SILENCE.

David Black

Bazzas right boot
Just now, sadj said:

I dont think its OF our players collectively should be around 4th in the prem but are severely underperforming. Add them playing at the level they could and should , attacking teams and playing with the intensity of a team with a grudge against opponents and it would have been doable imo

Not sure the current collection of players is a 4th place team in the top flight Tbh. 

We won it with a bit to spare. 

Whether we won it by 15, 12 or 9 points I don't really care Tbh, it won't have a influence on next season, promotion had to be completed 1st time and although dismissed as a pub league by many of brains trust we've done what hibs, rangers, utd and  Dundee recently never managed, to come back up first time. 

It's a start. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• jambo89

• Bazzas right boot

• David Black

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually thought the whole process would bring fans and the club closer together.Now seem further apart than ever

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I actually thought the whole process would bring fans and the club closer together.Now seem further apart than ever

Agreed. 

The injustice and anger of us being demoted should have brought us closer together. 

Look at it now, the people who run our club and the fans have no connection whatsoever. 

Sad to see and totally unnecessary. 

5 hours ago, David Black said:

Well according to soonbe100 I do have the right, however I tend to agree with you on this.

You can’t vote but you can still give Stuart your views as a former pledger. 

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You can’t vote but you can still give Stuart your views as a former pledger. 

With pretty similar effect.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure the current collection of players is a 4th place team in the top flight Tbh. 

We won it with a bit to spare. 

Whether we won it by 15, 12 or 9 points I don't really care Tbh, it won't have a influence on next season, promotion had to be completed 1st time and although dismissed as a pub league by many of brains trust we've done what hibs, rangers, utd and  Dundee recently never managed, to come back up first time. 

It's a start. 

and repeat.......

I just wonder with the amount of silence, that their actually might be something going on in the boardroom?  I'm really hoping that changes are coming as i'm honestly struggling to get up for it next season with the current status quo.

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I just wonder with the amount of silence, that their actually might be something going on in the boardroom?  I'm really hoping that changes are coming as i'm honestly struggling to get up for it next season with the current status quo.

You're an optimist.  I admire that.  

11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

It’s quite sad when I see it written down, even though it’s been hovering in the background 😕

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

This effect is down to Ann Budge digging her heels in.

Only c.10 days to go for the silence to break when Neilson leaves (or we are told he is staying on).

My money would be on leaving.

Nookie Bear

No congratulations on our Championship. 
No vote of confidence. 
No bullish statement talking about the upcoming summer and new season in the SPL. 

Is there a weaker leader in the Scottish game than Budge? 

Has she given up trying since having her ass handed to her on a plate last summer?

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No vote of confidence. 
No bullish statement talking about the upcoming summer and new season in the SPL. 

Has she given up trying since having her ass handed to her on a plate last summer?

It would all be hypocritical to do so just to remove Neilson just after 30 April.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

No vote of confidence. 

If she makes any sort of statement or gives an interview at this stage she would have to express confidence in Bob.

I'm clinging to the hope that this silence is a good thing. 🤞

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

It would all be hypocritical to do so just to remove Neilson just after 30 April.

Its all about “doing the right thing” with her, isn’t it. 

Make a decision, Ann. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, fancy a brew said:

If she makes any sort of statement or gives an interview at this stage she would have to express confidence in Bob.

Yes, my fingers are crossed too 🤞 

6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

She is also at this moment in time, in a dammed if she does, dammed if she doesn't scenario, by the same folk on occassion, which ever way she decided to go.

I'm hoping the silence is a good thing too.

Silence till say Monday 2nd May would be a good thing, announcement Monday 26th April, not so.

Edited by DETTY29

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

She is also at this moment in time, in a dammed if she does, dammed if she doesn't, by the same folk, which ever way she decided to go.

I'm hoping the silence is a good thing too.

Silence say Monday 2nd May would be a good thing, announcement Monday 26th, not so.

Proper leaders front up and back their man or move them on. 

Weak. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Weak. 

What is the point at this stage of the season with two games to go?

Really?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Weak. 

Again, she never picked her words carefully enough when she decided Robbie would get 3 years by hook or by crook.   

