Jump to content

Mceneff and Walkers future ?


Recommended Posts

Robbies Tackle
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

McKay put in some good balls when he came on. I think we need to stop thinking of the likes of GMS and Ginnelly as wingers though - more inside forwards I think in the John Colquhoun mould when he played in a 3? Could be wrong though.

 

GMS is.  Gino isn't.  His game is based on playing the lines.   

 

As for the OP.  Walker seems finished tbh.  The way we set up on Sunday would have suited him fantastically and he can't get a look in at all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 160598

    10

  • ToqueJambo

    8

  • BackOfTheNet

    7

  • Bongo 1874

    6

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

McKay put in some good balls when he came on. I think we need to stop thinking of the likes of GMS and Ginnelly as wingers though - more inside forwards I think in the John Colquhoun mould when he played in a 3? Could be wrong though.


I don’t think of GMS as a winger. Ginnelly is more than capable of whipping in a fantastic cross though. I just feel he doesn’t do it often enough (might be as we have so few in the box to aim at) but I would love to see Gnanduillet get on the end of a few of his crosses, they just are rarely on the pitch together - and when they were Ginnelly assisted a Gnanduillet goal funnily enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:


I don’t think of GMS as a winger. Ginnelly is more than capable of whipping in a fantastic cross though. I just feel he doesn’t do it often enough (might be as we have so few in the box to aim at) but I would love to see Gnanduillet get on the end of a few of his crosses, they just are rarely on the pitch together - and when they were Ginnelly assisted a Gnanduillet goal funnily enough.

 

I like Gnando. Hope to see more of him. Honestly thought Gino might get us a last second winner when he cut in at the end on Sunday as he's done that before and scored a couple of screamers. Sclaffed it though. 

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Walkers time is up, even in the championship he never really looked convincing, floating in and out of games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbies Tackle
58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

I like Gnando. Hope to see more of him. Honestly thought Gino might get us a last second winner when he cut in at the end on Sunday as he's done that before and scored a couple of screamers. Sclaffed it though. 

 

I like him too.  But is he worth sacrificing the shape that we look at our best with?

 

He was good in Dundee, winning the game, changed the shape went two up top to play a bit longer when Utd came onto us.  Two up top isn't as effective if we are looking for a goal though.

 

Gino helped keep the shape on Sunday.  Saying that I would have kept GMS on and it was shite both our subs and killed the game.  I don't believe we settled for a point either though, if anything Robbie got greedy keeping it the same thinking thresh legs would help, when it clearly didn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbies Tackle
13 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I think Walkers time is up, even in the championship he never really looked convincing, floating in and out of games.

 

The worry I would have for Jamie is if he drops a division the guys not going to have any motivation at all.  I really hope he gets a Livi in January.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Both have a future at Hearts, currently apart from Gordon, Beni everyone else is under threat, competition for places and squad depth is good, use it to you're advantage Bob 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Both have a future at Hearts, currently apart from Gordon, Beni everyone else is under threat, competition for places and squad depth is good, use it to you're advantage Bob 👍

 

What about Souttar, Halkett and Smtih?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stendelnator
50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

What about Souttar, Halkett and Smtih?

And Cochrane who hasn’t missed a minute since he joined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More so Walker but probably both are not seen to be contributing enough defensively in our system. I do not think we should have taken Walker back although it was understandable at the time. Had high hopes for McEneff as I thought we needed a midfielder breaking forward from midfield getting on the end of things (Colin Cameron style). I do not think he has had a good enough run in the side and that would seem even less likely now. I feel we try to mould some players instead of getting the best out of them. That is modern coaching in general though. We are still too static in midfield IMO but maybe things are going to change with our new signings. We are doing OK though and I am encouraged for the first time in many years that we are building a squad instead of firefighting, and good clubs have strong squads. Some will not be content with their game time understandably and will maybe have to move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Both have a future at Hearts, currently apart from Gordon, Beni everyone else is under threat, competition for places and squad depth is good, use it to you're advantage Bob 👍

What absolute rubbish ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Both have a future at Hearts, currently apart from Gordon, Beni everyone else is under threat, competition for places and squad depth is good, use it to you're advantage Bob 👍

 

:rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

I believe with Beni now in the side winning the ball back and quickly playing short passes McEneff could still come good. He could be be given the correct pass and start to drive towards the box, something we hoped to see from him when he first arrived.

Walker just isn't the same player he once was and just doesn't look like he has the motivation to get back to anywhere near that level again. Best for him would be to find a club at a lower level where he could play regularly because he is too inconsistent for Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

What about Souttar, Halkett and Smtih?

 

11 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

And Cochrane who hasn’t missed a minute since he joined. 

 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What absolute rubbish ! 

 

2 hours ago, Beni said:

 

:rofl:

It seems the point i was trying to make confused quite a few, let me explain. 

 

Since the season has started two players have been outstanding, and you couldn't possibly think about taking them out the team. 

 

Both Gordon and Baningime have been our most consistent performer's this season. 

 

Souttar the last three games has been average, at the start of the season outstanding definitely showed why clubs are interested in him. 

 

Halkett was our best defender on Sunday, but he has had a few moments as has Souttar. 

 

Everyone else's position is up for grabs in my eyes, due to our squad depth which is quite amazing really, when you think back to previous seasons some of the shite we have had in the squad. 

 

My evidence to back this up, both Walker and Mceneff didn't even make the bench on Sunday, now we know they aren't bad players and would get into most teams starting 11s in our league. 

 

Hope this explains what i was trying to say 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

 

It seems the point i was trying to make confused quite a few, let me explain. 

 

Since the season has started two players have been outstanding, and you couldn't possibly think about taking them out the team. 

 

Both Gordon and Baningime have been our most consistent performer's this season. 

 

Souttar the last three games has been average, at the start of the season outstanding definitely showed why clubs are interested in him. 

 

Halkett was our best defender on Sunday, but he has had a few moments as has Souttar. 

 

Everyone else's position is up for grabs in my eyes, due to our squad depth which is quite amazing really, when you think back to previous seasons some of the shite we have had in the squad. 

 

My evidence to back this up, both Walker and Mceneff didn't even make the bench on Sunday, now we know they aren't bad players and would get into most teams starting 11s in our league. 

 

Hope this explains what i was trying to say 👍

 

I wasn't confused.

You haven't got the faintest idea who has or hasn't got a future at the club, but you tried to make out that you did.

Give your opinion, as you did in the above post, but pretending you've some inside track on Robbie's innermost thoughts is just funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beni said:

 

I wasn't confused.

You haven't got the faintest idea who has or hasn't got a future at the club, but you tried to make out that you did.

Give your opinion, as you did in the above post, but pretending you've some inside track on Robbie's innermost thoughts is just funny.

What when Robbie has publicly came out and said both still have a future at Hearts. 

 

Okay Beni. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What when Robbie has publicly came out and said both still have a future at Hearts. 

 

Okay Beni. 

 

Unless he's as daft as Terry Butcher or Daniel Stendel he's not going to come out and publicly undermine his players by saying they have no future at the club.

 

Okay Bongo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beni said:

 

Unless he's as daft as Terry Butcher or Daniel Stendel he's not going to come out and publicly undermine his players by saying they have no future at the club.

 

Okay Bongo.

Didn't have a problem doing that with Damour, or Holt, or Robinson etc. 

 

Okay Beni. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few weeks ago we barely had enough players to fill a bench. Walker and McEneff missed out on the bench on Sunday for the first time (barring illness or injury) because we had a full squad to choose from, no suspension, no Covid, only Cammy Logan coming back from injury.  They are both down the pecking order for now but a couple of impressive appearances from the bench and they will be right back in the mix.

 

Haring was out of favour for a very long spell last season and is now a regular starter. It’s a long season. 11 games longer than last year and we have a smallish squad, some on loan who might not even be here next year. I doubt if anyone in the squads future at the club is in doubt at this stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Is Jamie even hungry to play football?

 

Just never looks interested. 

He does sometimes but aye there are times when he’s a passenger. He done well enough when he came off the bench against ICT. Think that was his last appearance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

I think Walkers time is up, even in the championship he never really looked convincing, floating in and out of games.

He will be on loan to Brechin City soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He does sometimes but aye there are times when he’s a passenger. He done well enough when he came off the bench against ICT. Think that was his last appearance.

 

About his level to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

 

It seems the point i was trying to make confused quite a few, let me explain. 

 

Since the season has started two players have been outstanding, and you couldn't possibly think about taking them out the team. 

 

Both Gordon and Baningime have been our most consistent performer's this season. 

 

Souttar the last three games has been average, at the start of the season outstanding definitely showed why clubs are interested in him. 

 

Halkett was our best defender on Sunday, but he has had a few moments as has Souttar. 

 

Everyone else's position is up for grabs in my eyes, due to our squad depth which is quite amazing really, when you think back to previous seasons some of the shite we have had in the squad. 

 

My evidence to back this up, both Walker and Mceneff didn't even make the bench on Sunday, now we know they aren't bad players and would get into most teams starting 11s in our league. 

 

Hope this explains what i was trying to say 👍

 

I tend to disagree with you on the highlighted part as we don't really have many defensive options currently at RWB and CB other than playing players out of their natural positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

 

It seems the point i was trying to make confused quite a few, let me explain. 

 

Since the season has started two players have been outstanding, and you couldn't possibly think about taking them out the team. 

 

Both Gordon and Baningime have been our most consistent performer's this season. 

 

Souttar the last three games has been average, at the start of the season outstanding definitely showed why clubs are interested in him. 

 

Halkett was our best defender on Sunday, but he has had a few moments as has Souttar. 

 

Everyone else's position is up for grabs in my eyes, due to our squad depth which is quite amazing really, when you think back to previous seasons some of the shite we have had in the squad. 

 

My evidence to back this up, both Walker and Mceneff didn't even make the bench on Sunday, now we know they aren't bad players and would get into most teams starting 11s in our league. 

 

Hope this explains what i was trying to say 👍

That's fair enough ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

I tend to disagree with you on the highlighted part as we don't really have many defensive options currently at RWB and CB other than playing players out of their natural positions.

Moore can come in for Souttar or any the back three , Haring can play there too. 

 

Moore can play right wing back Logan when he's back from injury. 

 

Plenty options. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Moore can come in for Souttar or any the back three , Haring can play there too. 

 

Moore can play right wing back Logan when he's back from injury. 

 

Plenty options. 

 

I did say currently.

 

Taylor Moore looked less than convincing at RWB although I know the lad is just in the door. 

 

Haring looks decent in beside Beni so why move him?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Both have a future at Hearts, currently apart from Gordon, Beni everyone else is under threat, competition for places and squad depth is good, use it to you're advantage Bob 👍

I agree bongo haven’t read whole thread but see you have been getting a pounding. You would think we had a team of superstars👀 these 2 guys are more than capable of getting into the side and staying there. Haring GMS Smithy ginelly are certainly not defo starters in my eyes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I agree bongo haven’t read whole thread but see you have been getting a pounding. You would think we had a team of superstars👀 these 2 guys are more than capable of getting into the side and staying there. Haring GMS Smithy ginelly are certainly not defo starters in my eyes 

 

It's seems they are in the Manager's eyes though. 😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

I reckon Walker has had his day, shouldn't have gone to Wigan. As for Mceneff, I'd like to see more of him, don't think he's had a fair crack at the whip

 

 

Should probably have stayed there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2021 at 11:47, Robbies Tackle said:

 

GMS is.  Gino isn't.  His game is based on playing the lines.   

 

As for the OP.  Walker seems finished tbh.  The way we set up on Sunday would have suited him fantastically and he can't get a look in at all.  

 

Gino has scored a few for us cutting in which is what an inside forward does. 

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's face it if it wasn't McEneff and Walker we're talking about because they're not stripped for a game it would be two other players. Someone's always going to miss out. That it's two players of a decent quality reflects the strength of our squad now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...