Jump to content

Hearts, Hibs, Meadowbank


Maroon Sailor

Recommended Posts

Maroon Sailor

Players that have made first team appearances for all 3.

 

Ralph Callachan

Darren Jackson

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
35 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Willie Irvine? 

 

Can't remember him playing for Hearts

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115

I’m sure he made a appearance for us. Scored a few for that mob down the road. Maybe someone can confirm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles

Willie Irvine definitely played for Hearts, just a couple of games from memory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I’m sure he made a appearance for us. Scored a few for that mob down the road. Maybe someone can confirm.

 

19 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Willie Irvine definitely played for Hearts, just a couple of games from memory.

 

Are we talking this Willie Irvine ?

 

1739502496_s-l400(3).jpg.6930447b42c1e5d40e05263a986fec3a.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Did he not have the boozer in Rose Street called Blythe Spirit?

He certainly did.  👍

 

Almost opposite the Gordon Arms, I seem to recall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115
On 18/03/2021 at 07:57, The_razors_edge said:

I remember Ludek Straceny being absolutely murder in his 2 brief appearances. Which is a surprise as he had a decent career back home in the Czech Republic. I’m sure there’s been worse than him, over a more prolonged period, but he always sticks in my mind for some reason. 

 

32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Can't remember him playing for Hearts

 

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

 

Are we talking this Willie Irvine ?

 

1739502496_s-l400(3).jpg.6930447b42c1e5d40e05263a986fec3a.jpg

That is the one. Ran like a pigeon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Willie Irvine played in a couple of friendlies in the summer of ‘86.

 

Didn't know that- couldn't remember him even being at Hearts

 

 

Edited by Maroon Sailor
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Didn't know that- couldn't remember him even being at Hearts

 

 


I’m pretty sure it was a tournament on the Isle of Man and the only game I saw him was coming on as a sub v Watford in a preseason friendly at Tynie.

 

And unless I’m mistaken.....I went to that game thinking we’d signed John Brown from Dundee and he might play...but the deal had fallen through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:


I’m pretty sure it was a tournament on the Isle of Man and the only game I saw him was coming on as a sub v Watford in a preseason friendly at Tynie.

 

And unless I’m mistaken.....I went to that game thinking we’d signed John Brown from Dundee and he might play...but the deal had fallen through.

 

I definitely remember him warming up at the school end as a sub and it was sunny so would have been the Watford game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He certainly did.  👍

 

Almost opposite the Gordon Arms, I seem to recall.

It was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgieheart
31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Did he not have the boozer in Rose Street called Blythe Spirit?

Good boozer... !

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It was.

Thanks, Ron.

 

I think it became an Irish theme bar sometime after that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Thomson Allan ??

 

 

He's another one

 

Just checked Wiki - 2 matches for Meadowbank

Link to post
Share on other sites
wentworth jambo
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

He's another one

 

Just checked Wiki - 2 matches for Meadowbank

I knew Meadowbank on him, wasn't 100% on Hibs though

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, wentworth jambo said:

I knew Meadowbank on him, wasn't 100% on Hibs though

 

I only knew of him for Hibs when he signed for Hearts !

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks, Ron.

 

I think it became an Irish theme bar sometime after that?


It was Filthy McNastys in the 90’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:


It was Filthy McNastys in the 90’s.

That’s the one!

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Players that have made first team appearances for all 3.

 

Ralph Callachan

Darren Jackson

Almost Donald Park

 

He was caretaker manager at Hibs

Link to post
Share on other sites
inspector
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Did he not have the boozer in Rose Street called Blythe Spirit?

Booked him for delivering😁 short measure many years ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
true-jambo
1 hour ago, inspector said:

Booked him for delivering😁 short measure many years ago

Was your Dad a bank manager?

Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Did he not have the boozer in Rose Street called Blythe Spirit?

Also had the pub Misfits just a few premises further up the street

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:


I’m pretty sure it was a tournament on the Isle of Man and the only game I saw him was coming on as a sub v Watford in a preseason friendly at Tynie.

 

And unless I’m mistaken.....I went to that game thinking we’d signed John Brown from Dundee and he might play...but the deal had fallen through.

He played and scored v Bohemians in the Isle of man tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He played and scored v Bohemians in the Isle of man tournament.


caused a pitch invasion 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Willie Irvine doesn't make the cut anyway - didn't play for Meadowbank

 

3 so far then

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee

Bannon played for Hearts, Hibs and Spartans. Not the same but still on theme I reckon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bannon played for Hearts, Hibs and Spartans. Not the same but still on theme I reckon.

 

Unfortunately played one game for Hibs - a real stain on his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Unfortunately played one game for Hibs - a real stain on his career.

I can forgive him, I really liked him as a player. I was too young to remember him first time round but a quality operator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I can forgive him, I really liked him as a player. I was too young to remember him first time round but a quality operator.

 

Had to sell him to Chelsea. Desperate for cash

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister T
6 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

 

 

That is the one. Ran like a pigeon.

😂 Forgot about that. His team mates used to kick the ball at his head in the hope it would deflect for a goal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Players that have made first team appearances for all 3.

 

Ralph Callachan

Darren Jackson

Although technically the same club as Meadowbank, Jackson also played for Livingston. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
inspector
13 hours ago, true-jambo said:

Was your Dad a bank manager?

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Unfortunately played one game for Hibs - a real stain on his career.

And funnily it was against us 😁.

 

We won 1-0 and im pretty certain it was Bannon who was “eased” out the road just before we put the ball in the net for the winner. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Can't remember him playing for Hearts

Sadly, I can

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab

I remember a Neil Irvine who played for Hearts and Meadowbank. Don't think he played for Hibs though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts007
21 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Did he not have the boozer in Rose Street called Blythe Spirit?

Had one in Ratho as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
jbee647
22 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Willie Irvine definitely played for Hearts, just a couple of games from memory.

Played against Bohemians of Dublin and scored in the IOM tournament in 1986, and against Watford at Tynecastle a week later, wasn’t offered a deal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...