EOSFL U20

Tasavallan

It is going to be 6 conference with 14 teams in each this season: 3 Conferences A/B/C covering EOSFL clubs and 3 Conferences D/E/F covering WOSFL clubs. 

If my arithmetic is correct that is 42 league games each week + cup games.  That is a lot of referees.

Good point about the referees.  2 clubs will be worried sick that 2 or 3 new, competent, unbiased ones might emerge.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Good point about the referees.  2 clubs will be worried sick that 2 or 3 new, competent, unbiased ones might emerge.

I am assuming U20 games will be spread over the week to take into account senior games.  There are 59 teams in the EOSFL's 4 Senior leagues (18 + 15+15 +11).

Edited by Tasavallan

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

It is going to be 6 conference with 14 teams in each this season: 3 Conferences A/B/C covering EOSFL clubs and 3 Conferences D/E/F covering WOSFL clubs. 

If my arithmetic is correct that is 42 league games each week + cup games.  That is a lot of referees.

The U-20 Conference A looks to be something of an elite league with U-20 teams from 5 SPFL clubs (Alloa,  East Fife, Edinburgh City, Kelty and Stirling Albion) and the rest generally from Lowland League clubs. One curiosity is the inclusion in conference A of Bonnyton Thistle from Kilmarnock whose senior side recently transferred from the South League to the WOSFL.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Footballfirst
11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The U-20 Conference A looks to be something of an elite league with U-20 teams from 5 SPFL clubs (Alloa,  East Fife, Edinburgh City, Kelty and Stirling Albion) and the rest generally from Lowland League clubs. One curiosity is the inclusion in conference A of Bonnyton Thistle from Kilmarnock whose senior side recently transferred from the South League to the WOSFL.

You could add East Kilbride and Caledonian Braves to Bonnyton as being more naturally West clubs.

It does look as if they have decided to put the SPFL sides along with the more established clubs that have run U20 sides for a few seasons.

I suspect that there will be some mismatches in each of the conferences given the number of teams involved.  If you consider that each team will have a squad of say 18 U20s, then you are looking at over 1,500 players. There will inevitably be a wide range of abilities in a group of that size.

14 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I am assuming U20 games will be spread over the week to take into account senior games.  There are 59 teams in the EOSFL's 4 Senior leagues (18 + 15+15 +11).

U20 games are scheduled for Friday nights so almost never clash with Senior sides, or any other age groups I'd guess. The U20 players are also available to the Senior side though playing on a Fri evening makes this tricky. I've seen Blackburn use a few U20s on the bench if they have played a Fri night game.