Jump to content

Brentford keeping home kit for next season


Maroon Sailor

Recommended Posts

Maroon Sailor

Home kit used to be every 2 years for a lot of clubs

 

Never been a fan of every season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably is a good thing from a sustainability perspective but not sure buying one new top a year is particularly awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Probably is a good thing from a sustainability perspective but not sure buying one new top a year is particularly awful.

Clubs should set up a scheme where you hand back your old top for recycling and get a discount on the new top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A token gesture for a club in a league that sold the soul of every club and shat on every fan from a great height a long time ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Juventus and Newcastle have been doing this for decades... Brentford are behind the times! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Clubs should set up a scheme where you hand back your old top for recycling and get a discount on the new top. 

 

This would be a really good thing imo.

 

 

32 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I mean, it isn't really saving fans money.... they could just choose not to buy the new strip?

 

Also this. Fans are actually one of the losers from this, along with I'd guess the club, sponsor and supplier commercially.

 

Good on them if it does reduce waste though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been into buying tops (my bairns get HMFC training tops only 'coz I'm tight as feck), but this may give some parents a break from more demanding offspring, especially if it catches on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Clubs should set up a scheme where you hand back your old top for recycling and get a discount on the new top. 

 

Surprised this isn't already popular. No idea how much an old shirt would be worth though in fairness

Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts

In an era of clubs bringing out 3/4 new kits every season, fair play to Brentford (token gesture or not) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

In an era of clubs bringing out 3/4 new kits every season, fair play to Brentford (token gesture or not) 

 

Yep it's gone from having a home kit and a away kit (which was only used for a clash) to having about 7 or 8 kits a season for some EPL clubs.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

I barely notice the difference in Celtic's home kit from one season to the next. There's not much you can do with hoops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will take away that pre season excitement of the unveiling of the new kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

not much you can do with hoops. 

 

 

:oohmatron:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

:oohmatron:

I knew as soon as I posted it that it looked an open goal. 🙈

Edited by Forever Hearts
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Never been into buying tops (my bairns get HMFC training tops only 'coz I'm tight as feck), but this may give some parents a break from more demanding offspring, especially if it catches on.


Think most kids want foreign strips just as much now so they’ll just get the latest Barca strip or whatever. 
 

I usually get my son the previous Hearts seasons kit as I’m too tight to pay full price for the latest one. 
 

Another thing that bothers me is “3rd kit” concept. How often have we worn our one and did we even need to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I barely notice the difference in Celtic's home kit from one season to the next. There's not much you can do with hoops. 


To be fair, not much you can do with all maroon either 🤔

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
Just now, Nookie Bear said:


To be fair, not much you can do with all maroon either 🤔

 

 

We've got more to work with than Celtic, no? We've had loads of decent home tops with different variations down the years. Celtic's just look the same with a tweak here and there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We've got more to work with than Celtic, no? We've had loads of decent home tops with different variations down the years. Celtic's just look the same with a tweak here and there. 

Their fans seem to not mind about the home top being samey every season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, benny said:

Their fans seem to not mind about the home top being samey every season.

They don't have any option. Obviously being Celtic supporters the hoops are iconic to them and they wouldn't want to change them. 

Edited by Forever Hearts
Link to post
Share on other sites
glynnlondon
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

Like giving disease ridden blankets to the Indians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Like giving disease ridden blankets to the Indians.

 

Well, with weejies you can never be sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

I remember Tam Cowan on Off The Ball a few years ago doing a bit about replica strips, and he mentioned the time that there was a problem with the replica Celtic strips.  Apparently they fell to bits when they were washed.  Tam Cowan quipped that there must still be thousand of the strips still intact 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I wish we would do the same. This season's home top is class.

Quite glad to see it go tbh 

 

Not a fan of this year's home top.

 

Each to their own though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I remember Tam Cowan on Off The Ball a few years ago doing a bit about replica strips, and he mentioned the time that there was a problem with the replica Celtic strips.  Apparently they fell to bits when they were washed.  Tam Cowan quipped that there must still be thousand of the strips still intact 🤣

😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...