Jump to content
skwif1

Scarves around the funnel podcast

Recommended Posts

Laurie
3 hours ago, skwif1 said:

Hi Laurie.  What day do you do new shows?, I thought it was a Friday as I have listened to some on a lazy Saturday morning. I was expecting one last week (17th) but it never arrived.

When will the next one be ready and can you give any details about the arbitration if you have any information?

 

To be honest we've not had a set routine for a while now, mainly because I've been back at work and Mark is covering Serie A - which means matches to commentate on almost every evening (unfortunately the time difference means during the day I'm at work and he's asleep or at home, then when I'm home he's working). 

 

Thursdays seem to be the best day for us to record at the moment, which means a Friday release. But when we've got a guest on we sometimes have to adjust things to accommodate them. 

 

Don't have any additional info on the arbitration, just what's out there generally I'm afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skwif1

Thanks Laurie. I realise you both have other jobs so I will wait for the next podcast. I am among a group if Jambos who look forward to what you both do. Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew

Enjoyable listen with Robbie, I think we are in safe hands, and I've now rewatched his cup final tackle and the penalty shootout again.

 

:brucey:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laurie
13 hours ago, skwif1 said:

Thanks Laurie. I realise you both have other jobs so I will wait for the next podcast. I am among a group if Jambos who look forward to what you both do. Keep up the good work.

 

Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. FYI - we'll be recording on Friday this week, so the show will be available by Saturday morning. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

 

Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. FYI - we'll be recording on Friday this week, so the show will be available by Saturday morning. 👍

Hi Laurie great job with the podcasts 👍🏻 Is there a way you can turn up the volume slightly of the recordings? I listen at work through Bluetooth speaker normally and struggle to hear some of it. I’m comparing it with sportsound and Clyde super scoreboard which I can both hear fine. Not sure if it’s something that is possible or not, my speaker is up full volume before someone tells me to turn mine up 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laurie
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Hi Laurie great job with the podcasts 👍🏻 Is there a way you can turn up the volume slightly of the recordings? I listen at work through Bluetooth speaker normally and struggle to hear some of it. I’m comparing it with sportsound and Clyde super scoreboard which I can both hear fine. Not sure if it’s something that is possible or not, my speaker is up full volume before someone tells me to turn mine up 😁

 

Afternoon,

 

Was this a recent show? I increased the levels a wee while back after someone mentioned something similar, but this was a good few months ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

 

Afternoon,

 

Was this a recent show? I increased the levels a wee while back after someone mentioned something similar, but this was a good few months ago. 

Hi, yes it has been the last 2 shows, I maybe need a louder Bluetooth speaker though but just thought I would ask as it does seem to be a bit quieter compared to the two I mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Feldy Jambo
On 20/07/2020 at 21:45, Laurie said:

 

To be honest we've not had a set routine for a while now, mainly because I've been back at work and Mark is covering Serie A - which means matches to commentate on almost every evening (unfortunately the time difference means during the day I'm at work and he's asleep or at home, then when I'm home he's working). 

 

Thursdays seem to be the best day for us to record at the moment, which means a Friday release. But when we've got a guest on we sometimes have to adjust things to accommodate them. 

 

Don't have any additional info on the arbitration, just what's out there generally I'm afraid. 

Appreciate all you and Mark do Laurie, great shows to date and some great recent guests. Plenty to talk about in this weeks show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laurie

Latest show now up, covering the Scottish Cup, JJ's return and the Hearts Kit World Cup (YES, we finally went back to it!)

 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scarves-around-the-funnel/id1437841760

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2hKwMAEInTYnqrc0Hs73Xd

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2020/07/24/episode-91-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you/

 

jamtartan74 - let me know what the volume is like for you. I increased it a touch, the problem being in the raw file (before exporting) the levels are almost maxing out and are well in the red - but it then seems to dip a bit in the final .mp3 file after export. Can play around with it some more but I won't pretend to be a pro when it comes to that (all self taught through trial and error!) 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
56 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Latest show now up, covering the Scottish Cup, JJ's return and the Hearts Kit World Cup (YES, we finally went back to it!)

 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scarves-around-the-funnel/id1437841760

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2hKwMAEInTYnqrc0Hs73Xd

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2020/07/24/episode-91-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you/

 

jamtartan74 - let me know what the volume is like for you. I increased it a touch, the problem being in the raw file (before exporting) the levels are almost maxing out and are well in the red - but it then seems to dip a bit in the final .mp3 file after export. Can play around with it some more but I won't pretend to be a pro when it comes to that (all self taught through trial and error!) 

