limited capacity - fairest way

bigdavemaddog

bigdavemaddog

obviously when fans are allowed to attend grounds again in a limited capacity there will be questions on the fairest way possible for all fans who have paid their money. i found this on another forum and wondered what people's view on it is and what the fairest way could be for everyone.

But The South London Press reports that Millwall are planning for fans to return to The Den from October in the upcoming 2020/21 season, albeit on a limited basis.

The report claims an expected capacity of just under 6,000 fans could be allowed to attend games, with the new campaign due to begin in mid-September, meaning the opening few rounds of fixtures would still be played behind closed doors.

This would include the 2,600 who have renewed their season tickets already being allowed to attend every match, with fewer than 1,000 more still up for grabs.

After this limit has been reached, those who have yet to renew their season tickets but do so will have their attendance at matches rotated.

The report added the upper and lower tiers of the away end would house Millwall fans, with limits placed on the number of people in each hospitality box and only a certain number of scouts allowed to attend.

Work is also taking place at The Den to move turnstiles to the main gates and install checkpoints in front of them, as well as having food and drinks kiosks outside.

No away fans, Roseburn fully used, 8000 fans at a game, some sort of ballot week before each game where you can notify if you would like to attend or not and ensures you get to 75 percent of games, games not made roll into next season ticket or cup games.

Rambling a bit but it's going to be a logistical nightmare that's for sure..

33 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

No away fans, Roseburn fully used, 8000 fans at a game, some sort of ballot week before each game where you can notify if you would like to attend or not and ensures you get to 75 percent of games, games not made roll into next season ticket or cup games.

sounds a good idea there

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Those that don’t get a ticket are guaranteed one for the next match and are also entered into a draw for a trip around the Forth with dinner and fine wines in Ann’s boat. 😎

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

To be honest anything other than prioritising home fans will come as a surprise to me. 

I doubt that away fans will be allowed initially. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Those that don’t get a ticket are guaranteed one for the next match and are also entered into a draw for a trip around the Forth with dinner and fine wines in Ann’s boat. 😎

Already been on that particular 'boat' in Athens

Assuming a 2 meter distance needs to be in play thats about 5 seats between each fan. And highly unlikely that every row will be able to get used.

With those regulations we would be looking at about 2000 per game. 1 meter social distancing might squeeze in another 1000 or 1500.

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Assuming a 2 meter distance needs to be in play thats about 5 seats between each fan. And highly unlikely that every row will be able to get used.

With those regulations we would be looking at about 2000 per game. 1 meter social distancing might squeeze in another 1000 or 1500.

Remember too though that there will be a high proportion of season ticket holders who are family members and wouldn't need to distance from each other. So for seating there could be thousands of mini bubbles. There could be a song in that 🤔

11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Remember too though that there will be a high proportion of season ticket holders who are family members and wouldn't need to distance from each other. So for seating there could be thousands of mini bubbles. There could be a song in that 🤔

True, and of course Kids don't need to social distance, but how does that work in a ballot. Ballot of addresses versus individual season tickets?

Groups of mates are all going to end up split up inevitably. 

I'm sure it will work but it will be a logistical nightmare and will rely on a lot of people just having to accept the situation, I'm sure most will but can see some stories of folk moaning about not getting to sit in their seat already. 

Could probably get all our ST holder's into Murrayfield, socially distanced. Appreciate there would be cost issues, and it would still be a logistical nightmare, but it would at least be possible (which it isn't at Tynecastle).

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Could probably get all our ST holder's into Murrayfield, socially distanced. Appreciate there would be cost issues, and it would still be a logistical nightmare, but it would at least be possible (which it isn't at Tynecastle).

You’re right but money is obviously an issue at this time. If everything goes well, looking unlikely then Murrayfield for the semi would probably see both teams ST holders able to attend. 

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, McCrae said:

At this rate we will be lucky if a ball gets kicked in the championship this season.  

That’s certainly a risk. 

Tbh if they let family members with seats together sit together without social distancing they’d be as well just scrapping the social distancing altogether. You’ll have guys saying their mates are their gay pattners and folk sitting next to their cousins that they’ve not seen for months. Everybody will just rip the piss if it means getting in. 

3 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

obviously when fans are allowed to attend grounds again in a limited capacity there will be questions on the fairest way possible for all fans who have paid their money. i found this on another forum and wondered what people's view on it is and what the fairest way could be for everyone.

But The South London Press reports that Millwall are planning for fans to return to The Den from October in the upcoming 2020/21 season, albeit on a limited basis.

The report claims an expected capacity of just under 6,000 fans could be allowed to attend games, with the new campaign due to begin in mid-September, meaning the opening few rounds of fixtures would still be played behind closed doors.

This would include the 2,600 who have renewed their season tickets already being allowed to attend every match, with fewer than 1,000 more still up for grabs.

After this limit has been reached, those who have yet to renew their season tickets but do so will have their attendance at matches rotated.

The report added the upper and lower tiers of the away end would house Millwall fans, with limits placed on the number of people in each hospitality box and only a certain number of scouts allowed to attend.

Work is also taking place at The Den to move turnstiles to the main gates and install checkpoints in front of them, as well as having food and drinks kiosks outside.

Imo It should be decided on alphabetical order. 

yours sincerely 

Archie Aitken 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh if they let family members with seats together sit together without social distancing they’d be as well just scrapping the social distancing altogether. You’ll have guys saying their mates are their gay pattners and folk sitting next to their cousins that they’ve not seen for months. Everybody will just rip the piss if it means getting in. 

I have to think you are talking about Easter Road with this scenario.

