• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• upgotheheads

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• GinRummy

jamboinglasgow

Has shown a great ability of winning the ball all over the pitch but also using the ball well and moving it forward.

But I have also been impressed by both his motivational skills (plays with a smile on his face, always praising his team mates) but also his WUM skills, his ruffling of the Motherwell players hair after winning the penalty and the Motherwell player was raging.

Heart of Darkness

Love the guy! Always smiling, always first up celebrating with the scorer and having a laugh throughout all the game with teammates. 🥰

Very good so far. Committed as hell and looks to be loving it.  All the attributes we love as supporters. Early days but very excited by this guy. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Possibly a new Ian Black.

tenacious

Based on my initial observations, closer to (whisper it) Colin Cameron. Maybe not the same goal threat - but we’ll see.

I may regret this prediction :laugh:

Buzzbomb but  very confident on the ball and comfortable taking the ball of defenders in tight positions. Only 2 games into his Hearts career but already looking like a fans favourite. 

41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

his ruffling of the Motherwell players hair after winning the penalty and the Motherwell player was raging.

Just loved that.

If a opposition player done that to one of our players , tbf we would go apeshit.

Another great character in the team,we are a million miles away from Leveins beige dream.TF

Edited by Tott

I always ask myself ‘ would we miss him if injured or suspended’. (See. Colin Cameron) if the answer is yes or even Hell yes!

then I think ‘ we have a gid yin here’

Finlay James
4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Good anticipation, touch and attitude. 

His style makes him a guaranteed red card v the OF unless he’s very careful.

I reckon Robbie will have us training 10 v 11 in the lead up to the Rangers game.  Devlin, Beni or Moore are a stick to be a target for the ref.

Edited by Finlay James

fabienleclerq

I think he's class. Never stops working, wins headers he shouldn't, good positioning. He never really gives the ball away, picks the easy ball when it's on and comfortable holding it himself. 

Him and beni together won't lose many midfield battles. 

He’s a great addition. Seems to be everywhere, nicking the ball and linking up play. 

Just wish he’d have a shot on goal as he’s been presented with opportunities but opted to play in someone else. That shows he’s a team player I suppose!

Leveins Battalion

The boy is both a phenomenon and a breath of fresh air,he is 3 ft tall and is better in the air than Uche,he never stop talking and directing play all game yet he has been in the door 5 minutes,he reads the game faster then any midfielder around him,picking up 99% of second balls or loose passes.

And he is a little shite also.:pleasing:

As I've posted elsewhere, people I know here who watched him with the Wellington Phoenix have described him as phenomenal, independent of each other.  And these are mature people who don't eggagereate.

Because of that I'm not surprised he's doing so well and the couple ive spoken to since he came to us are delighted but not surprised.

Wouldn't be surprised if new rangers or Celtic put in a combined £1m bid for him, Beni and Souttar in January.

What a start he's had, can run all day, comfortable on the ball, energy and enthusiasm is mind blowing. He has the potential to become a real star, and I think he will do just that.

Very Good in the two games so far.  Loads of energy, good on ball and is the perfect foil for Beni.   I think he can possibly chip in with a few goals in time which would be awesome.  

upgotheheads
9 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Possibly a new Ian Black.

tenacious

9 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Based on my initial observations, closer to (whisper it) Colin Cameron. Maybe not the same goal threat - but we’ll see.

I may regret this prediction :laugh:

These are the two he puts me in mind of. Black but without the rush of blood syndrome and so-far more consistent; Cameron for work rate and involvement, but so-far without the goal threat, though he came close a couple of times on Saturday. 

Edited by upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

As I've posted elsewhere, people I know here who watched him with the Wellington Phoenix have described him as phenomenal, independent of each other.  And these are mature people who don't eggagereate.

Because of that I'm not surprised he's doing so well and the couple ive spoken to since he came to us are delighted but not surprised.

Wouldn't be surprised if new rangers or Celtic put in a combined £1m bid for him, Beni and Souttar in January.

these mature folk not got their teeth in? 🤣

Ian Black with Colin Cameron's engine is how i'd describe him. The fact he took the ball off Beni's toes in the inside right channel of the Motherwell box for the second penalty say's everything about how dynamic our new centre mid partnership is.

Absolute Scenes

if he plans to be with Hearts long-term, he's future captain for sure. Constantly talking, motivating, encouraging. We saw glimpses of his tenacity and "wee rascal" side when he rubbed Grimshaw's head after he gave away the penalty. When Hearts are winning, i would utterly hate to be playing against him. 

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember when he signed some experts on here didn't expect much because of the league he played in. 

I defended the league down under and said he would be good. All it took was a bit of research and watching Australian football.

Just thought I'd mention that again. 

Cammy will be a great player for us.

exactly. My Hibs mate watches the A-League every week and was gutted we signed him. Says he's one of the best players in the league there, a cut above the others

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The boy is both a phenomenon and a breath of fresh air,he is 3 ft tall and is better in the air than Uche,he never stop talking and directing play all game yet he has been in the door 5 minutes,he reads the game faster then any midfielder around him,picking up 99% of second balls or loose passes.

He is a wee shite. Our wee shite. Not had a wee shite in the team since Naismith.

Turning into a pretty good team. I think 2 top quality additions in January and the league will be shitting bricks to come to Tynecastle.

I thought Devlin was one of the best players on the pitch on Saturday,

if he keeps on playing like this he will be a fan favorite in no time

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He is a wee shite. Our wee shite. Not had a wee shite in the team since Naismith.

Turning into a pretty good team. I think 2 top quality additions in January and the league will be shitting bricks to come to Tynecastle.

Naismith that retired last season, that Naismith? ;) 

I like Devlin. Him and Beni have to be that starting midfield pair for me every game unless one is suspended or injured. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

I like Devlin. Him and Beni have to be that starting midfield pair for me every game unless one is suspended or injured. 

100%

Haring is a good option on the bench along with Aaron. but either of these guys should only be starting if Beni or Cammy are out. 

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aggression of Black, drive of Cameron and shitehousery of Naismith.  What a package 👍

Spot on and beautifully put gashauskis! I will use this description but of course give you credit!

VagabondJambo
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Describes him perfectly!

Can’t wait to see him ruffle Morelos’ hair and grin in his face . . . and get the desired response!

As mentioned elsewhere, his chasing, snapping, and tackling style (Beni’s also) will probably make him a target for the Ibrox ref (magnified by the “I’ve been crippled” divers of Sevco, plus the baying crowd).  So he and Beni just need to keep the heid.

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ruffling of the Motherwell players hair after winning the penalty and the Motherwell player was raging.

I actually burst out laughing at this, and then remembered he was already on a booking :lol: 

57 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember when he signed some experts on here didn't expect much because of the league he played in. 

I defended the league down under and said he would be good. All it took was a bit of research and watching Australian football.

Just thought I'd mention that again. 

Cammy will be a great player for us.

In other words, get it right roond the lot of ye! :lol: 

15 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Indeed. Naismith was the quintessential "wee shite". Never stopped talking or winding up the opposition. Devlin seems to be the same.  

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

but so-far without the goal threat

Winning a penalty (assuming it's scored!) is as good as scoring a goal in my opinion.

Next week will be the test, will need to rein it in a wee bit, but looks like the player most know we needed as plays game on front foot, early days still, but magic start.