Referees are biased in Scotland, but...

Beast Boy

Today’s BBC Scottish Football Podcast, has revealed that JM has been pulled up for his comments about how biased Scottish Football is. :unsure:

Officials have stated that matches between Rangers and Celtic are “officiated differently”, it’s been stated quite clearly over the years, more than once. 

So Jim is being pulled up by the SFA for saying so.

WTAF?

We all know that what Jim said was absolutely correct. :unsure:

They are stating the rule made up to fine Hearts/Romanov; “utmost good faith” as the reason for trying to pour tons of sand on this.

This sort of shit is the reason I wanted us to take our grievances to court, and why I don’t want us to settle out of court. This is corruption, and this is why I want us to drag Scottish Football in to the spotlight in court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08hrxl5

I’ll tell you what, JM is absolutely spot on about this whole sorry shit-storm too. 

Listen to the podcast, it’s BANG ON THE CASH.

the problem is the sfa are like a rookie a chess player looking for short term gains and ignoring the future

help the old firm to boost scotlands coefficence with the idea they can attract better players and do well in europe than the other clubs

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

the problem is the sfa are like a rookie a chess player looking for short term gains and ignoring the future

help the old firm to boost scotlands coefficence with the idea they can attract better players and do well in europe than the other clubs

JM has been told to shut up by the SFA, for quite rightly pointing out that the Old Firm are treated differently on the park to everyone else... 🤷‍♂️

SectionDJambo

Referees have admitted this themselves over the years. It won’t be too difficult for him to put up a defence.

If he wants to be really cute, he could just wax lyrical about what a gem of a fixture it is, with worldwide appeal, and fully understands the predicament of any referee that has to handle such a passionate fixture. It stands to reason that it should receive special dispensation from our esteemed officials.

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Referees have admitted this themselves over the years. It won’t be too difficult for him to put up a defence.

If he wants to be really cute, he could just wax lyrical about what a gem of a fixture it is, with worldwide appeal, and fully understands the predicament of any referee that has to handle such a passionate fixture. It stands to reason that it should receive special dispensation from our esteemed officials.

Doubt he will do it. Hope he does.... 🙄

tokyowalnut

Just listened to this, Kenny McIntyre is an absolute wholloper. Clearly dislikes Hearts! 

Thought JM talked sense, I was really hoping someone would say something about referees clearly saying that Old Firm games were refereed differently. Daryle Broadfoot comes across as someone still on the Hampden payroll. 

Sure it was NF L who identified impact of crowds on officials in multiples of 10ks support and because of it give their officials specific training to offset.

I don't think they even bother to try to hide the bias anymore...It is now all about balancing the see-saw so that over the course of the season neither OF is left feeling cheated vis the other. The rest of us are just there to be whipping boys.

Weakened Offender

Remember MOTD showed an Old Firm match live years ago. Lineker and that gormless pleb Lawrenson were visibly shocked at how brutal it was. Hansen lapped it up saying this was proper football. There was a discussion about how lenient the referee had been and Hansen argued forcefully that this fixture needed to be refereed differently or there would be no players left. 

I think it was a couple of years after we had 4 players sent off at Ibrox. 🙄

Dallas Green
5 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Just listened to this, Kenny McIntyre is an absolute wholloper. Clearly dislikes Hearts! 

Thought JM talked sense, I was really hoping someone would say something about referees clearly saying that Old Firm games were refereed differently. Daryle Broadfoot comes across as someone still on the Hampden payroll. 

I've thought that about Kenny Macintyre too. The last few episodes of the podcast he has come across a bit of a prick towards us. 

Not a fan of Broadfoot either. Most times I've heard him he's just annoyed me 😂

john thomas
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Peterhead manager Jim McInally 

Really curious why the OP would assume we would all know who he was referring to

3 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

JM? Jim who?

The Peterhead manager who said he hoped Budge got what was coming to her, or words to that effect. 

I'm still raging at this incident ! Diving ******* !

If the boot was on the other foot there would have not been a penalty kick awarded.

Because of my anger on this I've been reminded of the 1998 and 2012 Cup final penalties, difference is though a foul was committed.

We shouldn't have to burst blood vessels in this type of debate, everyone outwith Rangers and celtic know they are both treated with extra respect from the officials when it matters.

I've witnessed my fair share of incredible decisions given against us over the years but this one from last seasons Cup final really does hurt and angers me the most.

IMG_20200605_193307.jpg

10 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I'm still raging at this incident ! Diving ******* !

If the boot was on the other foot there would have not been a penalty kick awarded.

Because of my anger on this I've been reminded of the 1998 and 2012 Cup final penalties, difference is though a foul was committed.

We shouldn't have to burst blood vessels in this type of debate, everyone outwith Rangers and celtic know they are both treated with extra respect from the officials when it matters.

I've witnessed my fair share of incredible decisions given against us over the years but this one from last seasons Cup final really does hurt and angers me the most.

IMG_20200605_193307.jpg

I agree with you on that feckers dive. It was an absolute scandal that a penalty was given when he clearly threw his right leg at Bobby, regardless of Bobbys initial hesitation.

To be honest the lack of anger by the Hearts support at the time, and subsequently, is what allows the old firm to get these decisions. We should have went fecking mental.

28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I agree with you on that feckers dive. It was an absolute scandal that a penalty was given when he clearly threw his right leg at Bobby, regardless of Bobbys initial hesitation.

To be honest the lack of anger by the Hearts support at the time, and subsequently, is what allows the old firm to get these decisions. We should have went fecking mental.

I think decisions like that one in particular shows their bias.

It was a Cup final, not a game that you make huge calls in if you're not 100% sure or can see it clearly.

Collum couldn't see that clearly from his angle so he couldn't have been 100%, even if it were a foul. Had that been at the other end, there'd be absolutely no chance he'd have give it purely down to the fact he didn't have a clear view. 

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Really curious why the OP would assume we would all know who he was referring to

Tbh, the OP did give his name.

20200624_021429.jpg

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think decisions like that one in particular shows their bias.

It was a Cup final, not a game that you make huge calls in if you're not 100% sure or can see it clearly.

Collum couldn't see that clearly from his angle so he couldn't have been 100%, even if it were a foul. Had that been at the other end, there'd be absolutely no chance he'd have give it purely down to the fact he didn't have a clear view. 

I've been saying this for a while but there is easily enough money in European football to have a central refereeing association. This would mean that every referee who is qualified to officiate top flight fixtures is professional (i.e it is their career) and can be assigned a league for a set period of time (for example 1 season). This removes any allegation of bias and allows countries who have a weak domestic game a chance for their officials to manage big games. It would streamline refereeing standards and acknowledge their importance to the game. You could have a wide array of nationalities assigned at once, e.g Albanian, Spanish, German, Swiss, Belgian. It works fine in Europe games, so why not try and expand it and look to improve domestic refereeing standards. 

To pay for it you could literally ring fence half a percent of every nations TV deal. Just taking England for an example that would be £8,325,000 right off the bat. The outcome is a highly professional organisation that professionalises and adds credibility to European Refereeing.

I think in Scotland we don't have a robust enough refereeing association. Isn't every FIFA listed referee from Glasgow (Collum, Madden, Beaton, Clancy, Dallas(?), I'm sure theres five. Anyway, the bias is clear as day. By that they are saying there isn't one referee in the Highland association, or Lothians, or Dundee that is good enough?

Okay, what are Glasgow doing differently? Show me the ratings of the referees in the various non-Glasgow association and show where they are failing and Glasgow is succeeding. I don't think it can be done because it would show a clear bias. 

I think it must be incredibly disheartening for the non-Glasgow refs to work their arses off to become referees and hit a ceiling where they can't progress further because Glasgow is given preferential treatment. A central body would remove domestic bias as there would be no incentive to promote referees of one association above another (domestically).

6 hours ago, john thomas said:

Thought I’d put the link in to the OP, and a tag line. 

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, OTT said:

I've been saying this for a while but there is easily enough money in European football to have a central refereeing association. This would mean that every referee who is qualified to officiate top flight fixtures is professional (i.e it is their career) and can be assigned a league for a set period of time (for example 1 season). This removes any allegation of bias and allows countries who have a weak domestic game a chance for their officials to manage big games. It would streamline refereeing standards and acknowledge their importance to the game. You could have a wide array of nationalities assigned at once, e.g Albanian, Spanish, German, Swiss, Belgian. It works fine in Europe games, so why not try and expand it and look to improve domestic refereeing standards. 

To pay for it you could literally ring fence half a percent of every nations TV deal. Just taking England for an example that would be £8,325,000 right off the bat. The outcome is a highly professional organisation that professionalises and adds credibility to European Refereeing.

I think in Scotland we don't have a robust enough refereeing association. Isn't every FIFA listed referee from Glasgow (Collum, Madden, Beaton, Clancy, Dallas(?), I'm sure theres five. Anyway, the bias is clear as day. By that they are saying there isn't one referee in the Highland association, or Lothians, or Dundee that is good enough?

Okay, what are Glasgow doing differently? Show me the ratings of the referees in the various non-Glasgow association and show where they are failing and Glasgow is succeeding. I don't think it can be done because it would show a clear bias. 

I think it must be incredibly disheartening for the non-Glasgow refs to work their arses off to become referees and hit a ceiling where they can't progress further because Glasgow is given preferential treatment. A central body would remove domestic bias as there would be no incentive to promote referees of one association above another (domestically).

Only problem with that suggestion is that Scottish refs in Italy  Spain etc., very likely to be lynched when reffing a team in blue or green.