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I have to think you are talking about Easter Road with this scenario.

Everybody at Easter road has under 18 or student tickets so they’ll be fine. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If limited capacity enriches the clubs which punished us, I'm opposed to it.

Just thinking about that, I don't expect it would.  In the majority of cases it would be ST holders who have already paid.

It should however be restricted to home club supporters only.

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

yours sincerely 

Archie Aitken 

That's a bit rough on our best-known French ST holder  Zinedine Zidane.

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

That's a bit rough on our best-known French ST holder  Zinedine Zidane.

I’m not sure he’d be at Tynecastle bud unless he’s looking to buy his fellow countryman Loic Damour.  

cheers 

Archie 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m not sure he’d be at Tynecastle bud unless he’s looking to buy his fellow countryman Loic Damour.  

cheers 

Archie 

Could pick him up for a song...

Pasquale for King

Most likely to start at 25% of capacity, half ST for one game and half next. Not like there’s any big games to miss. By the time we lift the trophy it should be back to normal 🤞

14 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

yours sincerely 

Archie Aitken 

Aaron Aardvark likes this post. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just thinking about that, I don't expect it would.  In the majority of cases it would be ST holders who have already paid.

It should however be restricted to home club supporters only.

Perhaps need to do what SRU does with debenture holders at Murrayfield: contact each well before fixture to find out if they want to be at match.

There will be long-distance fans happy to forgo  matches.  When we know how many of 10k are interested in a particular fixture, then we can look at rationing.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aaron Aardvark likes this post. 

I was going for Aaron as well, but my surname was going to be Aalberg. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Perhaps need to do what SRU does with debenture holders at Murrayfield: contact each well before fixture to find out if they want to be at match.

There will be long-distance fans happy to forgo  matches.  When we know how many of 10k are interested in a particular fixture, then we can look at rationing.

So would I if I had to sit up in the gods, some might not get their own seats. Say my row is 3/4 full and only 1/4 can go, someone has to move. Hopefully we are making plans for all eventualities.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

yours sincerely 

Archie Aitken 

🤣

kingantti1874

They won’t allow away fans this season full stop imo.

we should use murrayfield .. get as many in as possible 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most likely to start at 25% of capacity, half ST for one game and half next. Not like there’s any big games to miss. By the time We chuck that trophy in the bin and burn the flag it should be back to normal 🤞

FTFY

3 hours ago, stuckinsunderland said:

To be honest anything other than prioritising home fans will come as a surprise to me. 

Would be crazy to let away fans in and season ticket holders not

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

They won’t allow away fans this season full stop imo.

we should use murrayfield .. get as many in as possible 

Costs are likely prohibitive imo. 

kingantti1874
Just now, davemclaren said:

Costs are likely prohibitive imo. 

Thought that may be the case - You’d have to hope they offered some sort of fair deal.. they won’t have any revenues this year either . 

6 minutes ago, brux said:

Would be crazy to let away fans in and season ticket holders not

I would lose it if away fans got into TYNECASTLE and I was refused entry.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, obua said:

I would lose it if away fans got into TYNECASTLE and I was refused entry.

That is a good point, it simply has to be home fans only to start with. 

PhoenixHearts

Should be done on proximity to Tynecastle 😎

Sounds fair to me... Mind we're meant to be limiting travel and all that.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

yours sincerely 

Archie Aitken 

Hearts' Zdenek Zlamal nearly hit by object thrown from Celtic end ...

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Hearts' Zdenek Zlamal nearly hit by object thrown from Celtic end ...

Reverse it to get rid of players, Zlamal, White,Washington, Uche? Doyle and Damour will be a problem 😜.

Bazzas right boot

That's the brunton cancelled the pantomimes this year, got a text today. 

Football is outside, but I can't see any concerts, sports events, street parties, etc being allowed until after the year. 

8000 folk going to one location just isn't happening I don't think if pantomimes with 200-400 folk are being cancelled in advance. 

Likley more behind a pantomime in terms of rehearsals etc being accounted for, but it's relatively small compared to thousands of fans going to a game, just does not fit in with what's happening just now. 

It's more and more Likley no big crowds will be considered until a vaccine is found and in circulation. 

This covid is a *******, hopefully our best brains get it in check- soon. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most likely to start at 25% of capacity, half ST for one game and half next. Not like there’s any big games to miss. By the time we lift the trophy it should be back to normal 🤞

25% of parkhead is about 18k, imo no chance of that number of folk being allowed in one place atm. 

No chance at all, it just goes against everything in regards to containing covid. 

More likely a number of folk allowed at an outside event being set. 

200, 500, 1000, I don't know, but right now a % of capacity just seems unlikely as the range is too much. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

At this rate we will be lucky if a ball gets kicked in the championship this season.  

There is a meteor hitting Scottish football and there is literally nothing in place to deal with it. 

Even with limited capacities I still envisage problems regarding getting thousands into a stadium while keeping them all apart just trying to get them in. Then once in toilets, food bars etc. And that's aside from transporting them there.

The current issue with sheep players is concrete evidence if any were needed that this thing isn't going to just disappear like magic despite what Trump thinks. It's out there, it's not going away anytime soon, and we're struggling to contain it. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Even with limited capacities I still envisage problems regarding getting thousands into a stadium while keeping them all apart just trying to get them in. Then once in toilets, food bars etc. And that's aside from transporting them there.

The current issue with sheep players is concrete evidence if any were needed that this thing isn't going to just disappear like magic despite what Trump thinks. It's out there, it's not going away anytime soon, and we're struggling to contain it. 

Correct. The easiest bit is the seating arrangements.