Them - Amazon Prime Series

chuck berrys hairline

chuck berrys hairline

Wow! That's all i can say. Turned this on last night and couldn't switch off. Probably the best and most hard hitting series I've ever watched. Very distressing viewing at times. But an insight into the struggles of the 50s. About a black family that moves into white Compton and get run out with overt racism. I didnt realise the lynchings where still that bad at that moment in time and makes me wonder what my grandfolks views where on this, or did people just turn a blind eye. Hoping our resident emigrated policeman might have some stories on this too. I can't get the song 'old black joe' out my head this morning. 

There's some talk that it's a bit of a knockoff of Us by Jordan Peele. I mean, even the title similarity is there!

But yeah, considering Us was set in the present day, and so doesn't allow for the old “ah but things were different back then” excuse, it might be worth checking out as well if you get a chance.

That said, totally understandable if just seeing Them was enough. This stuff is traumatic and difficult viewing.