Jump to content

Gerrard to Newcastle?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why not? 


Just my opinion. I think they’ll struggle to win the Premiership the same

way PSG and City have struggled to win the Champions League. Just my thoughts on the matter. Newcastle could genuinely still get relegated which would set the project back even further. They don’t have a single ‘top 4’ player, an incredible amount of work to be undertaken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Maroon Sailor

    20

  • Smith's right boot

    20

  • Mr Elwood P

    16

  • SE16 3LN

    12

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Just my opinion. I think they’ll struggle to win the Premiership the same

way PSG and City have struggled to win the Champions League. Just my thoughts on the matter. Newcastle could genuinely still get relegated which would set the project back even further. They don’t have a single ‘top 4’ player, an incredible amount of work to be undertaken. 

If they're in genuine relegation trouble come January they have the money to buy top players to keep them safe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they're in genuine relegation trouble come January they have the money to buy top players to keep them safe. 


A massive assumption that the money will be spent correctly. Three of the biggest transfer fees in football history were paid by Barcelona for Dembele, Greizmann and Countinho. Look at the absolute state of them now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they're in genuine relegation trouble come January they have the money to buy top players to keep them safe. 

Some mercenaries might keep them up but the only way to build is to buy players who buy into the project. Company and Aguerro were those players for Man City, you need to find the strong leader and the world class goal scorer as a point to start from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

FS

 

Newcastle didn't sell anything to the devil !

 

Mike Ashley sold THEM to the devil

 

They seem to be pretty f.cking happy about it.......👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Just my opinion. I think they’ll struggle to win the Premiership the same

way PSG and City have struggled to win the Champions League. Just my thoughts on the matter. Newcastle could genuinely still get relegated which would set the project back even further. They don’t have a single ‘top 4’ player, an incredible amount of work to be undertaken. 

Keeping them in the EPL is priority.

 

The power of money will soon attract the players and coaches. Or should that be cockroaches

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 20:23, Tazio said:

Some mercenaries might keep them up but the only way to build is to buy players who buy into the project. Company and Aguerro were those players for Man City, you need to find the strong leader and the world class goal scorer as a point to start from. 

I just hope they are not eyeing up Craig Gordon and Boycie!  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the jambos could help in this situation ,go out and give them a doing today and the wheels will come off the sevco train,they have been lucky in some games this season scraping 1-0 results here and there if Hearts beat them today I think slippy will realise that with no money to spend he can’t take sevco any further 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victor Meldrew

Can we really see the guys in Riyadh surveying the managerial market and saying: "I know what, what we really need is the guy who had a  comparatively huge budget and won fewer trophies than St Johnstone"?

 

They'll get Conte. Proven track record and currently a free agent. On his current record, Gerrard would get an English Championship job.

Edited by Victor Meldrew
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Can we really see the guys in Riyadh surveying the managerial market and saying: "I know what, what we really need is the guy who had a  comparatively huge budget and won fewer trophies than St Johnstone"?

 

They'll get Conte. Proven track record and currently a free agent. On his current record, Gerrard would get an English Championship job.

 

With Newcastle sitting in a pretty dodgy position in the league, they may be looking for one of the usual suspects to come in until the end of the season to keep them up rather than going for a Conte or the likes.

 

Allardyce etc must be in contention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Can we really see the guys in Riyadh surveying the managerial market and saying: "I know what, what we really need is the guy who had a  comparatively huge budget and won fewer trophies than St Johnstone"?

 

They'll get Conte. Proven track record and currently a free agent. On his current record, Gerrard would get an English Championship job.

 

I think Conte has distanced himself from the job. He could well end up at Man U IMO.

 

I agree about Gerrard. It's a classic case of people somehow assuming he's a great manager because he was a top player. He's won one out of 9 available trophies during his time so far in Scotland and much as Rangers were impressive last season, Celtic were a shambles. Strangely enough, Callum Davidson is not being linked with the Newcastle job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

 

I think Conte has distanced himself from the job. He could well end up at Man U IMO.

 

I agree about Gerrard. It's a classic case of people somehow assuming he's a great manager because he was a top player. He's won one out of 9 available trophies during his time so far in Scotland and much as Rangers were impressive last season, Celtic were a shambles. Strangely enough, Callum Davidson is not being linked with the Newcastle job. 

 

Newcastle need a big name to attract players

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

With Newcastle sitting in a pretty dodgy position in the league, they may be looking for one of the usual suspects to come in until the end of the season to keep them up rather than going for a Conte or the likes.

 

Allardyce etc must be in contention.

Fat Sam has been there befire and hated by the fans.

Sentiments are right though, the best man probably.

Bruce would keep them imo, had no money this season, getting a few in in January will help.

Precarious position up to then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

Newcastle aren't getting a top manager in right away imo. 

 

They need a good one to get them away from relegation and one that is able to work with players a rung under the top ones. Couple of years to build a better team then they will go for a top gaffer. I think Gerrard is actually a good fit, big enough name to attract players and potential to be a top boss, certainly seems good enough to cope with a mid table epl team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new manager has to agree to work in the Championship. 

 

Unless they are happy with a stop gap.

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddie Howe could be a good shout. Did incredible with Bournemouth despite the obvious limitations of the club.

 

I don't think you'll immediately see a big name manager there. I think they need someone to begin the project, and the likes of Conte won't be keen to stake their reputations with a huge rebuilding job required. 

 

What Newcastle need are the best of the rest type players to get them on track, they're not going to immediately be in for huge names. They've also got a hell of a lot of dead wood to shift. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Eddie Howe could be a good shout. Did incredible with Bournemouth despite the obvious limitations of the club.

