Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Hibs should be commended for putting player and fan safety first in their request to get their next 2 matches postponed. 

Clearly their attitude towards Covid has changed from January when they were happy to play Celtic who had 13 players missing. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Anderson5 said:

Hibs should be commended for putting player and fan safety first in their request to get their next 2 matches postponed. 

Clearly their attitude towards Covid has changed from January when they were happy to play Celtic who had 13 players missing. 

Who knows anymore what the rules are.

I'd guess it's most likely Hibs don't have a goalkeeper as I thought as long as 13 players were available games go ahead. 

44 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Their game at Livingston is off as well.

Two away games postponed which won't impact Hibs financially.

It will be interesting to see if any investigation finds them at fault for not following protocols properly. The postponements come at a good time for them. 4 defeats in a row and a few injured players now with time to recover.

Lucky sods… 4 defeats in a row up against 2 teams that have just came off good results as well 

Probably play them after the year when hibs are at full strength and other two teams on poor run 

If I were the other two teams I wouldn’t be happy 

Cormack and Gordon. 

Two guys who seem to be well represented on various JRGs, either personally or through their clubs. 

One of them restricts capacity so they don’t need to carry out covid checks, the other has a club that breaks covid rules and ends up with games postponed. 

Throw the book. 

It’s not really sporting integrity when other clubs have been forced to play games. As much as I hate hibs it was ridiculous to reschedule the game for Wednesday night when they were so badly hit. The SPFL are hopeless. We need to help each other out more at times. 

gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s not really sporting integrity when other clubs have been forced to play games. As much as I hate hibs it was ridiculous to reschedule the game for Wednesday night when they were so badly hit. The SPFL are hopeless. We need to help each other out more at times. 

Some are helped out, others are not. Tinpot.

55 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

And still lost 😂

5 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Only matter of days before Ron the Con announces the new multi-storey car park in Lochend I reckon.

Edinburgh City getting attendences of over 5k in the near future...

So what colour of seats would they have to dress as for watching City then?

jamboinglasgow

Something must have gone very wrong with Hibs adhering to protocols for Covid for the squad to be so decimated that they cant have 10 outfield players aged at least 18. I make it that they have 26 outfield players aged 18 or over, so at least 16 players out. If you take out the 5 injured, then thats 11 players ruled out from covid.

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Fester Road.  Just look at the attendances they report.

This is more about having a break from a bad run and getting injured players back.  Cheeturs!

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Screenshot_20211102-210147_Samsung Internet.jpg

In which case they should be forced to get an emergency keeper in like St Mirren had to when they played that mob last season.  

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

In which case they should be forced to get an emergency keeper in like St Mirren had to when they played that mob last season.  

They have friends in high places.

Every club in the league should take 11 first team players out of their squads.

That way Hibs get the “level playing field” they so desperately want.

its back to that consistency and fairness. just don't get the feeling all clubs are treated equally....both on the pitch as well as off.

4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

its back to that consistency and fairness. just don't get the feeling all clubs are treated equally....both on the pitch as well as off.

Too much behind the scenes discussions to influence how rules are interpreted. Certain clubs are well represented.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Too much behind the scenes discussions to influence how rules are interpreted. Certain clubs are well represented.

and the SPFL/SFA procedures are carefully structured to ensure that every incident is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, if there were hard and fast rules set out, then all clubs would have to abide (and be punished) by them equally.

And that would not do at all.

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

36 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

and the SPFL/SFA procedures are carefully structured to ensure that every incident is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, if there were hard and fast rules set out, then all clubs would have to abide (and be punished) by them equally.

And that would not do at all.

sadly this really does seem to be the case

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This is all very suspicious. 

They already exagerate their attendances. 

They are experts at exaggerating figures. 

As I stated on another thread - 

SFA/JRG Board Member - Rod Petrie

SPFL Board Member - Ron Gordon

...all bases covered me thinks!

FTH FTSPFL FTSFA

Noticing a change of tone on this thread. It's important to remember that they will always be in our shadow and whatever they do, it rarely affects Hearts.

Even when we were at our worst they couldn't touch us😎🇱🇻

I'm more concerned about the Dundee Utd, Motherwell and the Sheep these days. Hibs are just there for our amusement, nothing else.

They are one part of the least competitive derby in the world.

Thats all they have.

