Sign in to follow this  
hmfcbilly

Energy supplier has went bust

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I gave them my details about a week ago but heard nothing yet. 

Same. All I have is access to my old SP account. I hope that doesn't cause some sort of calamity. My credit balance with Tonik should last me a while.

hmfcbilly
12 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Here’s an update for those previously with Tonik as I was. They are still collecting Direct Debits from customers so log into your bank account ASAP and cancel yours. A further monthly payment was collected from my account yesterday. Whether I ever see it again is uncertain. I’ve just cancelled mine.

Tonik’s administrators have created a website so that customers can log into their old accounts and view all history held. I was about £100 in credit before yesterday’s DD unexpectedly went out.

Cheers for the update on this Swindon. I've just logged in and checked my account...£224 in credit so glad I could see it to screen shot it! I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that Tonik have set this up to allow old bills and balances to be checked. As I said previously, I never had any issues with them at all in the 2 stints I had as a customer so I'm gutted they've went under. Be interesting to see what SP put me on but I'm guessing it will be nowhere near my old tariff. I just want it sorted ASAP so I can get my credit balance back and transfer to someone offering a competitive tariff. I see utility point is up near the top price wise. I left tonik to go to them (cheaper) but after 5 months I shut my account, paid exit fees and went back to tonik. Utility point were a pain for me....always sending out estimated bills even though I answered meter read requests within a day or 2. They were OK at answering phone tbf but anytime I asked them to reissue a bill with correct reads it would show up as the following months bill online! They also take a much higher amount in the winter months and much lower in the summer. Didnt like that. Much preferred spreading the cost over the year. On cost alone, it seems EDF or E-ON for me. Think ill stay away from the smaller companies after this unless the cost saving is significant.

Edit...I haven't heard anything about my new SP account either and I gave my details over the phone to them a week past Monday 

Edited by hmfcbilly
Amended post