Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

All of this rings a 🔔

it does indeed!   On a lighter note, at least Boris knows the score 

18132F63-2DCD-4FFE-8CA3-DFED7CF5FD95.jpeg

Edited by Deevers

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

it does indeed!   On a lighter note, at least Boris knows the score 

18132F63-2DCD-4FFE-8CA3-DFED7CF5FD95.jpeg

Ha, ha.

Saw that pic on HIGNFY last night. 

32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

So that now at least a couple of Americans in on trial. Just wait until Ross is told that they must be played no matter what.  Ron wants a conveyor  belt that will make him cash - nothing else. I suspect at least one of the so called superstars will be out the door for what ever readies they can drum up in January

Is this true? Hope so. I suppose we can’t judge as we were all blinkered with similar 15 years ago. We can laugh though. 

Genuinely the next step is players not being paid their wages.

The ‘rundown field in Ormiston 3’ Hanlon, Stevenson and Boyle - ‘’There is significant unrest in the dressing room’’

Ron then pillages what’s left of the club and ****s off never to be seen again. 

Glorious.

Hope they skip the bit about splitting the OF and Scottish cup mind you. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Is this true? Hope so. I suppose we can’t judge as we were all blinkered with similar 15 years ago. We can laugh though. 

Genuinely the next step is players not being paid their wages.

The ‘rundown field in Ormiston 3’ Hanlon, Stevenson and Boyle - ‘’There is significant unrest in the dressing room’’

Ron then pillages what’s left of the club and ****s off never to be seen again. 

Glorious.

Hope they skip the bit about splitting the OF and Scottish cup mind you. 

They had that chance v. St. Johnstone and blew it. 

Ron, it would appear, is in more of a hurry to get to the end game than Vlad ever was.

Feck me, I'm going to relish every single squirm, twist and turn as they hurtle toward their comeuppance.

millerjames398
5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think their banging coins into the meters on the back of the big tellies

😆😆😆 the old telebank👏🏼😆😆

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Le Chat said:

These numbers back up what I've said for a long, long time.

Hibs fans that I have interacted with over the years, either willingly or (usually) unwillingly, hate Hearts more than they like Hibs.  They just don't have the real unadulterated love of their club the way we do.

Hearts mean the world to us, the same just can't be said of the vermin.

This is true. They have a very different relationship with their club. Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, I've been able to observe The Hibee at close quarters over a very long period. We've messed with their heads so much over the years it's only natural that they are obsessed with us.

And the beauty of it is no generation of Hibs fan since the 70s has been spared They've all experienced extreme misery, with us inflicting a lot of it either directly in head to heads or indirectly by doing well when they're doing shite. We are Roadrunner just doing our thing and they are Wile E Coyote obsessed with stopping us and almost always failing in the most hilarious ways. Meep meep!

2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

😆😆😆 the old telebank👏🏼😆😆

I remember my dad got a key for the meter from some guy in the Anchor. Started emptying the meter every month before the guy came to empty it. "Just the 1 pound this week,mrs" the boy would say.

"Aye,the wee darlings spent more time reading books than watching the telly" my mum would say.  As we all sat on the setee with our books on our laps.

" bloody clever kids you've got Mrs,especially considering all their books are upside down"😀😀

millerjames398
19 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember my dad got a key for the meter from some guy in the Anchor. Started emptying the meter every month before the guy came to empty it. "Just the 1 pound this week,mrs" the boy would say.

"Aye,the wee darlings spent more time reading books than watching the telly" my mum would say.  As we all sat on the setee with our books on our laps.

" bloody clever kids you've got Mrs,especially considering all their books are upside down"😀😀

Quality mate, the duckin and diving our parents done when we were kids, would put the mafia to shame😆  i remember me and my mum sitting under the letterbox at the front door when i was a little kid, to hide from "jehovah's witnesses"(sheriffs officer) at the door😆

1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

Quality mate, the duckin and diving our parents done when we were kids, would put the mafia to shame😆  i remember me and my mum sitting under the letterbox at the front door when i was a little kid, to hide from "jehovah's witnesses"(sheriffs officer) at the door😆

Aye but we didn't have the poverty levels they have now. Last I heard kids nowadays have to go to school having just jamb and bread for breakfast! We called it toast and it was normal.

