• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Does the swpfl have a split as well?

Yes - as I understand it, the split is after 22 games, with the top six then playing each other home and away for a total of 32 games.

davemclaren
Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes - as I understand it, the split is after 22 games, with the top six then playing each other home and away for a total of 32 games.

👍

Australis

See Partick are sitting on the same points as us.

I imagine we have spent much more on players.

Is the Partick manager worth a shout.

Malinga the Swinga
19 minutes ago, Australis said:

See Partick are sitting on the same points as us.

I imagine we have spent much more on players.

Is the Partick manager worth a shout.

You mean the Patrick Thistle men's centre forward Brian Graham. Think he's tied to them till he retires from playing.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You mean the Patrick Thistle men's centre forward Brian Graham. Think he's tied to them till he retires from playing.

Yeah, he’s still banging in the goals for them and think he’s contracted for a couple more years.

We had some poor results earlier in the season but I’ve had seen nothing to suggest that Eva would be, or should be, replaced.

Niemi’s gloves

Hearts women’s next game is away to Rangers and could see them drop to 6th after Round 19 of games but they should take 9 points from the next three games before the split.  By contrast, Hibs and Thistle each have to play both Celtic and Rangers, as well as each other. My guess is that Hibs will take just 6 points and Thistle 3points from their next four games. 

So at the split it could be Hearts in fourth place on 42 points, Hibs 41 points and Thistle 36 points.

Mikey1874

Hearts have made another signing. More a young player with potential. Latterly played in English second tier, Lewes. Interestingly Lewes is managed by ex Aberdeen, Scotland and six years manager of Glasgow City Scott Booth. No transfer fee as cancelled contract with Lewes first.

Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts have made another signing. More a young player with potential. Latterly played in English second tier, Lewes. Interestingly Lewes is managed by ex Aberdeen, Scotland and six years manager of Glasgow City Scott Booth. No transfer fee as cancelled contract with Lewes first.

I’m sure that’s the second lass we’ve signed from Lewes

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’m sure that’s the second lass we’ve signed from Lewes

Yes, we signed Georgia Timms from Lewes.

Welcome to the mighty Heart of Midlothian, Kate!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts sign Kate Mooney
Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes, we signed Georgia Timms from Lewes.

Welcome to the mighty Heart of Midlothian, Kate!

👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - East. Fife v Hearts
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - East Fife 0 Hearts 10
Kalamazoo Jambo
18 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Winning 9-0 away to east fife in Scottish cup

East Fife 0 Hearts 10 final score.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, jambali said:

Well done!! Last 8.

Hibs beat Glasgow City on penalties, I’d consider that a minor upset these days.

47 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Hibs beat Glasgow City on penalties, I’d consider that a minor upset these days.

Indeed!

Hackney Hearts

Not the best exhibition of goalkeeping.

I honestly think I'd have done better (I'm 62 and a bit creaky).

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

How bad was their keeper 😳

I actually went along to the game to get an idea of the standard. As seems to be the case, women's football struggles to find goalkeepers of a reasonable height and agility. The EF keeper actually made 3 or 4 decent stops during the game.

At the other end, I think the Hearts keeper had to deal with maybe 3 back passes and that was her total involvement, zero saves, zero shots, even zero goal kicks to take, such was the gulf between the two teams. In a tribute to Craig Levein, EF played a 5-5-0 formation.

Despite the scoreline, Hearts were wasteful at times with their passing in forward areas and should have won more comfortably.

In an odd incident Hearts appeared to have made a cock up with the team lines which could have led to further embarrassment post match.  When making their final sub around 70mins (giving a debut to Angel Low), the Assistant Ref got as far as allowing the exchange and the players to enter/leave the park. However, before the game restarted, the same AR seemingly indicated that the sub had the wrong number as indicated in the team limes (she wore #34 with her name on her shirt).  The subbed player then returned to the pitch, while a coach and Angel, disappeared down the tunnel. After 5 mins, the coach returned, had a word with the AR, then went back down the tunnel. A further 7 minutes passed before the coach and Angel returned, this time with Angel wearing #24 with a different name on the shirt and was allowed to make the intended substitution at that point.

I felt sorry for Angel in the circumstances, expecting to play for the last 20 mins, but only getting the final 7 mins, along with all the uncertainty of whether she should be allowed to play at all. 

Hearts are responsible for the accuracy of the team lines. The AR shouldn't have allowed her onto the park in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.  I'm sure that what followed would be technically the right thing to do on the refs part, but a bit of common sense at the original substitution could have been avoided the situation playing out as it did.

