Vinyl to CD

JWL

Got an old vinyl recording from around 1964/5 of those records that you made in a booth. Just wondering if there is anywhere in Edinburgh that can convert it to CD or MP3. I know that the guy in Roseburn does video to dvd but not sure about this.

frankblack

There are some online shops that pop up if you do a google search but that would involve sending off the vinyl.

If you want the thing converted get it done to at the very least FLAC not MP3.  You can always convert FLAC to MP3 if you need to later.

22 minutes ago, JWL said:

Got an old vinyl recording from around 1964/5 of those records that you made in a booth. Just wondering if there is anywhere in Edinburgh that can convert it to CD or MP3. I know that the guy in Roseburn does video to dvd but not sure about this.

If your in Kirkcaldy, as your title says.

https://www.ghsmedia.co.uk/product/vinyl/

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, JWL said:

There was a thread on here before about it I think...the search not bringing anything up. Little bit of googling though brings up one or two options...

http://www.vinyltodigital.co.uk/audio/vinyl-cd-mp3/

https://www.mediasos.co.uk/lp-to-mp3

Jambo-Jimbo

I converted all my vinyl & tapes into MP3 files, must be about 15 years ago now, at least.

Used to have a programme for the computer and just connected my turntable & cassette deck to the computer and did it all myself.

I think there are several programmes available online for download, which will do the job, all you need is a turntable and connecting cables.

frankblack
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I converted all my vinyl & tapes into MP3 files, must be about 15 years ago now, at least.

Used to have a programme for the computer and just connected my turntable & cassette deck to the computer and did it all myself.

I think there are several programmes available online for download, which will do the job, all you need is a turntable and connecting cables.

Surely you would want better quality than MP3?

I do have a number of tapes as I collected them in the 80s before I got a hi-fi with CD player and switched.  However, I wonder if you can actually get any quality from cassette?

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Surely you would want better quality than MP3?

I do have a number of tapes as I collected them in the 80s before I got a hi-fi with CD player and switched.  However, I wonder if you can actually get any quality from cassette?

MP3 is fine for my needs.

The cassette was put through various filters on the deck and on the programme to clean them up, what I did was re-record them several times, each time was cleaner than the last, until I got them the best I could, still a wee bit of hiss, but nothing like before.

I can't remember what the programme was called, something like Rodeo, Rodox something like that, it is a good 15-20 years ago now.

dobmisterdobster

You're better off using the line out from your record player to record to your pc.

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Could this be any use to you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Bluetooth-Speakers-Turntable-Cassette-Black/dp/B01L1FSP2C

£65 and one of the features is listed as: 

USB/SD Encoding - Converts vinyl to USB flash drive/SD card directly in MP3 format. No PC or laptop required

It's just one record I want converting so just paying the bare minimum. Cheers anyway.