Good at putting herself in a corner. 

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What is the point at this stage of the season with two games to go?

Really?

I find it curious she hasn’t publicly thanked him for winning us promotion 🤷‍♂️

As stated earlier in this thread I emailed FOH with my concerns for next season and asked it they would consider polling members on their current feelings and to ascertain their intentions going forward regarding season tickets and FOH contributions, below is the reply I received today 

Hi Louise

Thanks for the message, please have my assurance that the club is well aware of the range of thoughts on this one. I feel sure there is no need for a poll of any type, we would be telling the club what they already know.

Having the heard the plans I am looking forward to what will happen this summer, hopefully you will share in that news soon.  

Then we just need everyone back at Tynie!

Take care meantime

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, lou said:

As stated earlier in this thread I emailed FOH with my concerns for next season and asked it they would consider polling members on their current feelings and to ascertain their intentions going forward regarding season tickets and FOH contributions, below is the reply I received today 

Hi Louise

Thanks for the message, please have my assurance that the club is well aware of the range of thoughts on this one. I feel sure there is no need for a poll of any type, we would be telling the club what they already know.

Having the heard the plans I am looking forward to what will happen this summer, hopefully you will share in that news soon.  

Take care meantime

So it's a secret. Great.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So it's a secret. Great.

Yes, it would appear to be  and we will no doubt find out when season tickets go on sale

5 minutes ago, lou said:

Hi Louise

Take care meantime

What a tease

David Black

With the club PR being the disaster it is, surely someone has the intelligence to release these exiting plans before the season tickets go on sail. That would be the sensible thing to do. 

portobellojambo1
On 22/04/2021 at 00:18, gregzy2k7 said:

I wouldn't discount this train of thought just yet, but this is only opinion and not fact. There is one more game to play and I'm not discounting the fact that things may yet change behind the scenes. Robbie was brought in with one remit, to lead the team back to the top division. That has been achieved, but at times it was far from pleasing to watch.I suspect that in terms of the manager it could still be the case that following the final game on Friday a change in manager could subsequently be announced. Anne Budge's individual shareholding, which would make her the single highest individual shareholder, behind the shareolding which will pass to the supporters in the guise of FOH, means she will be offered a position on the new football board. She doesn't have to take that up but may do so as she is still due repayment of subsequent loans she has made to the club, including interest on a part of the overall total of around £3 million. If we continue to receive additional funds from individual investors and they decide that part of their investment should be used to clear off what is due to AB she may be more inclined to remove herself from any association with the club.

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

With the club PR being the disaster it is, surely someone has the intelligence to release these exiting plans before the season tickets go on sail. That would be the sensible thing to do. 

Maybe these plans are not what we want to hear hence the silence. 

Announcing Neilson will still be at the helm next season will hardly have season tickets flying out the window. 😏 

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Announcing Neilson will still be at the helm next season will hardly have season tickets flying out the window. 😏 

Season tickets will be tied in as the only way to get into Tynie to see the team (in a rota system until capacity allows).

People won't have the option of walk ups instead.

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I think our first big signing is will be announced very soon after they are out on sale if he is staying.  

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I’ll not be parting with another penny while Neilson is in charge.

3 hours ago, lou said:

Hi Louise

Take care meantime

That’s a poor response. According to some on here it’s a vocal minority that want Neilson out. A poll of FOH pledgers would have evidenced how strong the feeling was one way or the other, then the club would know for fact.

As for the rest, we’ll, I’ve been excited by the plans every summer for the last seven years, until those plans are shown to be a pile of shite.

If Neilson is in charge when everyone is back in Tynie it will be a poisonous place. Not something to look forward to at all.

On 22/04/2021 at 06:30, Jambof3tornado said:

This effect is down to Ann Budge digging her heels in.

Ann doesn't Budge.

Psychedelicropcircle
5 hours ago, lou said:

Hi Louise

Take care meantime

The long & short of the story is..sorry Lou we only do as we are asked from AB as to do differently would jeopardise our seats at the big table...until AB asks for a poll it’s off the table.

thanks for your loyalty & keep the trough filled 👍