Big Pete

Jamhammer

Thought Haring deserved his own thread. Been through it last season or two but there’s no doubt in my mind if he’d stayed fit we wouldn’t be where we are now.

He’s quality. His work rate is second to none. He can tackle, pass the ball and ALWAYS looks to move forward.

Great to have him back and hope he stays fit. Game changer 

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Thought Haring deserved his own thread. Been through it last season or two but there’s no doubt in my mind if he’d stayed fit we wouldn’t be where we are now.

He’s quality. His work rate is second to none. He can tackle, pass the ball and ALWAYS looks to move forward.

Spot on. 

He is a big asset to the team and the difference when he plays is incredible.

Robbie just needs to manage his introduction back so as not to put too much pressure on his body after such a long layoff.

I think I would be resting him this week-end as he took a couple of big hits last night.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He is a big asset to the team and the difference when he plays is incredible.

Robbie just needs to manage his introduction back so as not to put too much pressure on his body after such a long layoff.

I think I would be resting him this week-end as he took a couple of big hits last night.

Especially on that awful pitch.

Pete is class!

Good OP. Haring is probably the best player we have and the difference he makes to the team is huge. Seems to allow Halliday/Lee to play further up the pitch where they look more effective. Also helps the defence as he is a good outlet for Berra and Halkett which allows them to concentrate on their defensive duties and take pressure of their distribution. Absolutely love the guy and hope he can stay fit and is here for years to come. 

6 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

No caps for his country surprisingly. He would piss the Scotland team.

Standard of football is high. Never understood why we're not looking there for more gems. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Standard of football is high. Never understood why we're not looking there for more gems. 

Is it?  I would have thought that the best Austrian players would play in Germany. 

18 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

No caps for his country surprisingly. He would piss the Scotland team.

Unlikely to ever play for Austria given the options they have unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it?  I would have thought that the best Austrian players would play in Germany. 

Indeed they do. 

Edited by Cruyff

Pasquale for King

Some great posts and all spot on. Great finish last night as well and we are better in both boxes when he plays. Maybe an idea to talk about a new contract now before he gets back up to full speed and starts attracting attention, clubs can talk to him in 5 weeks time. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some great posts and all spot on. Great finish last night as well and we are better in both boxes when he plays. Maybe an idea to talk about a new contract now before he gets back up to full speed and starts attracting attention, clubs can talk to him in 5 weeks time. 

A good idea though a lot of unknowns around  at the moment given the ongoing pandemic and the league we are currently in. 

We stood by him when we knew he wouldn’t kick a ball so I’d like to think he would return the favour by signing a long deal. He seems a really decent bloke and would love to see him become a jambo legend.

Bazzas right boot

He's good, brings a balance to the side. 

Hopefully he can stay fit and boss the bigger games as well. 

The game I was most impressed with him was the cup final v Celtic, I want that Pete back. 

Everyone apart from Roberts and Boyce ( because of the misses, his general play was OK) played well but it was literally one of the easiest fixtures we have this season, anything else would have Been a shock. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All the most ambitious Austrians move to Germany to further their careers....... 🙄

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A good idea though a lot of unknowns around  at the moment given the ongoing pandemic and the league we are currently in. 

Yeah that might be a reason to hold off, we should go up and the vaccine will surely help too. 

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Harring

Gordon

Kingsley

Ginley

Smith

Boyce

Thats all I'd keep the rest can go and I wouldn't care.

If you can’t see what Naismith brings to the club then there’s no hope.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Harring

Gordon

Kingsley

Ginley

Smith

Boyce

Thats all I'd keep the rest can go and I wouldn't care.

Ginnelly - to early yet imo to decide either way. 

I'd keep Naismith as well and early days for Halliday. 

I'd keep Soappy too. 

White, Lee, walker, Irving, Halkett, Berra, 've not got an issue with being around the squad but I think we can upgrade on them to improve our starting 11 next season. I think they can all offer something, but if they left I wouldn't be bothered too much. 

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He played Austrian second division. He'll know a bit about players that may be available. 

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you can’t see what Naismith brings to the club then there’s no hope.  

Not sure how many miles he’s got left on the clock. Especially back in the top league

Just now, jr ewing said:

He played Austrian second division. He'll know a bit about players that may be available. 

