Mica Richards

Tasavallan

Ubiquitous football pundit.  BBC / ITV / Sky  What does he bring except an annoying laugh. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PortyBeach

• I P Knightley

• Mr Elwood P

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Ubiquitous football pundit.  BBC / ITV / Sky  What does he bring except an annoying laugh. 

About 250 appearances in top flight football. Played to an international level, won the FA Cup and the English Premier League. Didnt he play in the Olympics too?

Brings **** all but an annoying laugh though.

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Sadly, it might have something to do with ticking a box on a “must have” list…

Well when he stops the party laugh business he actually has some good insight. And is also more aware of what it is to play in the modern era compared to most of the pundits. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well when he stops the party laugh business he actually has some good insight. And is also more aware of what it is to play in the modern era compared to most of the pundits. 

exactly, he has some good insight and is very fair. i much prefer MR as a pundit to others such as ian wright, danny murphy, alan shearer and one of the worst jermaine jenas

9 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Not a very subtle comment.   Very poor.

HeartOfWestLothian
21 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Moronic comment. 

I like Micah Richards and his analysis on the game plus his humour with his colleagues. 

I remember him as a player too and he was incredible when he broke onto the scene, would have been some player if not for injuries. 

He’s more than earned his right to be a pundit on Sky Sports given what he achieved as a player. 

25 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Bit harsh to accuse him of making up the numbers. If you can get over his laugh then he really is a good addition 

Just now, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Moronic comment. 

I like Micah Richards and his analysis on the game plus his humour with his colleagues. 

I remember him as a player too and he was incredible when he broke onto the scene, would have been some player if not for injuries. 

He’s more than earned his right to be a pundit on Sky Sports given what he achieved as a player. 

Never said anything about his abilities or otherwise as a player or a commentator.

My point was/is that “positive” discrimination in the name of diversity exists and that this just might be an example.

We may just have to disagree on that one, it seems.

heartmussel
37 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Absolutely agree,as it is everywhere on television now,from drama to game shows,but maybe for another time.Nice guy though.

PhoenixHearts
16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Never said anything about his abilities or otherwise as a player or a commentator.

My point was/is that “positive” discrimination in the name of diversity exists and that this just might be an example.

falafel-gifalafel-hazfalafel-icanhasfalafel-reaction-gif-reaction-פלאפלאנילקבליכולפלאפל.gif

PhoenixHearts
11 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Absolutely agree,as it is everywhere on television now,from drama to game shows,but maybe for another time.Nice guy though.

*not everyone on a TV show is white*

"Must be forced diversity".

21 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Really?

43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

exactly, he has some good insight and is very fair. i much prefer MR as a pundit to others such as ian wright, danny murphy, alan shearer and one of the worst jermaine jenas

I’ll raise you the biggest prxxk, the Lah that is Carragher 🤮

john thomas
44 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I like him. 

Me too , also think he has toned down the laughing . Maybe more comfortable in the job ?

4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I’ll raise you the biggest prxxk, the Lah that is Carragher 🤮

i dont have sky sports so dont have to suffer mr spits at other car drivers

Fxxx the SPFL

I like Richards breath of fresh air compared to some I’ll miss Jeff when he retires at the end of this season the lad that does midweek stuff is quite decent Julian I think but no doubt it will be a woman with a squeaky high pitched voice that gets the gig

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I like Richards breath of fresh air compared to some I’ll miss Jeff when he retires at the end of this season the lad that does midweek stuff is quite decent Julian I think but no doubt it will be a woman with a squeaky high pitched voice that gets the gig

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Ooft. 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hes a lovely big guy not a drab bore like most .

Currently listening to the Manc. derby on R5L and sums Peter Smeichel (sp) well.

He sounds like Arnie Swarz...I'm not even going to attempt it but you'll know who I mean. 😊

Easily one of the best pundits to listen to and above all HE’S ENTHUSIASTIC.

Footballs mean’t to be fun and he has this in abundance.

Cmon CITEE

Surely Ian Wright ticks the female box.

What a gammon comment 

41 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

reports are they want mark chapman to replace stelling

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

reports are they want mark chapman to replace stelling

Stealing him from BBC bit meh

BackOfTheNet

Richards is one of the best to have on a panel. Always enjoy it when I see him there. He’s not afraid to get under Keane’s skin too, which is never a bad thing for entertainment value. To be fair, a lot of English pundits are decent. While we have to settle for any ex old firm player looking for a wage to pay off the debts they built up blowing their earnings from their playing days.

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hes a lovely big guy not a drab bore like most .

Have to say i find him very likable a d at least he doesn't take himself too seriously. His insight is just fine as well. Head and shoulders above anyone we have up here.

The box ticking comments... Yawn...

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Richards is one of the best to have on a panel. Always enjoy it when I see him there. He’s not afraid to get under Keane’s skin too, which is never a bad thing for entertainment value. To be fair, a lot of English pundits are decent. While we have to settle for any ex old firm player looking for a wage to pay off the debts they built up blowing their earnings from their playing days.

I love how he waited until the end of Roy Keane's post mortem speech and then just bursts out laughing. :lol:

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Generally, agree, though all the Scottish pundits are not ex Old Firm.

Richards is very poor punditry wise.

Redknapp is by far the worse.

Decent pundits bring up things us mere mortals don't spot.

The above two clowns most certainly do not.

Thought Police
1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Jesus ****ing christ.

Dinosaur alert.

If I had the choice between Richards or dinosaurs like Shearer, Souness and Redknapp, I’d pick Micah Richards every time.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I would bin all pundits, I personally don't see the need for any of them.

Exactly. I either find something else to do whilst they prattle on or if watching a recording fast forward. They are at best an irrelevance and at worst a boring monotony.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i dont have sky sports so dont have to suffer mr spits at other car drivers

You’ve are blessed 😇 

heartmussel
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Jesus ****ing christ.

Dinosaur alert.

Dinosaur and proud 🇬🇧 

Tbh, I quite like him. Seems like a warm character. The guy must live in the gym now - better than many former players who let themselves go! 

I can see how his laugh can get annoying after a while though.

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Knuckle dragger alert 

Edited by Batistuta87