PHEV cars

80bob

Thinking of opting for a PHEV for my next company car. Probably do 25000 miles per year 

Has anyone got PHEV and how simple was the process to get a home charge point fitted.

The company stipulate we most have an approved home charge point. Bit of a scunner  when there is an Asda charge point 2 minutes from the house 

Ps looking at the Kia ceed station wagon 

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Thinking of opting for a PHEV for my next company car. Probably do 25000 miles per year 

Has anyone got PHEV and how simple was the process to get a home charge point fitted.

The company stipulate we most have an approved home charge point. Bit of a scunner  when there is an Asda charge point 2 minutes from the house 

I've been looking at the Kia sorrento. Looks almost what I need, but for ~ 20 grand less I can get a 3 year old 2.2 diesel that'll do exactly what I need - apart from be allowed into city centres when the new emissions zones come in.

I'd imagine setting up a home charge point will be pretty simple. If you're confident you could probably fit it yourself then get a sparky to connect up to the distribution board and do the testing/sign off.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've been looking at the Kia sorrento. Looks almost what I need, but for ~ 20 grand less I can get a 3 year old 2.2 diesel that'll do exactly what I need - apart from be allowed into city centres when the new emissions zones come in.

I'd imagine setting up a home charge point will be pretty simple. If you're confident you could probably fit it yourself then get a sparky to connect up to the distribution board and do the testing/sign off.

As it’s a company car we have a defined list of cars. We don’t have an option to opt out and take a car allowance. PHEV would get the tax bill down. Also looking at Corolla sport touring hybrid. As it’s not PHEV it looks like it bumps the tax up more than what Iam paying on the 2 Ltr Passat

Edited by 80bob

1 hour ago, 80bob said:

Can you not just move the Asda charge point during the night and leave them a note saying soz folks this is now a private charge point? 😏

Iv been thinking about changing to a hybrid or Phev , I mean a sports hybrid would be nice but kind of seems pointless to get say a Honda NSX to help protect the planet by having a 565bhp engine and 20mile range. Not that I have nearly 150k as a budget 😒

May just go sideways and move to the BMW 330e when I do change , just so that along with having a car I like Im bringing the bhp down a bit and contributing to the protection of the planet , its only 25mile range but thats comfortably higher than the C Class

Could not go for a Prius tho 🤬

Edited by sadj