Anyone on here understand stoning a bus?

Big Slim Stylee

Big Slim Stylee

...I’ve been stoned on one, yes. But I seriously cannot get why anyone would set out to physically do that. Its beyond me. 🙁

Ashamed to say, I one fired a firework through a bus window when I was a very ferrel 14 Yr old arsehole. 

:vrface:what a ****in moron.

Was probably off my face on as well. 

:vrface:

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ashamed to say, I one fired a firework through a bus window when I was a very ferrel 14 Yr old arsehole. 

Its “feral”. But well done anyway?🙁

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Nah he looked like this at 14:

DA9ECEB9-0B32-4543-A198-F7ACD601F089.jpeg

Yeah but he was funnier at 14 probably.

It’s a certain ‘breed’ and a certain ‘type’ that would do this.

Sadly, these sorts are becoming more prevalent in our times.

The term used to be ‘scumbags’.

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed mate. Whatever happened to “don’t shit on your own?” Proud old ****er comment there 😀

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

Neds will be neds

I narrowly avoid a half niddrie that came through the train window near Mount Florida after a Scotland game.  

13 hours ago, jb102 said:

Stink bombs were my thing. Emptied many an omnibus.Apologies. 

Let a few of them off coming down the bus stairs when getting off the bus 40 years ago 

N Lincs Jambo

Thought this would be a discussion about excessive air conditioning on buses coming back from away games 😂

AlphonseCapone
21 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is that true though Morgan? 

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Sounds like a wee bit of the ol' juvenoia slipping through, to me. :biggrin2:

ArcticJambo
5 hours ago, Candy said:

Neds will be neds

I narrowly avoid a half niddrie that came through the train window near Mount Florida after a Scotland game.  

Coming back in the train from the first league game at Celtic Park in 2019/20 some Celtic/Hibs ***** point blank chucked a brick at our (son & I) window as it was just leaving Linlithgow. Almighty bang but just bounced back thankfully. No too smart, probably all caught on CCTV.:hartley:

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yes. The last 20 years or so the UK has bred an entitlement class like no other. Years of leftie liberalism has produced a group of people, from ALL cultures, who do what they want because any suggestion of consequences or accounting for their actions is met with cries of 'oppression', 'bullying', 'victimisation', 'racist', fascist' and a host of other PC crap. 

It's cultivated by certain sections of the media and propogated on social media. Try working in areas where you constantly encounter these groups. Police, social work, education. Speak to ANYONE who works in those fields and they will recognise these phrases

1. You can't say that to me

2. You can't do that to me

3. I don't have to tell you my name

4. I can stay here as long as I want

5. You can't make me do...whatever

And a host of others.

Kids having kids, lack of support from the judiciary, politicians berating those areas, the media feeding them images that 'support' their misconceived ideas and so on and so on. No-one is saying that incidents like this never happened 'back in the day' but without a doubt the lack of parental control and responsibility, combined with the other factors I've mentioned, has contributed to this breed of people. And that is part of the reason I left my job in the UK and moved abroad. Nearly 20 years of it was enough for me. 

Riddley Walker
53 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nah. It's that fake nostalgia thing that most folk seem to get when they reach a certain age about how everything used to be much better. 

AlphonseCapone
52 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Sounds like a wee bit of the ol' juvenoia slipping through, to me. :biggrin2:

🤣 Never seen that before, very good. 

40 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Yes. The last 20 years or so the UK has bred an entitlement class like no other. Years of leftie liberalism has produced a group of people, from ALL cultures, who do what they want because any suggestion of consequences or accounting for their actions is met with cries of 'oppression', 'bullying', 'victimisation', 'racist', fascist' and a host of other PC crap. 

It's cultivated by certain sections of the media and propogated on social media. Try working in areas where you constantly encounter these groups. Police, social work, education. Speak to ANYONE who works in those fields and they will recognise these phrases

1. You can't say that to me

2. You can't do that to me

3. I don't have to tell you my name

4. I can stay here as long as I want

5. You can't make me do...whatever

And a host of others.

Kids having kids, lack of support from the judiciary, politicians berating those areas, the media feeding them images that 'support' their misconceived ideas and so on and so on. No-one is saying that incidents like this never happened 'back in the day' but without a doubt the lack of parental control and responsibility, combined with the other factors I've mentioned, has contributed to this breed of people. And that is part of the reason I left my job in the UK and moved abroad. Nearly 20 years of it was enough for me. 

What sort of areas would you put in this bracket? 

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nah. It's that fake nostalgia thing that most folk seem to get when they reach a certain age about how everything used to be much better. 

I'm 33, might be getting to that stage thanks to Snapchat and Tiktok etc. 

54 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

🤣 Never seen that before, very good. 

What sort of areas would you put in this bracket? 

I'm 33, might be getting to that stage thanks to Snapchat and Tiktok etc. 

Police, social work, education. Feel free to add more because I'm pretty sure that there must be.

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Police, social work, education. Feel free to add more because I'm pretty sure that there must be.

Sorry misinterpreted, thought you were meaning specific areas of the city. 

skinnybob72

If you lob a brick at a bus with passengers in it, or at the drivers window, you must be aware that there won't be a good outcome if it hits someone. Even a 10 year old must understand what would happen if they were hit by a brick travelling at speed.

So, if you want to nip this in the bud you make an example of the first couple who are caught and clearly identifiable. Put them in a young offenders prison for 10 years on an attempted murder charge. Send a message to these clowns. 

Edited by skinnybob72

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

If you lob a brick at a bus with passengers in it, or at the drivers window, you must be aware that there won't be a good outcome if it hits someone. Even a 10 year old must understand what would happen if they were hit by a brick travelling at speed.

So, if you want to nip this in the bud you make an example of the first couple who are caught and clearly identifiable. Put them in a young offenders prison for 10 years on an attempted murder charge. Send a message to these clowns. 

Definitely need to make an example, but what that is I don’t know. You certainly aren’t getting an attempted murder charge sticking on that. They should just allow you to give them a good leathering if you can catch them. They fear nothing, no respect or fear when it comes to the police. 

Just got my taxi back on the road after that little 15 year old #### damaged it on Old Dalkeith Road. Managed to source the top and bottom light cluster myself and then got the damage to the bodywork fixed and spray painted. All in it cost me £250 because of the little scrote, but he won’t give a shit. Himself and some others will probably blame it on boredom. I’m sick of hearing that excuse being rolled out to somehow justify their actions. Bored, do me a ####ing favour, a generation that’s had more than any other before it.

On 31/03/2021 at 17:59, Cruyff said:

We probably all did things we we’re now ashamed of when we were young. I certainly did.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

3 hours ago, leginten said:

We probably all did things we we’re now ashamed of when we were young. I certainly did.

👍 Indeed. Anyone who was running the streets in Edinburgh at 13-15 and never put a foot wrong is talking out their back passage or had a very sheltered childhood. 

It doesn't really come as a surprise that these incidents have been happening in shithole areas. Niddrie, Moredun, Muirhouse, Western Hails to name a few. I apologise if anyone is from these areas but they are riddled with wasters. 

18 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I am certainly in that category, but I don't get nostalgic for the much better part, I get nostalgic because it was so different. As a kid we got up to mischief, but deliberate damage to property was not included. Nuisance was our main weapon, ringing bells and running, tie doors together and ringing both bells and watching the push pull by both parties. Discipline in my home was severe, my mother was a slap for everything really peed off highlander, my father who was a fight at the drop of a hat man never used physical punishment for minor offences, if something beyond mothers ability occurred I was taken to a private location and had my ass skelped. With him a look of warning was enough to get good behaviour. Teachers enforced discipline with a strap, police enforced discipline with a severe verbal warning. Never knew of a policeman assaulting anyone, discipline by position and personality. As a family we went out for a family walk every Sunday, as we got older my father and I graduated to bicycling on a Sunday, considerable distances. What was always preached to us, a non religious family was respect for others like us ,and their property, sure we stole apples from a local garden, a word we never used when being told what to do was why, we were never bored, or frustrated, because we had to use our minds to create entertainment.  It seems today between TV the Internet, video games, excessive violence in most of these kid are bored, no sense of adventure, and there has to be a wee bit risk to a youngster for it to be fun, the outlet they seem to be using is violence towards property, with no consideration for the danger to life and value of damage caused. The police it seems from the comments here are like the kids, no need anymore for independent decisions, and pride in your area of responsibility and how you policed it, while having  the goal of being respected, I certainly have never kept secret my working in Niddrie, a small example of how it worked though. Patrolling in Niddrie Mains Terrace a woman tells me her pram has been stolen from the stair. I take the report shortly after I am in Harewood Drive area and see  woman with the pram. I take her particulars, and the pram which I immediately return to the complainant. She is expecting her husband home anytime, and offers me  a cup of tea. Her husband arrives home and to his and my surprise we are well known to each other, so we act as normal for his wifes benefit as we can, and he thanks me for what I had done and I left, can you see that happening now. The systems are wrong now everywhere too much emphasis on electronic aids, too many do gooders who achieve their goals to the detriment of the majority, modern aids and attitudes are superior in many ways to the old providing nostalgia. for some but they are also responsible for the loss of individual responsibility, and due punishment for out of order behaviour.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, leginten said:

We did, but the difference between then and now. 1. We knew we were doing wrong. I'm not sure they do nowadays.

2. We knew if we got caught we would get punished. Nowadays punishment is frowned upon.

3. We accepted our punishment as we knew it was for doing wrong. Nowadays they are onto their social workers and whoever moaning that they have been disciplined.