 

I don't think you'll immediately see a big name manager there. I think they need someone to begin the project, and the likes of Conte won't be keen to stake their reputations with a huge rebuilding job required. 

 

What Newcastle need are the best of the rest type players to get them on track, they're not going to immediately be in for huge names. They've also got a hell of a lot of dead wood to shift. 

 

Can't see Celtic letting him go tbh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:clyay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Eddie Howe reported to be in discussions with Newcastle

 

Strange, seeing as there is no news of Bruce being relieved of his duties

Link to post
Share on other sites

See that Wayne Rooney has said he’d be willing to help them out. As if they aren’t in big enough trouble already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

See that Wayne Rooney has said he’d be willing to help them out. As if they aren’t in big enough trouble already. 

 

There was an old saying to not believe everything you read in the papers but with so many media outlets now it really is a goldfish bowl as to see who can spout the most made up stories.

 

SKY can get the blame for that as well - they report on speculation as if it is a fact as their sources told them so. They think they are first with the news as well !

 

As we told you first here on SKY ....... tossers !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches

They'll probably give Allardyce the job of trying to keep them up.   That should bring the geordies back down to earth.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They'll probably give Allardyce the job of trying to keep them up.   That should bring the geordies back down to earth.  

 

Did a good job keeping West Brom up

 

Another legend in his own lunch time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddie Howe would be the wrong appointment for a side battling relegation. He can get teams playing football that is pretty on the eye but his teams cannot defend and have no backbone, that's why he was relegated with Bournemouth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Did a good job keeping West Brom up

 

Another legend in his own lunch time 

He'll probably get a few million for 6 months work.   Apart from.Bolton and keeping a couple of clubs up, what has he really achieved in the game? 

It would be funny to see the geordies if he does get the job as it would feel like another Ashley appointment.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Skivingatwork
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

There was an old saying to not believe everything you read in the papers but with so many media outlets now it really is a goldfish bowl as to see who can spout the most made up stories.

 

SKY can get the blame for that as well - they report on speculation as if it is a fact as their sources told them so. They think they are first with the news as well !

 

As we told you first here on SKY ....... tossers !


Reminds me of the days of Gerry McNee on Scotsport Extra Time and his exclusives. Basically just repeating verbatim the press releases he was given by Ibrox and Parkhead stooges.

 

Absolutely cringeworthy stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:


Reminds me of the days of Gerry McNee on Scotsport Extra Time and his exclusives. Basically just repeating verbatim the press releases he was given by Ibrox and Parkhead stooges.

 

Absolutely cringeworthy stuff.

 

I was actually thinking about him when I typed !

 

I can exclusively reveal !🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
17 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They'll probably give Allardyce the job of trying to keep them up.   That should bring the geordies back down to earth.  

 

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Did a good job keeping West Brom up

 

Another legend in his own lunch time 

As posted earlier, he had the gig there in the past and was hated by the fans.

I cannot see it.

 

Hearts analogy, Ann Budge has just fired Robbie Neilson, Eduard Malofeef takes over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

As posted earlier, he had the gig there in the past and was hated by the fans.

I cannot see it.

 

Hearts analogy, Ann Budge has just fired Robbie Neilson, Eduard Malofeef takes over. 

I forgot he had been there before.  That's the fans get out clause.  They be stupid taking a risk if going down appointing Howe or Gerrard.   It would be brilliantly funny if they had to spend a frustrating season in the championship with all that money...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

As posted earlier, he had the gig there in the past and was hated by the fans.

I cannot see it.

 

Hearts analogy, Ann Budge has just fired Robbie Neilson, Eduard Malofeef takes over. 

 

Visionary of the 3-4-3 system, tbf.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
CostaJambo
23 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

As posted earlier, he had the gig there in the past and was hated by the fans.

I cannot see it.

 

Hearts analogy, Ann Budge has just fired Robbie Neilson, Eduard Malofeef takes over. 

Also apparently Big Sam was delighted to get sacked by Newcastle as his missus hated living in the area. Heard or read recently (memory going - think it was on a podcast but not sure) directly from the lino who gave the dodgy decision that lead to the sacking - the next time he officiated at one of Allardyce's games he was expecting a roasting but Allardyce came over and gave him a big hug, explaining the above about his missus, and also said that his compo had paid for a new villa in Marbella which he had called " St. James' "!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
45 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Also apparently Big Sam was delighted to get sacked by Newcastle as his missus hated living in the area. Heard or read recently (memory going - think it was on a podcast but not sure) directly from the lino who gave the dodgy decision that lead to the sacking - the next time he officiated at one of Allardyce's games he was expecting a roasting but Allardyce came over and gave him a big hug, explaining the above about his missus, and also said that his compo had paid for a new villa in Marbella which he had called " St. James' "!!!

Your memory is better than you think

 

Sam Allardyce has named his sumptuous new Costa Blanca villa "Casa St James," because he bought it with his £4 million pay off from being sacked as Newcastle boss.

 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/bitter-big-sam-allardyce-should-3357372.amp

 

 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Your memory is better than you think

 

Sam Allardyce has named his sumptuous new Costa Blanca villa "Casa St James," because he bought it with his £4 million pay off from being sacked as Newcastle boss.

 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/bitter-big-sam-allardyce-should-3357372.amp

 

 

 

Best job in the world being a football manager who wins absolute nothing but who can answer the call in a crisis.

 

Clubs fall for these charlatans like Fat Sam all the time and inevitably have to pay him off with a hefty sum.

 

Edited by Maroon Sailor
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...