"Hi folks, just a wee update. Contributions for August, September and October are on their way to the club - a total of £55,909 donated by the first class Hibs support which takes total donations to the club over £500,000 since July 2019.

As the club's second largest shareholder and more importantly as a large group of supporters I think we can all agree we've taken our responsibility seriously and done our bit for Hibs over the last couple of years, hats off to every one of you.

Form on the pitch is poor at the moment but the ongoing backing from over around 4,000 ordinary Hibees continues to be first class."

🤣 🤣 🤣

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

My abacus isnae workin.  It took them 3 months to raise £50,000. How long does it take us to raise that?

Just over 10 days 😄

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just over 10 days 😄

10 days 😂😂😂😂❤❤❤.

You'd wonder why they even bother.

35 minutes ago, db211833 said:

"Hi folks, just a wee update. Contributions for August, September and October are on their way to the club - a total of £55,909 donated by the first class Hibs support which takes total donations to the club over £500,000 since July 2019.

As the club's second largest shareholder and more importantly as a large group of supporters I think we can all agree we've taken our responsibility seriously and done our bit for Hibs over the last couple of years, hats off to every one of you.

Form on the pitch is poor at the moment but the ongoing backing from over around 4,000 ordinary Hibees continues to be first class."

🤣 🤣 🤣

Is that less than a fiver per skull per month...?!

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, FTH said:

Is that less than a fiver per skull per month...?!

They need the rest for the tenner smack bags..

On 03/11/2021 at 13:33, August Landmesser said:

What a reddy

Bragging about taking in a pittance in comparison to  our  monthly intake

Laughable hobos if ever and

Though the Proclaimers are always hanging around to help them out in times of need 

Always in our shadow 

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, db211833 said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

Credit where it’s due. That’s excellent for a club of their size.

2 hours ago, db211833 said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

With my very quick mental arithmetic. I worked it out that the around 4,000 ordinary Hibees( are there any other kind?) are contributing £4.65 each.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick as my old mum used to say.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tight as a duck's arse these fudbuckets. 

Ha ha! Bunch of ne'er-do-wells, and we should remember that. 

Jambo_jim2001
On 02/11/2021 at 20:03, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Ron Gordon is putting his place on the SPFL board to good use.

Probably making them all sleep with his greatest pan pipes hits

15 hours ago, db211833 said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

These numbers back up what I've said for a long, long time.

Hibs fans that I have interacted with over the years, either willingly or (usually) unwillingly, hate Hearts more than they like Hibs.  They just don't have the real unadulterated love of their club the way we do.

Hearts mean the world to us, the same just can't be said of the vermin.

15 hours ago, db211833 said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

DP :arry:

Edited by Le Chat

15 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

They need the rest for the tenner smack bags..

I think their banging coins into the meters on the back of the big tellies

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

Hibs fans that I have interacted with over the years, either willingly or (usually) unwillingly, hate Hearts more than they like Hibs.  They just don't have the real unadulterated love of their club the way we do.

They would rather spend money on personalised number plates. Hundreds of them kicking about town. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They would rather spend money on personalised number plates. Hundreds of them kicking about town. 

😂😂😂😂

Funny, cos it's true. 

You've had some cracking posts lately, do you share an account? 😜

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂😂

Funny, cos it's true. 

You've had some cracking posts lately, do you share an account? 😜

Oh thanks 🖕🏻😁

Decided not to take it too seriously. Dip in, sprinkle some comedy gold dust or wise musings on the great issues of the day, then leave. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Oh thanks 🖕🏻😁

Decided not to take it too seriously. Dip in, sprinkle some comedy gold dust or wise musings on the great issues of the day, then leave. 

The comedy gold dust is working for you. 

Wise, musings.... Jury is out Tbh. 

Enjoy the game today, dunno if you are both going, if so- hope you both enjoy the game. 

😘

So that now at least a couple of Americans in on trial. Just wait until Ross is told that they must be played no matter what.  Ron wants a conveyor  belt that will make him cash - nothing else. I suspect at least one of the so called superstars will be out the door for what ever readies they can drum up in January

4 hours ago, Le Chat said:

👏

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

So that now at least a couple of Americans in on trial. Just wait until Ross is told that they must be played no matter what.  Ron wants a conveyor  belt that will make him cash - nothing else. I suspect at least one of the so called superstars will be out the door for what ever readies they can drum up in January

All of this rings a 🔔

Edited by martoon

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )