Jump to content

Berra


Recommended Posts

Jambo92
3 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

At half time last night, a bloke in Section S upper came down the steps and started shouting Dogs abuse at Berra.

Berra looked shocked by it. As did the Sky staff standing on the TV platform.

It lasted a good couple of mins, then he went back to his seat.

Then at the start of the 2nd half the said "Gentleman" was lead down from his seat an escorted out of the Stadium.

 

That's really poor, guy gave many years of service to the club doesn't deserve that - he hardly slowed down and made mistakes on purpose.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thomaso

    12

  • Pasquale for King

    6

  • Chaps

    5

  • jonesy

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

 

That's really poor, guy gave many years of service to the club doesn't deserve that - he hardly slowed down and made mistakes on purpose.  


yep unnecessary 

Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

 

That's really poor, guy gave many years of service to the club doesn't deserve that - he hardly slowed down and made mistakes on purpose.  

 

Aye.

 

Awful way to treat a lad like Berra.

 

Gave 100%, even when he wasn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a few comments about him not being invited to the league trophy  presentation, it was odd he wasn’t invited.

 

also that he apparently pushed for his raith move to be announced, has to be a reason.

 

im fairly certain however he isn’t involved with the club in any respect anymore. Think he was offered to continue in a coaching role, somewhere maybe with the academy but rejected it as he wants to focus on his playing career with Raith.

 

always two sides to every story I suppose 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Seeing a few comments about him not being invited to the league trophy  presentation, it was odd he wasn’t invited.

 

also that he apparently pushed for his raith move to be announced, has to be a reason.

 

im fairly certain however he isn’t involved with the club in any respect anymore. Think he was offered to continue in a coaching role, somewhere maybe with the academy but rejected it as he wants to focus on his playing career with Raith.

 

always two sides to every story I suppose 


Things were not great between him and Robbie with how he left. Robbie was pissed off that he announced he was off to Raith before the season had finished. Felt he should’ve waited.

 

Berra had been told his contract was up so free to speak to other clubs. Felt Robbie completely disrespected him by basically telling him to do one after Raith move was announced.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Beave1874
5 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

At half time last night, a bloke in Section S upper came down the steps and started shouting Dogs abuse at Berra.

Berra looked shocked by it. As did the Sky staff standing on the TV platform.

It lasted a good couple of mins, then he went back to his seat.

Then at the start of the 2nd half the said "Gentleman" was lead down from his seat an escorted out of the Stadium.

If true then that's effin ridiculous, fan an absolute ahole. Berra a unit and would've been sweet if he fronted him up proper. 

 

Berra, despite what folk think, did his best for the club he supports. The injury he got then RUSHED back from finished his career with us. Boy deserves respect.

 

Halliday's tackle was a booking and the offside goal I thought was on. Was watching on Hearts TV so only going on by whats been posted on here and Berra just called it as it was. 

 

Had Hearts to win and Halliday to be booked at 11/1... So ref is a dick also 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

If true then that's effin ridiculous, fan an absolute ahole. Berra a unit and would've been sweet if he fronted him up proper. 

 

Berra, despite what folk think, did his best for the club he supports. The injury he got then RUSHED back from finished his career with us. Boy deserves respect.

 

Halliday's tackle was a booking and the offside goal I thought was on. Was watching on Hearts TV so only going on by whats been posted on here and Berra just called it as it was. 

 

Had Hearts to win and Halliday to be booked at 11/1... So ref is a dick also 😂

 

Everyone, even dotnuts, had pinned their bets on a Halliday yellow.

 

Me too. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:


Things were not great between him and Robbie with how he left. Robbie was pissed off that he announced he was off to Raith before the season had finished. Felt he should’ve waited.

 

Berra had been told his contract was up so free to speak to other clubs. Felt Robbie completely disrespected him by basically telling him to do one after Raith move was announced.

 

 


The info we have is that breakdown in relations happened in the dressing room after QoS it was nothing to do with anything public. Berra went on a rant against the manager in the dressing room after those 2 humiliating defeats, he played 90 minutes of both. He, Irving, and White were all promptly launched from the squad never to be seen again and Hearts were imperious afterwards. 
 

And folk are saying “oh what a bad way to treat a loyal servant” :lol: you cannot as a player ever go on a tirade against the manager in the dressing room. Unfortunately Berra had 2 fall outs in a row with 2 separate managers. And by some accounts is not on good terms with Levein either. It tells you a lot about his end to his career. I think he probably should have just retired after his injury. Don’t think he has to date accepted how badly it damaged him. 

 

Its not going to go well for him at Raith either I don’t expect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
7 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

If true then that's effin ridiculous, fan an absolute ahole. Berra a unit and would've been sweet if he fronted him up proper. 

 

Berra, despite what folk think, did his best for the club he supports. The injury he got then RUSHED back from finished his career with us. Boy deserves respect.

 

Halliday's tackle was a booking and the offside goal I thought was on. Was watching on Hearts TV so only going on by whats been posted on here and Berra just called it as it was. 

 

Had Hearts to win and Halliday to be booked at 11/1... So ref is a dick also 😂

Halliday tackle should have seen him get a yellow. As for the disallowed goal - it was a very marginal decision for the linesman to make. I’ve seen us on the wrong end of plenty of  these decisions against the Old Firm  that have gone against us, so I’ll take it.

 

The guy that gave Berra the abuse deserved what he got. I would be surprised to see his season ticket rescinded. Really stupid and totally uncalled for behaviour towards a player who gave his all for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

If true then that's effin ridiculous, fan an absolute ahole. Berra a unit and would've been sweet if he fronted him up proper. 

 

Berra, despite what folk think, did his best for the club he supports. The injury he got then RUSHED back from finished his career with us. Boy deserves respect.

 

Halliday's tackle was a booking and the offside goal I thought was on. Was watching on Hearts TV so only going on by whats been posted on here and Berra just called it as it was. 

 

Had Hearts to win and Halliday to be booked at 11/1... So ref is a dick also 😂

 

How do you know he was rushed back?

I don't know if he was or wasn't, but he would hardly be the first player to lose a crucial yard of pace after an injury. If he'd spent another 6 months rehabbing it might have made no difference.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
15 hours ago, been here before said:

Thought he acted a bit of a dick with the whole Stendal thing but doesnt seem an awful lot wrong with what he was saying last night.

 

OP slavering shite, who'd have thunk that.

 

Cue a rapier like reposte...

 

Only thing he said wrong was saying it should have been a red for Halliday. It should have been a yellow - and probably would have been if it was any other player than McGregor. He just seems to get up instead of rolling about in agony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:


The info we have is that breakdown in relations happened in the dressing room after QoS it was nothing to do with anything public. Berra went on a rant against the manager in the dressing room after those 2 humiliating defeats, he played 90 minutes of both. He, Irving, and White were all promptly launched from the squad never to be seen again and Hearts were imperious afterwards. 
 

And folk are saying “oh what a bad way to treat a loyal servant” :lol: you cannot as a player ever go on a tirade against the manager in the dressing room. Unfortunately Berra had 2 fall outs in a row with 2 separate managers. And by some accounts is not on good terms with Levein either. It tells you a lot about his end to his career. I think he probably should have just retired after his injury. Don’t think he has to date accepted how badly it damaged him. 

 

Its not going to go well for him at Raith either I don’t expect.

 

 

There should be more dressing room bust ups if it means getting rid of players surplus to requirements.

 

Berra will have to stop dragging that bus tyre around with him if he's going to do anything with Raith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
21 hours ago, john thomas said:

Berra's pace was never his greatest asset ?

You clearly know nothing about him .

Back to OP . Just another thread with faux outrage . Bitter nonsense from so many .

Depressing stuff

 

Exactly right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

 

There should be more dressing room bust ups if it means getting rid of players surplus to requirements.

 

Berra will have to stop dragging that bus tyre around with him if he's going to do anything with Raith.

 

If that 'bus tyre' has anything to do with a serious injury sustained whilst playing for Hearts, we of all people should show him more respect.

 

He was a tower of strength at the beginning of his second spell with us, a never-ending range of clearing headers and last-gasp tackles / interceptions, and 100% effort.

 

Doesn't seem to have ended well at Hearts, but it is sad to see Hearts fans having a go at him.

 

I think he's got plenty to offer Raith and wish him well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It should have been a yellow - and probably would have been if it was any other player than McGregor. He just seems to get up instead of rolling about in agony.

 

Yep, credit to McGregor - not only did he get straight up, he was laughing. The majority of players would have been flat out clutching some excruciating imaginary injury or squaring up angrily. That, plus the absence of 3,500 screaming away fans, probably saved Halliday from a card of some description.

 

Berra's entitled to his opinion on that and the offside (personally don't think VAR could have overturned the onfield decision) - but the bit that jumped out at me was him saying Souttar could 'get away from Hearts'. So poorly worded. There were lots of ways to express JS's prospects more ambiguously - "he could go on to play at the top level for club and country", something like that. And who knows, he might feel he wants to show a greater degree of loyalty to the club that stood by him through all that rehab (similar to Levein's serious injury in his playing career). Assuming he stays fit, of course. 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was spot on when he said Halliday could and possibly should have been sent off...........100%

 

I really don't care if some don't like that because he is being honest in his opinion and those who dispute it are viewing matters through maroon and white tinted glasses.

 

He gave us his all in his spells at the club earning us a large fee when he left the first time and putting his body on the line in his second spell. Perhaps he never truly recovered from that but he can hardly be blamed for managers selecting him week after week. Until the injury he was playing well for us.

 

He was there on Saturday to offer opinion and he did

 

Of course we will have all the nonsense near the end of his spell when Stendel (the failure) took over...maybe he could see what others ignored and he wanted to keep playing hence going out on loan to try and avoid this bad egg nonsense if he had hung around

 

I thank him for his service and wish him well

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
43 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

 

If that 'bus tyre' has anything to do with a serious injury sustained whilst playing for Hearts, we of all people should show him more respect.

 

He was a tower of strength at the beginning of his second spell with us, a never-ending range of clearing headers and last-gasp tackles / interceptions, and 100% effort.

 

Doesn't seem to have ended well at Hearts, but it is sad to see Hearts fans having a go at him.

 

I think he's got plenty to offer Raith and wish him well.

Well said 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
On 31/07/2021 at 22:32, Section N Rules said:

He's just eyeing a job up as a pundit after he retires. No one would be interested in him if he was blowing smoke up our arses. 

I dunno. Why do they invite an ex-Hearts player and an ex-Celtic player on then? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
13 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

If true then that's effin ridiculous, fan an absolute ahole. Berra a unit and would've been sweet if he fronted him up proper. 

 

Berra, despite what folk think, did his best for the club he supports. The injury he got then RUSHED back from finished his career with us. Boy deserves respect.

 

Halliday's tackle was a booking and the offside goal I thought was on. Was watching on Hearts TV so only going on by whats been posted on here and Berra just called it as it was. 

 

Had Hearts to win and Halliday to be booked at 11/1... So ref is a dick also 😂

I had GMS anytime 2-1 35/1 £2.50 on 

 

Nice wee £90 win to start the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Craig Gordon
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I dunno. Why do they invite an ex-Hearts player and an ex-Celtic player on then? 

They have to at least look impartial I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

 

If that 'bus tyre' has anything to do with a serious injury sustained whilst playing for Hearts, we of all people should show him more respect.

 

He was a tower of strength at the beginning of his second spell with us, a never-ending range of clearing headers and last-gasp tackles / interceptions, and 100% effort.

 

Doesn't seem to have ended well at Hearts, but it is sad to see Hearts fans having a go at him.

 

I think he's got plenty to offer Raith and wish him well.

 

Not disputing his services to Hearts but the fact of the matter is he is now dragging a bus tyre behind him. 

 

Kevin Keegan knew he was at 33 and retired.

 

Happens to the best of them

Link to post
Share on other sites
barcajambo

Berra is bitter as the club weren’t too happy with his “long time coming” comments after the Brora game and was also told to stay away from Tynecastle on trophy day.  As poor as he has been the last couple of seasons, I think that was pretty poor from the club considering his service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

I did see someone getting lauched out of that section. I thought it was an interloper as I'm sure he was wearing some kind of green.

 

Poor stuff. Seen Levein before the game and it took some strength to bite my tongue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

Did he have an opinion on this? 
Is he just trying to fill the Pressley/Stewart role on tv now and stick it to us whenever possible?

D5ECB372-F5C6-4F54-87B3-D74162B8EF01.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did he have an opinion on this? 
Is he just trying to fill the Pressley/Stewart role on tv now and stick it to us whenever possible?

D5ECB372-F5C6-4F54-87B3-D74162B8EF01.jpeg

Jesus that's a shocker

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Jesus that's a shocker

I didn’t see a replay at the time but it looked bad at first. We didn’t even get a free kick. Iain Mac shared it yesterday. Soro learnt well from Brown it seems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t see a replay at the time but it looked bad at first. We didn’t even get a free kick. Iain Mac shared it yesterday. Soro learnt well from Brown it seems. 

I was at the game and was perplexed why we didn't get a free kick. Didn't realise it was a studs up challenge though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I was at the game and was perplexed why we didn't get a free kick. Didn't realise it was a studs up challenge though!

Madden as usual let a lot go, the ref was the same yesterday in the Hibs game. Maybe they’ve taken a leaf out of the refs at the Euros? Or just awful as usual?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
3 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

They have to at least look impartial I suppose.

The "responsibility" of showing impartiality is on the BBC not the pundits. Petrov is an interesting choice as although he is a Celtic legend he is actually pretty balanced, unlike the likes of Davie Provan or Andy Walker (who was on co-commentary duty indidentally). To me Berra certainly didn't have much postive to say about Hearts, but then I'd have struggled to defend that tackle on McGregor too... The comment about Gordon's second save maybe sounded a bit "meh" but I think that is perhaps just the way Berra speaks - it was a pretty simple save for Gordon, the block 30 seconds earlier was the 9m player save...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
On 01/08/2021 at 11:31, Jamboelite said:

Why do people feel the need to have a pop at former players and managers?

 

Berra was a great player for us and injury hampered him 2nd time round.

 

He said nothing controversial.

 

 

Yip. 

 

We have some complete tickets In our support. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t see a replay at the time but it looked bad at first. We didn’t even get a free kick. Iain Mac shared it yesterday. Soro learnt well from Brown it seems. 

 

Soro cried after 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Soro cried after 

The tackle, match or both. 👋

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The tackle, match or both. 👋

 

Match - his heart was broken 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Match - his heart was broken 

Good. 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Soro cried after 

Twice 🤔😜?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did he have an opinion on this? 
Is he just trying to fill the Pressley/Stewart role on tv now and stick it to us whenever possible?

D5ECB372-F5C6-4F54-87B3-D74162B8EF01.jpeg


If Halliday get cited for his tackle then we need to flag this one up with the beaks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


If Halliday get cited for his tackle then we need to flag this one up with the beaks!

Definitely 

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Was infront of me this morning getting petrol at the Sainsburys garage in Longstone.

 

Used one of those daft free plastic gloves when filling up.

 

Went away down in my estimation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...