• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

37 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

It wouldn't be tinpot if it wasn't named that.

Fair point 😄

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

Be as well calling it this and that. 

😂

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The seeded stuff is shit. Just draw the groups out of a hat. Luck of the draw. 

I'd rather it that way too. Give the smaller teams more of a chance too

Edited by WDJ87

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Apart from the game

Frustrating more than anything. The aim is to get out of the group ( tick ) and help prepare for the new season ( untick ). 

will-i-am-a-jambo
41 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I remember going to East Fife last year full of hope for the season ahead. 

I remember coming away from East Fife full of dread for the season ahead

Yep exact same for me. Hopefully be the opposite this time. My mate and l sat in the East Fife end and the guy next to us was sound and chatting away. When the game ended he said 'see you next time'. We didn't have the Heart to tell him we wouldn't be there lol.

Hagar the Horrible
29 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

When are the actual fixture arrangements announced?

ICT, Raith Cowden and east fife

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

2 "good guys" .... and 2 "w*nks"

40 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

When are the actual fixture arrangements announced?

BBC website just says no dates confirmed.

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I haven't read through the whole thread but can anyone tell me : was the draw deliberately regionalised ?

yes there was a group by region, thats why we have a fife srong draw and added to that ICT

Hibs have Dundee, cove and Brora, 2 clubs that were shafted by Hibs

Heartsofgold
23 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Sorry, I meant the fixture dates, home or away etc.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sorry, I meant the fixture dates, home or away etc.

No they are still TBA

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

yes there was a group by region, thats why we have a fife srong draw and added to that ICT

Hibs have Dundee, cove and Brora, 2 clubs that were shafted by Hibs

Cheers - I just saw the "north" group thingy.

Hopefully some really shitty travelling for the Hubz diaspora up to Cove and Brora. 

19 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

No they are still TBA

Tue oct 6th

Sat Oct 10th

Tues  Oct 13th

Tues Nov 10th

Sat Nov 14th

These are provisional at the moment but not sure of H & A 

So 3 games before league stsrts

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

No I drove up. 

Had a wee look a few months ago, hopefully it will be easy to get to if we get the chance. I gave them £20 when it all kicked off. 

Hagar the Horrible
13 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Tue oct 6th

Sat Oct 10th

Tues  Oct 13th

Tues Nov 10th

Sat Nov 14th

Yeah but they as of 10 mins ago did not say home or away or who on those dates?  Bit amaturish is it not?

15 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Tue oct 6th

Sat Oct 10th

Tues  Oct 13th

Tues Nov 10th

Sat Nov 14th

One of those game days will be a blank for us, so potentially only 2 of 4 that we'll be able to use as warm-ups for the league. Does rather defeat the purpose of the group stage. Really should have gone straight knock out this year.

On a related note, has there been confirmation if the Challenge Cup is happening this year? By the time you have the league cup group stage, a bonus Scottish cup, the challenge cup and throw in a few replays and we could end up playing almost as many cup games as league games this season. 

The Treasurer
33 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yeah but they as of 10 mins ago did not say home or away or who on those dates?  Bit amaturish is it not?

Premier Sports have to decide what games they want for live coverage.

You do realise that the game here is run by sellik and the TV companies

No longer active

Not that I am overly fussed with who plays who, but I feel St Johnstone and Dundee United will be miffed somewhat to be drawn against each other. I would have thought 8 groups would each have had 1 SPL side in each, no?

Strange too that we have been drawn in a group where clearly we are favourites! SPFL/SFA going soft on us ?

A good opportunity to give Raith Rovers and Cowdenbeath a damn good tanking !

45 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Not that I am overly fussed with who plays who, but I feel St Johnstone and Dundee United will be miffed somewhat to be drawn against each other. I would have thought 8 groups would each have had 1 SPL side in each, no?

Strange too that we have been drawn in a group where clearly we are favourites! SPFL/SFA going soft on us ?

A good opportunity to give Raith Rovers and Cowdenbeath a damn good tanking !

Favourite is not a tag that sits comfortably where Hearts and the League Cup is concerned! 

Hopefully we’ll get the four wins we should expect this time. 

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Favourite is not a tag that sits comfortably where Hearts and the League Cup is concerned! 

Hopefully we’ll get the four wins we should expect this time. 

We are still 4th in overall league cup wins despite not having won it since 1962. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We are still 4th in overall league cup wins despite not having won it since 1962. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Crazy. Unfortunately I’ve only read about those halcyon days. I’ve been to TWO League Cup finals involving Hearts in my 48 years on the planet. Very unlucky in both but our record in the wee cup since 1962 is shameful. 

Dear Robbie,

Qualifying in this tournament has been an absolute debacle in the last couple of years.  Please ensure that we win each of these fixtures by a minimum of 6 goals

Y/F

Kiwi

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I remember watching black and white tv pictures of John Cumming lifting the League Cup in 1962. Grandad came out with something that I've never forgotten. 

"Is that them won that again?"

36 years later, I saw Hearts, finally, win a major trophy.

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember watching black and white tv pictures of John Cumming lifting the League Cup in 1962. Grandad came out with something that I've never forgotten. 

"Is that them won that again?"

36 years later, I saw Hearts, finally, win a major trophy.

Brilliant. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I think the Premiership teams will all but ignore this tournament, playing youths and reserves.

I don't think it should even be going ahead this season but a good chance for us to go for it potentially. 

There are usually some shocks but with the lower leagues sides not returning to action until October, you have to fancy the top flights clubs dishing out a few hammerings given they’ll have played eight or so competitive games by then. 

David McCaig
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think the Premiership teams will all but ignore this tournament, playing youths and reserves.

I don't think it should even be going ahead this season but a good chance for us to go for it potentially. 

Given that the League will be a cake walk, this season's 3 major cup competitions are particularly significant.

David McCaig
7 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

There are usually some shocks but with the lower leagues sides not returning to action until October, you have to fancy the top flights clubs dishing out a few hammerings given they’ll have played eight or so competitive games by then. 

The lower league sides are going to be ridiculously unfit this season, with clubs delaying pre season as long as possible to eke out every last penny of furlough and minimise testing costs.

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The lower league sides are going to be ridiculously unfit this season, with clubs delaying pre season as long as possible to eke out every last penny of furlough and minimise testing costs.

Hopefully we show zero mercy. 

David McCaig
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully we show zero mercy. 

I hope so... Sky Bet do a great bet where you can back Hearts to score 4+, 5+ goals.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I hope so... Sky Bet do a great bet where you can back Hearts to score 4+, 5+ goals.

Lovely. 

I particularly want Raith humiliated - I hope the players get the message about that game. 

upgotheheads
18 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Cheers - I just saw the "north" group thingy.

Hopefully some really shitty travelling for the Hubz diaspora up to Cove and Brora. 

I don't think there's any chance of spectators being allowed into games by October. Is this competition able to be broadcast by BBC?

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I don't think there's any chance of spectators being allowed into games by October. Is this competition able to be broadcast by BBC?

The way things are going there might not be any players allowed into games by October. 🤔

22 hours ago, AndrewB said:

It's weird every season that the 12th in the Premier gets seeded above the top of the Championship.

It means next season we won't be seeded.  

Realised the flaw in my own argument later yesterday.

Once we have won the big cup for the second year running in May 2021, we will be in Europe for season 21/22, so we won't even be in the group stages of the League Cup 21/22.

On 10/08/2020 at 15:22, Hagar the Horrible said:

Not really as TV dates/fixtures have to be agreed with the station holding the rights just as they are for the Scottish Cup

The home/away element is the question but I think they are given a number then matches are drawn based on that..from which TV can then plan their schedule...and you know we will almost certainly be on at least once if not twice

9 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

May be wrong but Premier Sports i think.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

20200817_151504.jpg

East Fife probably the only one with any slight chance of going ahead with fans - all others BCD I assume?

Also, are EF on the Good Guys list?

Edited by August Landmesser

Niemi’s gloves

First three games clash with Scotland games on 8th, 11th and 14th October. Not sure about Northern Ireland. Can see Craig Gordon and Steven Naismith being picked for the Scotland squad (but not actually playing) despite lack of competitive match action.