Squad Numbers 2020-2021

Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

I wonder if we'll get any info into the squad numbers with the team back next week.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone is 'demoted' (Zlamal the most likely - I can't see CG not having the No1 jersey).

I'd also be keen to see if any youngsters are given more senior numbers, indicating they'll be getting more game time.

BackOfTheNet

This is something that maybe interests me more than it should, but it does! I also note when players aren’t given numbers. For example a first eleven number remains vacant. I think Olly Lee last year got moved out of his no.8 shirt which strongly indicated he wouldn’t be involved. Will be interesting to see if Clare remains no.8 or gets a more defensive number or moves to Bozanic’s no.7 to indicate he’s more on the wing than central. We’ll see.

Although we’ve seen Cochrane and McDonald get more senior numbers only to be papped out on loan... Can imagine Irving getting a lower number. First pictures from training will have lots of people eyeing the numbers on the trackies.

Main numbers I’m interested in will be 1, 7 and 11. And as you say any changes/demotions of some players in favour of others.

copa-mundial

Jamie Walker will possibly want the number 7 jersey? Vacating number 10 to possibly Boycie?

Gordon will definitely be number 1 in my opinion, and rightly so. 

Hopefully get in a good quick wide player to take the number 11 slot. 

There is a few numbers vacant.

Current first team squad list. 

1 Bobby (I'd say to change)

2 Smith

3 White? (I'd say subject to change)

4 Souttar 

5 Haring

6 Berra 

8 Clare 

9 Washington 

10 Walker 

13 Doyle

14 Naismith 

15 Wighton 

16 Lee

17 Garuccio

19 Uche

20 Cochrane

21 Mcdonald 

22 Damour

25 Brandon

26 Halkett

27 Moore

29 Boyce

31 Burns

38 Morisson 

40 Irvine

Henderson first team also. 41?

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Surely Hickey should take number 3.

I don’t think he’ll take the number 3, be lucky if we see him in his 51 shirt this season 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Squad numbers not important at this stage because they'll be incomings aswell as goings and we don't start playing until october