• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Fantastic result for the girls

special congratulations to Amelie Birse on her first two goals for the first team

My daughter played beside her a couple of years ago. I was surprised that she got this far… she was fast but I wasn’t sure about her over all ability or finishing but she was abs is still young.

But I’m absolutely delighted for her and her parents - her Dad is a great guy and very proud of her. She obviously has improved hugely so a massive well done to her 🙌👍

8 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

My daughter played beside her a couple of years ago. I was surprised that she got this far… she was fast but I wasn’t sure about her over all ability or finishing but she was abs is still young.

But I’m absolutely delighted for her and her parents - her Dad is a great guy and very proud of her. She obviously has improved hugely so a massive well done to her 🙌👍

Her dad is indeed a great guy…for a Dundee fan 😁

15 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Well done to Hearts women for coming back from 2-0 down to win 2-3 against Aberdeen.

Aye 1971 all over again with Donald Ford hat trick!

10 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Aye 1971 all over again with Donald Ford hat trick!

If my memory serves me correctly Donald's hat trick came in the last 10 minutes of the game. Am I correct in thinking this?

10 hours ago, Libertarian said:

If my memory serves me correctly Donald's hat trick came in the last 10 minutes of the game. Am I correct in thinking this?

Rings a bell but not sure.

9 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

One less to worry about https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58800013

if I recall the last televised meeting between Hearts women and Glasgow city (at the end of last season), she was the one setting up a lot of moves from a deep position. 

Love she named the team after herself 🤣👌🏻

14 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Hearts lost 0-2 to Glasgow City. Honestly not a terrible scoreline given the gulf in experience between the teams.

Played well defensively i thought , very disciplined and were unlucky on the break a few times not to create more or get back in it. Until Chinchilla came on there wasnt much getting through our lines. Even after she did there was only one or two moments but all in all a good display , continuing to progress as a very young team and plenty positives for the future

Edited by sadj

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Played well defensively i thought , very disciplined and were unlucky on the break a few times not to create more or get back in it. Until Chinchilla came on there wasnt much getting through our lines. Even after she did there was only one or two moments but all in all a good display , continuing to progress as a very young team and plenty positives for the future

That’s good to know. Didn’t get the chance to actually see the game.

46 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Getting better all the time by the sound of it.  

Improving every game I see them

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts women - Hearts 0 Glasgow City 2 (title updated)

Forgive my ignorance but am I right in thinking Glasgow city are one of the better teams in women's Scottish football? Seems as if the hearts girls are improving and starting to close the gap a bit, with some more investment and development of young talent I'm sure they can be up there competing with the best in Scotland in the next 2/3 seasons.

Kalamazoo Jambo
25 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Forgive my ignorance but am I right in thinking Glasgow city are one of the better teams in women's Scottish football? Seems as if the hearts girls are improving and starting to close the gap a bit, with some more investment and development of young talent I'm sure they can be up there competing with the best in Scotland in the next 2/3 seasons.

Yes, Glasgow City have historically been the best team and have won the league for something like 14 years in a row, with Hibs being their main competition. Things are likely to change though, as Celtic and Rangers have now gone professional.

4 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Improving every game I see them

I think so too. Was watching the back line today and thought they were excellent. As I said above until Chinchilla came on I dont think they really looked like getting through us second half. Birse had a hard shift up top on her own but worked her arse off for the team and thats a good sign too. Would have been nice to get that shot on target at the end as I don’t think the keeper was saving it. 

53 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Indeed they are 14times champs in a row. Celtic and Rangers only came into it a couple years ago and are bankrolling their teams. City did well to win the title last year. 20games unbeaten too at the moment. Hibs and them have been the historically good womens team. Eva has a young squad but they are meshing well , she seems very good and im positive about the future. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Glasgow City would have hammered us 3 years or so ago. They probably did. This is really good progress from the team. 

Was impressed with the defending today. City got in a bit too much down our right hand side, certainly a couple of the players don’t look like athletes but rather keen hobby footballers, but generally the team did really well. They’re all so young, it’s admirable how well they’re doing 

2-0 defeat to Motherwell today.

if you can’t score goals you won’t win games, the opposition only have to score once and Hearts are beat, plenty of possession but never looked like scoring, more or less the same every week for the last two seasons 

The new coach seems unaware or is reluctant to change anything, even when we are 2 goals behind

At this point relegation looks a real possibility and I can’t see Eva being here long either 

Footballfirst

Hearts girls were playing in a 3 team round robin this morning on the astro at the Oriam, while I was watching the boys U16s v Man Utd and Dundee Utd on the adjacent grass pitch.

I don't know how the games went as I just caught the last couple of minutes of the final game, but I overheard someone say that Hearts were 2-0 up on Rangers.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts women - Motherwell 2 Hearts 0 (title updated)
5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

2-0 defeat to Motherwell today.

if you can’t score goals you won’t win games, the opposition only have to score once and Hearts are beat, plenty of possession but never looked like scoring, more or less the same every week for the last two seasons 

The new coach seems unaware or is reluctant to change anything, even when we are 2 goals behind

At this point relegation looks a real possibility and I can’t see Eva being here long either 

Difficult to see which players would improve the team. Looks like they’ve got four defenders in the whole squad and then a bunch of wingers and no striker 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts women - JKB player sponsorship renewed (title updated)
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Partick 2-3 Hearts

Late winner. Good win from 2-1 down.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts women - Partick 2 Hearts 3 (title updated)
Ford Prentice

Anyone know if there's a transfer window in women's football. Very young team and new coach probably would like to bring in a couple of experienced players if she could.

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hearts win

Hearts Women win

Scotland win

Not a bad 24hours

Exactly.  A brilliant Monday morning for me.  Got a busy day ahead but I'll sail through it.

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:
You can go to 7.31 to see the equaliser then the winner. 2 quality goals. 

Lovely take down out the air for the winner. 

Confidence boosting result that. 

Maroon Sailor

That was a cracking winner - to take it down like that was excellent and a great finish to top it off 👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2