal they got completely changed things 2-0 it might have been a struggle but I can see them scoring early and it being a big win.

Upside they will then think they are great only to lose their first league game cause well they are pish 🤣

Quote from the wee team Manager:

""I'm really excited about what we can achieve with the squad moving forward with the signings that we have made. I can never guarantee anyone games, but what I can guarantee is we are moving in the right direction and we will have a good season."

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'm aware mate but it's like treading on egg shells on here if you try to have a balanced opinion! 

I believe Hearts should and will finish above Hibs this season but they are quite clearly the likely challengers, along with Aberdeen, in respect to getting to where we need too by next May. In my view whether we do it comfortably depends on if we can keep key individuals available and how it turns out both clubs have recruited, which is currently unknown.

If you are actually having a balanced view when comparing results you include all the games. 

Both the Cup and League are major domestic competitions so a win is a win. 

Be different if it was EOS shield or a friendly. 

The upshot was even with the poor end to the season we still had the upper hand over them and with a comfortable goal difference as well. 

If hibs go out tomorrow I’ll combust. Utterly combust. Don’t expect them to but you never know. Would be just beautiful. Imagine the seethe. 

26 minutes ago, H2 said:

""I'm really excited about what we can achieve with the squad moving forward with the signings that we have made. I can never guarantee anyone games, but what I can guarantee is we are moving in the right direction and we will have a good season."

He’s an absolute joy to listen to.  Hopefully here for some time yet as he is comedy gold.

If this thread has to be retitled "Wee Team Out of Europe" tomorrow evening, I think I might genuinely piss myself laughing. 

A tiny wee team, with no big name players, a stadium with no fans in it... getting beat by an Andorran team. :jj:

23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If you are actually having a balanced view when comparing results you include all the games. 

Both the Cup and League are major domestic competitions so a win is a win. 

Be different if it was EOS shield or a friendly. 

The upshot was even with the poor end to the season we still had the upper hand over them and with a comfortable goal difference as well. 

Was a bit more balanced than his usual Alpha-Fan schtick, tbf. 

Luckies1874
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Was a bit more balanced than his usual Alpha-Fan schtick, tbf. 

:rofl:

:jjyay:

Unknown user
On 01/08/2023 at 00:16, Jingle Bells said:

So in reality that's 500 Vermin, if you are lucky

If you're unlucky, 600

Unknown user
1 hour ago, H2 said:

Thing is, he's out on his hole if they don't, so he might as well give it the big yin. There's not much risk in being bombastic at this stage.

Pretty much a stick on Hibs win by a few goals . If there is one team on the planet who could make a dogs dinner of this though

Hibs losing would surely be the ultimate “Hibs’d it”?

Would top all other Hibs’d it moments?

Please make it so. They are capable of it.

David McCaig
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Pretty much a stick on Hibs win by a few goals . If there is one team on the planet who could make a dogs dinner of this though

Surely inconceivable that they don't win this by at least 5

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I would expect so but you really do just never know with this lot 

manaliveits105

To be fair football usually wins over hoofball 

Inter to go through 

oh these big European nights at the echodome 🤣

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I thought similar last week. At least a couple goals type idea. 

Who knows. 

Found it hard to resist the odds on the handicap betting again today though. 

Padrone della casa
53 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I thought similar last week. At least a couple goals type idea. 

Who knows. 

Found it hard to resist the odds on the handicap betting again today though. 

Thought the same regarding handicap betting as I thought at best they might scrape through. Will take the draw and  at least a -1 price. 
Also thought a small double with the Crusaders might be worth a quid or two.

3 minutes ago, Padrone della casa said:

Thought the same regarding handicap betting as I thought at best they might scrape through. Will take the draw and  at least a -1 price. 
Also thought a small double with the Crusaders might be worth a quid or two.

Ah forgot to look at that game.

Is it in Norway tonight? I remember some folk posting that Rosenborg fans online weren't too optimistic about getting passed them over the two legs so not the worst of shouts.