Soundproof wall

Anyone got any experience or advice with regards soundproofing an adjoining living room wall, which is directly to the next door neighbours living room?

Anyone used a company before etc?

Bless they are a bit older and deaf, they moved their tv to other side of their room when I had a chat about it to them and things have been fine, recently though it’s creeping up again and there is only so much they can do I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Serial killer.

Ha - shame i actually like them. 
Still needs must 😉

1 minute ago, Matty said:

Ha - shame i actually like them. 
Still needs must 😉

:D

29 minutes ago, Matty said:

Anyone got any experience or advice with regards soundproofing an adjoining living room wall, which is directly to the next door neighbours living room?

Bless they are a bit older and deaf, they moved their tv to other side of their room when I had a chat about it to them and things have been fine, recently though it’s creeping up again and there is only so much they can do I suppose. 

If you dont mind bringing your wall in slightly you get acoustic plaster board. Not saying it would completely block out but I used it after removing windows to form an extension. Result is my bedroom is beside original lounge and I never hear the TV. It tends not to be blaring mind you!

5 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

If you dont mind bringing your wall in slightly you get acoustic plaster board. Not saying it would completely block out but I used it after removing windows to form an extension. Result is my bedroom is beside original lounge and I never hear the TV. It tends not to be blaring mind you!

Cheers - I expect to lose a bit of space to accommodate it. 

They don’t blare either to be fair it’s a crap mixture of me having particularly sensitive hearing, older house and them being a tad deaf lol. 

I had my living room wall soundproofed. Lost about 2 inches in room width but was well worth it.

I used Rosewood Acoustics.

Nucky Thompson
43 minutes ago, Matty said:

My sister had an auld fellow in the house above her that she used to help out with messages and things.

She had to phone him to ask him to turn his telly down, when he answered he said 'hold on until I turn the telly down, I can't hear you'

I thought it was funny but doesn't solve your soundproofing dilemma 

Jamstomorrow
13 hours ago, Matty said:

Would 2 sets of wireless headphones for the neighbours be the less expensive option?  ;)

10 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Which side of the wall is having the noisier sex?

Amazingly mine - like genuinely amazingly 

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Would 2 sets of wireless headphones for the neighbours be the less expensive option?  ;)

I got myself a set to be fair