Remember hifing from the catalogue woman or some old bird collecting the "manage" money.

😀😘

millerjames398
52 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Aye but we didn't have the poverty levels they have now. Last I heard kids nowadays have to go to school having just jamb and bread for breakfast! We called it toast and it was normal.

Remember hifing from the catalogue woman or some old bird collecting the "manage" money.

😀😘

They've not got a clue mate, my mum always seemed to be robbing peter, to pay paul, back in the day, never even gave it a second thought, until you get older...crazy hazy days😆

It's nice when their £5M rated Scottish internationalist has scored less goals than our left sided defender in our back 3.

£5M:laugh:, not forgetting "wee Josh" at £2.5M whose specialty is getting out jumped at the back post to concede ever other week:whistling:. He is that good, Stevenson has replaced him in the team, albeit it seems ages since they played!

Hearts, Always Hearts......H1b5 the team that's always adding to our amusement. 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The comedy gold dust is working for you. 

Wise, musings.... Jury is out Tbh. 

Enjoy the game today, dunno if you are both going, if so- hope you both enjoy the game. 

😘

We certainly did - Best performance I’ve seen in years 🤷‍♂️

Had a Hibs fan telling me this morning that Dundee Utd would do us today as they were by far the best team he had seen at Easter Road so far this season!

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Had a Hibs fan telling me this morning that Dundee Utd would do us today as they were by far the best team he had seen at Easter Road so far this season!

They probably are seeing as how we've not been there yet 😊

Ex member of the SaS

Just a shame Motherwell v Sheep couldn't draw and put the Hobbits bottom six. Still they must be spewin looking up from 9 points back!

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

BOOM! 

B577B7E5-005E-4281-BCEB-9EA166D87E7E.jpeg

I know we will always have a bias against them but it is true what he says. I was surprised when Hibs finished 3rd last season to learn it was first third place since 2004/5 season and only their 4th third place (they have not come higher than that) since the 1975/76 season. Motherwell have a better record of finishing third of higher in that same time. 

Geddyalexneil
On 06/11/2021 at 14:17, ToqueJambo said:

This is true. They have a very different relationship with their club. Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, I've been able to observe The Hibee at close quarters over a very long period. We've messed with their heads so much over the years it's only natural that they are obsessed with us.

And the beauty of it is no generation of Hibs fan since the 70s has been spared They've all experienced extreme misery, with us inflicting a lot of it either directly in head to heads or indirectly by doing well when they're doing shite. We are Roadrunner just doing our thing and they are Wile E Coyote obsessed with stopping us and almost always failing in the most hilarious ways. Meep meep!

Firstly Kudos for the Roadrunner analogy, it deserves some love. 

Secondly thank you for the Roadrunner analogy as it has put a smile on my face whilst sitting waiting for bloods to be taken at my local surgery! Made my Monday morning a little brighter so cheers!

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It wiil do you no good loitering on that site. 😄

I bet Judas is popular over there. 🥸

About as popular as he was after the last supper😉

On 02/11/2021 at 14:39, Cruyff said:

Hibs should have points deducted. 

In the league cup teams were giving a 3-0 defeat. this should be applied to Hibs last two games 3-0 defeat and points awarded to Ross County and Livingston. 

On 06/11/2021 at 19:06, Lambo85 said:

It just proves how bad Hibs are or how good we really are then 😂

49 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It just proves how bad Hibs are or how good we really are then 😂

I payed golf on Saturday morning before the game and a hobo was  in the 4 ball , he said we are in a downwards spiral and DU would pump us 😂 typical tho of that mob I txt him after the game……… zero response 😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Well he did pick up the tab, having come into a bit of money

2 minutes ago, One five said:

I payed golf on Saturday morning before the game and a hobo was  in the 4 ball , he said we are in a downwards spiral and DU would pump us 😂 typical tho of that mob I txt him after the game……… zero response 😂😂😂😂😂

It's always the same with them keen to jump the gun and predict what will happen and always wrong but never hold their hands up and say they were wrong. I have worked with many them over the years they stick out like a sore thumb and a bit daft with their knowledge and football chat. 