There was no dispute about the players identity, despite the incorrect number. The discrepancy could have been noted along with an acknowledgement and correction of the error at the time.  I can understand referees wanting to ensure that the names/numbers match, e.g. subs picking up the wrong shirt on the bench, but that was not the case on this occasion. It was fortunate that Hearts actually had a #24 shirt with them. If they didn't, then Angel may have missed out on her debut.   I wonder what would have happened if the game had restarted after Angel initially went on. Could Hearts have been sanctioned after the event, despite the AR also making an error?

Any refs out there who can confirm the processes and how such errors can be corrected?

Edited by Footballfirst

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dear Lord, that keeper :facepalm:

East Fife had periods of 35 minutes then over 20 minutes not conceding a goal. Bizarre game.

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

Scottish Cup quarter final draw

Partick Thistle v Hearts (March 10 Petershill Park, Glasgow)

Livingston v Spartans

Hibs v Rangers

Montrose v Celtic

Edited by Mikey1874

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scottish Cup quarter final draw

Partick Thistle v Hearts (March 10 Petershill Park, Glasgow)

Livingston v Spartans

Hibs v Rangers

Montrose v Celtic

Good draw! 

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Good draw! 

Will be a hard game. Partick in league cup final and are decent team. Still, better then getting Rangers or Celtic.

Livi or Spartans are the team you want in semi final.

Silvery_Moon
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

On the TV tonight 

Another good test for the women. Hopefully a win v the big 3 isn't too far away.

Malinga the Swinga

Scrappy defeat. Gave as good as they got but just couldn't score. Getting closer to them though and I fancy beating them in cup final 

Albert McFly

Nice to see our full time underachieving woman's team sitting 6 in the league behind 3 part time teams 

Not to worry though everyone tells me it'll be fine because the manager is glamorous! 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Albert McFly said:

Nice to see our full time underachieving woman's team sitting 6 in the league behind 3 part time teams 

Not to worry though everyone tells me it'll be fine because the manager is glamorous! 

May be back up to 4th at the split after the next three rounds of games

2 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

Do you watch them at all? One or two blips in a clearly-improving team which leaves them mid-season a few points off where they might be does not make them an underachieving team.

And you need to have a word with whoever these people are judging a manager on their 'glamour'? Sexist nonsense.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Aberdeen 0
Kalamazoo Jambo

4-0 final score (edited!). Only saw part of the game but we looked comfortable and missed a few good chances.

Footballfirst
40 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

3-0 final score. Only saw part of the game but we looked comfortable and missed a few good chances.

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Cheers, I switched over to the Airdrie game and made the mistake of trusting Google with the full time score!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 4 Aberdeen 0
Niemi’s gloves
52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Closer. Hibs play Partick next week.

20240211_200138.jpg

indeed and in the final games before the split on March 4th, Thistle are away to Celtic while Hibs are home to Rangers. By contrast, Hearts Women have a home game against Montrose next week and then an away game at Dundee United. There is every chance that our women will be back up to 4th at the split. 

Albert McFly
7 hours ago, mrcrisps said:

Do you watch them at all? One or two blips in a clearly-improving team which leaves them mid-season a few points off where they might be does not make them an underachieving team.

And you need to have a word with whoever these people are judging a manager on their 'glamour'? Sexist nonsense.

Unfortunately I see them most games.

I take your points in return but in reality with the budget and spend we have it's unacceptable to be so far away from the top 3 who we have comparable budgets with. In real terms the team has regressed in 2 years.

I'm a huge believer in our girls academy and from my point of view more of them should be escalated to the first team rather than the average mercenaries we have at the moment 

Hungry hippo
31 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

I take your points in return but in reality with the budget and spend we have it's unacceptable to be so far away from the top 3 who we have comparable budgets with. In real terms the team has regressed in 2 years.

I'm a huge believer in our girls academy and from my point of view more of them should be escalated to the first team rather than the average mercenaries we have at the moment 

Have you got anything to back up that we're paying comparable money to them?

My understanding was that the Glasgow teams (certainly the Old Firm) have far higher budgets and we are paying wages more similar to Hibs.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Albert McFly said:

How do you know the Rangers and Celtic budgets?

You can post them. 

John Findlay
On 11/02/2024 at 17:52, Footballfirst said:

My name sake Danni Findlay scored two cracking goals for our third and fourth.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2