Crime

lou

Is anyone watching? My youngest was an extra so we have paid the Britbox subscription, it is safe to say I am not a fan of Irving Welsh but 2 episodes.in and I am enjoying.

I thought the Hearts references may be a bit snidey but not at all, so far mentions of Ernie Winchester and Davie Bowman

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One of the most overrated writers if modern times. A tedious pretentious shit, masquerading as one of the people.

I disagree.

Although a hibs git some of his books are excellent.

The programme in question is decent if a little disturbing.

Some of his stuff is a bit samey but some of it insightful and hits some real notes .

He can be a dick but cant we all .

But he can also hit the nail squarely on the head .

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One of the most overrated writers if modern times. A tedious pretentious shit, masquerading as one of the people.

Agreed. He appeals to idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Agreed. He appeals to idiots. 

😂😂😂😂

He shoots he scores is that all it takes.

😂😂😂😂

Edited by Ked

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching it last night, really enjoyed it. Was surprised with the ending, but felt it fitted with the story, and he deserved it anyway.

Once I got used to dougray Scott's accent, I thought he was really good in the role. His home office though, he must have loved sitting there with pictures of hearts lifting the cup in 2012 on his wall.

A Boy Named Crow

Gave it a go tonight, didn't even make it to the end of episode 1. Awful writing, badly acted. Dougray Scott just isn't a good actor, he's been utter shite for decades now. Crow Road to Mission Impossible to this, he can overact anything!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

37 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Gave it a go tonight, didn't even make it to the end of episode 1. Awful writing, badly acted. Dougray Scott just isn't a good actor, he's been utter shite for decades now. Crow Road to Mission Impossible to this, he can overact anything!

Once I got into the programme, end of episode 2, I actually thought Scott was really good in the role.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, superjack said:

Once I got into the programme, end of episode 2, I actually thought Scott was really good in the role.

I don't think I'll ever know 

jack D and coke

Thought it was one of his poorest efforts. The exaggerated Edinburgh accents got on my tits. 
Like all daft hibbys Hearts live in this guys head rent free. 

On 23/11/2021 at 19:21, GinRummy said:

The accents are ridiculous. Dougray Scott in particular. 

Just speaks with his normal Fife accenntt 

broxburnjambo

I thought it was good, and the Hearts References were great, although it was clearly a huge dig at Hearts with the piece about Dens park.