 

 

 

Thanks mate, I will give it a listen on Monday at work and let u know, I drive a forklift and have the noise from that interfering with the sound that’s why I asked about the volume, it just seemed quieter than the other two I mentioned, I won’t really know until I’m at work so will let u know 👍🏻 Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
On 25/07/2020 at 10:08, Laurie said:

Latest show now up, covering the Scottish Cup, JJ's return and the Hearts Kit World Cup (YES, we finally went back to it!)

 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scarves-around-the-funnel/id1437841760

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2hKwMAEInTYnqrc0Hs73Xd

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2020/07/24/episode-91-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you/

 

jamtartan74 - let me know what the volume is like for you. I increased it a touch, the problem being in the raw file (before exporting) the levels are almost maxing out and are well in the red - but it then seems to dip a bit in the final .mp3 file after export. Can play around with it some more but I won't pretend to be a pro when it comes to that (all self taught through trial and error!) 

 

 

 

Hi Laurie just got round to listening to the latest podcast and the volume sounds a lot better now, thanks again 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laurie
13 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Hi Laurie just got round to listening to the latest podcast and the volume sounds a lot better now, thanks again 👍🏻

 

Glad to hear it! I turned it up a bit higher again this week, partly as we had three of us on again which often causes more issues sound wise.

 

The latest show is now available, with sports writer Tony Brown joining us to talk about arbitration, the Hearts team of 1998 and the book that he is currently writing about the triumph that season and what led to it. 

 

Available on most podcast sources, including:

 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/episode-92-jim-hamilton-broke-my-nose/id1437841760?i=1000486660137

 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/52beTOgSAT6xHCewm4EI0P

 

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2020/07/31/episode-92-jim-hamilton-broke-my-nose/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Laurie said:

 

Glad to hear it! I turned it up a bit higher again this week, partly as we had three of us on again which often causes more issues sound wise.

 

The latest show is now available, with sports writer Tony Brown joining us to talk about arbitration, the Hearts team of 1998 and the book that he is currently writing about the triumph that season and what led to it. 

 

Available on most podcast sources, including:

 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/episode-92-jim-hamilton-broke-my-nose/id1437841760?i=1000486660137

 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/52beTOgSAT6xHCewm4EI0P

 

Our website: https://scarvesaroundthefunnel.co.uk/2020/07/31/episode-92-jim-hamilton-broke-my-nose/

 

Thanks bud, will give it a listen over the weekend 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Feldy Jambo

Great show as always, really looking forward to Tony's book coming out in the Autumn.  Recently watched the match again on YouTube, great memories 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laurie

CONFIRMED! 

 

This handsome devil will be joining us on next week's show. 

 

😍

 

0_JS214380646.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
15 minutes ago, Laurie said:

CONFIRMED! 

 

This handsome devil will be joining us on next week's show. 

 

😍

 

0_JS214380646.jpg

 

Looking forward to it. Really enjoyed the Neilson interview!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Ya winner, looking forward to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
On 31/07/2020 at 09:00, Feldy Jambo said:

Great show as always, really looking forward to Tony's book coming out in the Autumn.  Recently watched the match again on YouTube, great memories 

 

 

I'll be buying it, or santa will be sorting it for me. Sounds interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EH23-Jambo

Book (Reminiscing with Legends) is now available to pre order:

 

https://legends98.bigcartel.com/product/reminiscing-with-legends

 

Reminiscing with Legends will be released on Wednesday 4 November 2020. The book is available in both hardback and paperback form, and international shipping is available.

 

DESCRIPTION

For thousands of Heart of Midlothian fans, Saturday 16 May 1998 will forever stand as the greatest day of their football-supporting lives. The day Scottish Cup final victory against the mighty Rangers banished 36 years of trophyless torment. But it was no overnight success story. Everyone involved - not least the shrewd management team and a talented group of players hailing from Loanhead to Lille - had embarked on a compelling journey that ultimately led them to Celtic Park that afternoon.

More than two decades later, Edinburgh-based football writer Anthony Brown takes Jim Jefferies’ heroes of 1998 on a trip down memory lane, bringing fresh insight to the course of events that combined to produce one of the most revered teams in Hearts' proud history. Packed with fascinating detail, anecdotes and emotive reflections, Reminiscing with Legends encapsulates life at Tynecastle in the mid-to-late 1990s and explores how a Hearts side that will be idolised for years to come made its indelible mark.

Features a foreword from Hearts’ Scottish Cup-winning goalkeeper Gilles Rousset.

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Edinburgh born and raised, Anthony Brown is a respected and passionate football writer who began his career in the newspaper industry as a 15-year-old reporting on matches for The Pink in 1998. Anthony has written for a variety of Scotland’s leading titles, including The Scotsman, Daily Record, Scotland on Sunday and The Herald, and over the past decade could be found most predominantly in the Edinburgh Evening News covering Hearts and Hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...