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Well he did pick up the tab, having come into a bit of money

People said that Judas's carry out wasn't very good, or did I mishear that?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

In the league cup teams were giving a 3-0 defeat. this should be applied to Hibs last two games 3-0 defeat and points awarded to Ross County and Livingston. 

That’s what Malky Mackay was querying, as much of an arsehole that he is, he wondered why two competitions run by the same governing body had different rules. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s what Malky Mackay was querying, as much of an arsehole that he is, he wondered why two competitions run by the same governing body had different rules. 

As hilarious as it would be (because it’s them) I think the priority should rightly be to attempt to play matches whenever possible. The League Cup group schedule is so tight rearranging would be extremely unpractical. The league offers more opportunity to reschedule.

It was wrong to not play the final matches in 19/20 and it would be wrong to not play them now.

If a club has broken the rules (Hibs) then points should be deducted rather than directly awarded to a club who haven’t earned them.

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was more difficult to get cup games re-arranged due to time constraints of the competition. More dates available in the calendar to re-arrange league games. Let's be honest here it could easily happen to us or others clubs as it has happened to Hibs.

jambo-in-furness

Am I being a bit wicked thinking,  it would be very interesting if Hibs had another Covid outbreak before Christmas and the January shutdown?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

As hilarious as it would be (because it’s them) I think the priority should rightly be to attempt to play matches whenever possible. The League Cup group schedule is so tight rearranging would be extremely unpractical. The league offers more opportunity to reschedule.

It was wrong to not play the final matches in 19/20 and it would be wrong to not play them now.

If a club has broken the rules (Hibs) then points should be deducted rather than directly awarded to a club who haven’t earned them.

Fair enough, I think someone else said they shouldn’t be able to play players who were injured at the time of the original game which I agree with. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It was more difficult to get cup games re-arranged due to time constraints of the competition. More dates available in the calendar to re-arrange league games. Let's be honest here it could easily happen to us or others clubs as it has happened to Hibs.

Yeah fair enough about the cup, but it didn’t to us and it’s highly suspicious to be honest that they were ordered to play on the Wednesday and then everyone caught it apart from their two international players, with a semi final on the horizon. Or is that just me 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kind of demonstrating what an arsehole he is, really!  You can't exactly reschedule a cup tie for several weeks later, when there's a spare midweek, like you can a league game.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah fair enough about the cup, but it didn’t to us and it’s highly suspicious to be honest that they were ordered to play on the Wednesday and then everyone caught it apart from their two international players, with a semi final on the horizon. Or is that just me 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

There's definitely the possibility of some shenanigans there, but it's also entirely possible that some of them had contracted the virus but not had enough viral load build up in their systems to test positive on the Saturday, but had built up enough by the Monday or Tuesday. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There's definitely the possibility of some shenanigans there, but it's also entirely possible that some of them had contracted the virus but not had enough viral load build up in their systems to test positive on the Saturday, but had built up enough by the Monday or Tuesday. 

Quite possibly, I think they should be reprimanded for not getting the results of the tests before they got on the bus  though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's dodgy as ****. I'm sure other clubs are getting positive tests but are still able to fulfil fixtures. It's very strange these seem to be the only fixtures called off since those cup games in Scotland, and the only ones called off because of COVID in any league recently?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Kind of demonstrating what an arsehole he is, really!  You can't exactly reschedule a cup tie for several weeks later, when there's a spare midweek, like you can a league game.

Yeah he definitely is, I suppose when you squeeze a tournament into such a short space of time that’s going to be a problem at this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

His role is to "fast track youths into the first team within 6 months to a year". The fact they've just given new deals covering that timeline to Stevenson and Hanlon who must have a combined age of about 93 speaks volumes for the array of young talent that have stockpiled on the farmyard conveyer belt.

They must be waiting for our next batch of cast offs again.

Just now, FTH said:

His role is to "fast track youths into the first team within 6 months to a year". The fact they've just given new deals covering that timeline to Stevenson and Hanlon who must have a combined age of about 93 speaks volumes for the array of young talent that have stockpiled on the farmyard conveyer belt.

They must be waiting for our next batch of cast offs again.

I was more interested in the supporters of previous clubs views.

Hes not very well thought of in general and has a shit track record.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )