2020/21 Betfred Cup - fixtures confirmed

ritchies75

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

First three games clash with Scotland games on 8th, 11th and 14th October. Not sure about Northern Ireland. Can see Craig Gordon and Steven Naismith being picked for the Scotland squad (but not actually playing) despite lack of competitive match action. 

just to confirm, Northern Ireland have games on those three dates. So worst case scenario we lose three players who don’t actually get a game; and thus we start the league with key players who haven’t had any competitive action in the Bet Fred.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

Bazzas right boot
On 11/08/2020 at 07:55, Nookie Bear said:

Lovely. 

I particularly want Raith humiliated - I hope the players get the message about that game. 

I want Raith to end up like the lad in "scum". 

Yip, that one. 

ToadKiller Dog

Don't think we will likely have fans back by then ,if we do ICT and East Fife I will attend .

As for Raith no pressure on the players but I want cricket scores. 

36 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

First three games clash with Scotland games on 8th, 11th and 14th October. Not sure about Northern Ireland. Can see Craig Gordon and Steven Naismith being picked for the Scotland squad (but not actually playing) despite lack of competitive match action. 

Our final game, as well as the final round of group fixtures on 14 Nov (when we have a free week) also clash with an international window. The play-off final if Scotland get through and more nations league games.

Scotland will definitely (and rightly) insist on a full strength squad for the play-off semi-final. If Scotland lose the semi-final, I'd expect lots of pressure from the Old Firm and EPL teams not to select their players for nations league games, which will mean far more players from other teams being selected. Given both windows potentially include 3 international games in 7 days, I'd expect countries to want to select large squads.

The league cup group stage could turn into a total farce with clubs losing their best players to international duty.

Both the league cup and the nations league should have been cancelled this season.

David McCaig
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is Premier Sports pay per view or subscription?

All the televised games in Scotland are kicking about on IPTV services, I had all 3 of the 3pm kick offs on Saturday on multi-screen at one point... making a deliberate point of not watching any of the Scottish Football coverage on Sky or Premier.

39 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Actually could be alot worse than 3 players missing as U21 have games as well. 

So, potentially it could be:

Full Internationals - Naismith, Gordon, Boyce, Smith (not beyond possibility that Souttar, Berra, Halkett could be called up as well)

U21 - Irvine, Henderson, Brandon, 

35 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Let's get to the next round. Quarters next is it or last 16?

Last 16

8 group winners, 4 best 2nd place, 4 European qualifiers. 

David McCaig
14 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Actually could be alot worse than 3 players missing as U21 have games as well. 

So, potentially it could be:

Full Internationals - Naismith, Gordon, Boyce, Smith (not beyond possibility that Souttar, Berra, Halkett could be called up as well)

U21 - Irvine, Henderson, Brandon, 

Not a chance that Halkett or Souttar will be in the squad.

Smoked-Glass
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Last 16

8 group winners, 4 best 2nd place, 4 European qualifiers. 

Thanks.  Well its gonna be hearts v hibs

I thought there was a clause that if clubs had a certain amount of players unavailable due to international duty they within the rights for the games affected to be postponed. I am certain The Rangers postponed a game when in the Championship.. May have changed, but if not then postpone and continue to be a pain to the SPFL/SFA.

6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not a chance that Halkett or Souttar will be in the squad.

I'm not so sure. I think we'll see big squads given the national team will be playing 3 games in 7 days. I also think there will be a lot of pressure to basically treat the Nations League games as B internationals. Teams playing European football will be desperate to get their players any rest they can. The Euro 2020 play-offs will be very competitive first team games, but then expect a while raft of withdrawals due to injury. Add in a few genuine injuries when the squad is selected and I think we'll see some real barrel scraping.

3 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

I thought there was a clause that if clubs had a certain amount of players unavailable due to international duty they within the rights for the games affected to be postponed. I am certain The Rangers postponed a game when in the Championship.. May have changed, but if not then postpone and continue to be a pain to the SPFL/SFA.

I could be wrong but I think that has been suspended for at least some scottish competitions this year due to the fixture congestion meaning clashes are inevitable and there are no free dates to rearrange games.

This season's fixture calendar is going to be crazy. I was reading recently that Spurs are likely two midweek running to play both european and domestic games. They have the potential of games Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday,  Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. The most likely fix is to play their u23s in the league cup like Liverpool did during the World Club Cup last year.

6 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Too many games.  Group games shud have been scrapped

Correct.

did i not read somewhere league 1 and 2 clubs didn’t need to participate if they couldn’t afford it. Just additional teating and games most likely with out fans for essentially nothing.

Absolutey no need to go ahead with the groups anyway

7 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm not so sure. I think we'll see big squads given the national team will be playing 3 games in 7 days. I also think there will be a lot of pressure to basically treat the Nations League games as B internationals. Teams playing European football will be desperate to get their players any rest they can. The Euro 2020 play-offs will be very competitive first team games, but then expect a while raft of withdrawals due to injury. Add in a few genuine injuries when the squad is selected and I think we'll see some real barrel scraping.

I could be wrong but I think that has been suspended for at least some scottish competitions this year due to the fixture congestion meaning clashes are inevitable and there are no free dates to rearrange games.

This season's fixture calendar is going to be crazy. I was reading recently that Spurs are likely two midweek running to play both european and domestic games. They have the potential of games Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday,  Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. The most likely fix is to play their u23s in the league cup like Liverpool did during the World Club Cup last year.

11 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Iain Blair confirmed a few weeks ago that it won’t be possible to postpone games for players being away for international duty for this part of the season

Weakened Offender
16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I want Raith to end up like the lad in "scum". 

Yip, that one. 

😁

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Iain Blair confirmed a few weeks ago that it won’t be possible to postpone games for players being away for international duty for this part of the season

Has he told UEFA or FIFA this? 😁

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

It just gets better.

27 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53205711

I think this is why entry was optional this season

I don't think that's the case -

Those in the Premiership and Championship have said they will participate, while League One and Two clubs have been asked if they wish to do so.

41 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't think that's the case -

Those in the Premiership and Championship have said they will participate, while League One and Two clubs have been asked if they wish to do so.

Asked and all agreed to play. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SuperAustin said:

Clubs will be able to stream the games if there not on tv 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/betfred-cup-cash-boost-more-22612429

Do we get paid a fee for games being on Premier Sports.  If so we have zero streaming income coming our way from the Group Stages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/09/2020 at 16:17, David McCaig said:

Do we get paid a fee for games being on Premier Sports.  If so we have zero streaming income coming our way from the Group Stages.

Apart from pitchside advertising on BBC. 

18Jambo_dave74
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good news for us.

Craig Gordon and Steven Naismith NOT in the Scotland squad so free to play against Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers.

Definitely good news for us. Northern Ireland don't appear to have announced their squad yet but I'd be amazed if Smith and Boyce aren't both in it. 

We could be looking a bit light for players come the Betfred Cup fixtures as things stand:

International duty - Smith, Boyce. 

Injured/ lacking match fitness - Souttar, Berra, White, Haring, Damour, Halliday, Popescu (?), Naismith (?). 

We should have enough about us to win these games with the squad we have but we seem to make life difficult for ourselves in the early stages of this cup. Would be nice to sail through the group comfortably this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dun' Ath' are a threat on set pieces.   Bit of a warning but I think we'd have too much for them.

Here comes the big man!

Image result for cartoon  salmon pic

Edited by HMFC01

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, graygo said:

:rofl:

Well deserved too.

Totally. Hibs missed a sitter but Cove definitely the better side so far 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, leginten said:

Sir Paul sticking it to the Docksiders once more.

Hopefully the headline tomorrow, Hartley still the hammerer of hibs lol