To get a player like him from the Austrian second level seems quite a coup. 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Not sure how many miles he’s got left on the clock. Especially back in the top league

Sure but the post said if he left the poster wouldn’t care.  I think he will play a huge part on and off the pitch to ensure we are promoted this year and in the run up to the cup final.  

Pasquale for King

The club knew he could play in midfield but he was signed as a CH to play in a three, not really seen him in that position enough to judge him there but it’s maybe why he was in the 2nd division. He’s certainly good enough in midfield to play in their top league,in most countries in fact. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club knew he could play in midfield but he was signed as a CH to play in a three, not really seen him in that position enough to judge him there but it’s maybe why he was in the 2nd division. He’s certainly good enough in midfield to play in their top league,in most countries in fact. 

I think he played a couple of early matches at CB. Didn’t really impress iirc. 

Gordon Ramsay

He is a great presence in there. So strong and firm in the tackle. 

I think he may have lost a yard of pace but hopefully the fitter he gets that will come back. 

Hes barely played for 18 months in a 2nd tier side in Scotland. Im not surprised Franco Foda doesnt have his virtual ST to track him 😄

For where we are, he is the balance we need. Him playing as that anchor allows midfield runners, he reads the play to protect the cb's so we look more compact and as noted does the simple things well. I just hope he can manage to play week in week out as the first half last night, was evident that its Haring that makes us tick, not the higher paid luxury players.

5 minutes ago, DMac-89 said:

Hes barely played for 18 months in a 2nd tier side in Scotland. Im not surprised Franco Foda doesnt have his virtual ST to track him 😄

For where we are, he is the balance we need. Him playing as that anchor allows midfield runners, he reads the play to protect the cb's so we look more compact and as noted does the simple things well. I just hope he can manage to play week in week out as the first half last night, was evident that its Haring that makes us tick, not the higher paid luxury players.

Good Post. We desperately need him playing 90 minutes in that role. From my observations of those around him, none at present are 90 minute men. They only seem to manage to play for 45 minutes at best (Lee, Halliday, Walker, Naismith). We really need a Salvatori or Brellier type player to fit in beside him. 

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All the most ambitious Austrians move to Germany to further their careers....... 🙄

Deserves more credit this post 😂😂

He's great at reading the game and his passing is excellent.  Has lost about 3 yards of pace from before the injury and he wasn't that quick to begin with, but right now he's 100% the main man in that midfield

3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

He's great at reading the game and his passing is excellent.  Has lost about 3 yards of pace from before the injury and he wasn't that quick to begin with, but right now he's 100% the main man in that midfield

Agree, he'll gain some of that pace back with regular games though.  I'd be playing him every week between now and the final as long as he has no issues, him being fit and starting in there is one of the most important things in terms of giving us a chance of winning.

29 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He is a great presence in there. So strong and firm in the tackle. 

I think he may have lost a yard of pace but hopefully the fitter he gets that will come back. 

Agree... even although he's not at 100% as yet, he clearly still looks a class apart.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think he played a couple of early matches at CB. Didn’t really impress iirc. 

He moved forward into midfield in the 2nd half against Raith at East Fife’s ground in 2018 when we were getting beat 1 nil in the league cup. Looked ok against them at CH earlier this season. Seems better suited to midfield though. 

There was a pass last night he made to Smith out wide on the volley with his back to where Smith was

****ing sublime 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

We stood by him when we knew he wouldn’t kick a ball so I’d like to think he would return the favour by signing a long deal. He seems a really decent bloke and would love to see him become a jambo legend.

Can only hope! We'd be very silly not to be talking 3 year+ in terms of extension imo. 

Injuries are always a risk with players, Haring is a player of very high quality. They don't come round very often, so its important we make the effort to keep him here. He's an absolute joy to watch. 

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

He is a very good passer of the ball and he was the only one looking to drive forward when others were happy to pass sideways or backwards.

He was head and shoulders above everyone and great to see him notch a goal.

41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s restored my confidence in Austria. Years of hero worshipping Tam Flogel to have it all destroyed by David Witteven. 

I feel that way about our czech recruitment, Bednar,Pospisil,Rudi then bloody Vanacek comes and ruins a good run.