Staycations

graygo

Doctor FinnBarr
22 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Better hope you don't get burgled while you're away.

Got nowt to nick mate and oddly enough the dealers seem to look out for other properties in the street.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor FinnBarr

• Sooperstar

• graygo

• highlandjambo3

The White Cockade

When I was wee (back in the 60’s) our summer holiday was either Butlins at Ayr or a caravan at Pease Bay or North Berwick

Enjoyed it as much as the holidays abroad now

If someone asks me if I'm going on holiday this year the I would only mention any overseas visits. Any in trips within the UK are just that...trips.

crunchy frog
On 21/08/2020 at 21:12, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Booked a massive van at Silver Sands mate, all round decking and even a covered bit for us filthy smokers.

That's tremendous hope you get the weather 👌

18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

If someone asks me if I'm going on holiday this year the I would only mention any overseas visits. Any in trips within the UK are just that...trips.

They're all trips. England, Ireland, France and any other country except Scotland, are abroad. 

Regardless of its definition I’m badly missing my foreign trips/holidays. Left a big hole in my life as I generally have a few booked to look forward to and plan for. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Regardless of its definition I’m badly missing my foreign trips/holidays. Left a big hole in my life as I generally have a few booked to look forward to and plan for. 

Same here.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yep, by this time last year we'd had 6 nights in Torremolinos, a long weekend in Brussels and a week in Corfu with a fortnight in Tenerife and another long weekend to Brussels booked. This year we've had 11 nights in Eyemouth and 10 nights coming up split between Lossie/Newtonmore, nae cheap baccy to bring home.

This isn't meant as a slight to Eyemouth, we did enjoy ourselves and hopefully will do in the other 2, just no the same though.