SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Unfortunately, the owners, chairmen don’t seem to be any more sensible.

They tend to listen a bit more when the cash is discussed 

Ethan Hunt
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I cannot see a scenario where our court action is for anything other than compensation.

You’d better let Ann Budge know.

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many folk where behind it tbh, but talk of putting our lot in with rangers clouded the issue somewhat. 

That was never on the cards. 

If there is a case, she will pursue it 100 % and all this work she has done-like you say, if unsuccessful is just evidence of our due dulligence trail in prep for the court. 

Rangers aim was always different from ours. That doesn’t mean that we won’t be using some of Rangers dossier in our case though.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Rangers aim was always different from ours. That doesn’t mean that we won’t be using some of Rangers dossier in our case though.

The Rangers dossier will have forced the SPFL  to seek further legal advice.

Hence the probability they have now been advised differently on Hearts prospects of success.

Jim McInally of Peterhead truly is a prat..we have to pay the price blah blah..no regard for lower league clubs and he still thinks they would be relegated even tough they would be in the same league League 1...we are bullies !!

While admitting sympathy for Hearts’ position, Peterhead boss Jim McInally has revealed that it hasn’t sat comfortably with him that Budge has been in charge of possible league reconstruction.

“Self-interest is the biggest problem when it comes to any major decision in any business in any walk of life,” he told the Evening Express.

“So to put her in charge of something that directly affects her football club was the wrong thing to do for a start.

“I know she’ll come out and say we’re still in the same league because there will only be three leagues and it will still be League One. But no matter what way she wants to look at it it’s still a relegation.

“Nationally there’s hardly a mention of it because nobody seems to care about Peterhead, Cove, Clyde, Forfar and Stranraer. I hope everyone involved will fight this because she’s shown no regard for part-time football and part-time clubs.

“Hopefully we can make her pay the price for that. Nobody wants Hearts to relegated. But if it comes down to Hearts being relegated rather than Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar or Stranraer or Cove being denied promotion then we need to fight and show she can’t come and bully us.”

Can anyone explain to me how having the championship start in January is going to work?

If we remain expelled, we will be asking our current players to remain at Tynecastle, but play no football for a total of at least 9 months. Sure, we will have to pay them, but if you were a professional footballer, would you want to stay?

Then there are the players we want to sign. We are going to try and sign players over the summer and say don't sign for another team in the premiership or England who can actually offer games of football. Instead, come and do training with us for 6 months.

Then of course, we probably have to try an buy players on the 1st of January, because we have a game to play on the 2nd and only 5 players on our books.

It really is utter nonsense.

maroonsgotop
56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What a hypocrite - his preference was for no relegation but now he seems determined we go down to the Championship.  I hope not one Jambo visits his shitehole of a stadium. Obviously that decision may be taken away from us anyway.

The bitterness / hatred from clubs that are not even a rival to us has been a real eye opener, and will not be forgotten for a long, long time. 

that's why we need to stay away from their grounds. I find it mind blowing that any Hearts fan would pay their hard earned cash to (financially) support these cretins

Heartsmad1874

Peter Lawwell and Roy McGregor are on the Zoom call alongside the SPFL/SFA talking with the Scottish government, why are two non elected board members representing the clubs🤨

Edited by Heartsmad1874

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Jim McInally of Peterhead truly is a prat..we have to pay the price blah blah..no regard for lower league clubs and he still thinks they would be relegated even tough they would be in the same league League 1...we are bullies !!

While admitting sympathy for Hearts’ position, Peterhead boss Jim McInally has revealed that it hasn’t sat comfortably with him that Budge has been in charge of possible league reconstruction.

“Self-interest is the biggest problem when it comes to any major decision in any business in any walk of life,” he told the Evening Express.

“So to put her in charge of something that directly affects her football club was the wrong thing to do for a start.

“I know she’ll come out and say we’re still in the same league because there will only be three leagues and it will still be League One. But no matter what way she wants to look at it it’s still a relegation.

“Nationally there’s hardly a mention of it because nobody seems to care about Peterhead, Cove, Clyde, Forfar and Stranraer. I hope everyone involved will fight this because she’s shown no regard for part-time football and part-time clubs.

“Hopefully we can make her pay the price for that. Nobody wants Hearts to relegated. But if it comes down to Hearts being relegated rather than Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar or Stranraer or Cove being denied promotion then we need to fight and show she can’t come and bully us.”

From Monday the SPFL takes charge of the Reconstruction. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Rangers dossier will have forced the SPFL  to seek further legal advice.

Hence the probability they have now been advised differently on Hearts prospects of success.

Yip, tbh it saved us a bit work should we go to court and the fact it wasn't ours will help. 

A third party also having serious concerns in a document just adds a bit weight should it get to the nitty gritty. 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

South Korea who have been on the ball, in containment, have shut all the schools again after a fresh outbreak, Japan has done the same more locally, We have zero chance of football being played this side of Christmas with fans?

Spot on unless we somehow find a vaccine that works, the infection rate has went down but you watch it will go back up again. 

Don't agree with sending kids to school if I'm honest, don't buy into the thought that kids are more immune and can survive if they get it. 

And in my opinion they shouldn't be used as science projects, to see what the outcome is. 

Disgusted with how both Sturgeon and Johnson, have went about everything but that's a totally different matter. 

But you are spot on mate 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Never seen anything from AB that has ever made me think we wouldn't go to court if didn't achieve an acceptable compromise.

Nether have I. I have been wanting everything Hearts tried to fail because I have always got from Ann that if that happened there was no doubt where we would end up. I fear this passing and the fish getting of the hook.  

manaliveits105

Is he fronting the Ayr Board and the Ayr Casuals, simultaneously?

“Just because they are better than the rest of us doesn’t mean that they get special rules,” he told The Times. “They are bigger than Livingston. They are bigger than St Johnstone. They are bigger than Hamilton. Well, guess what? They finished in last place.”

The important word in that statement is "finished" - the league was not finished ya feckin dullard and in nobody's world is it fair to expel teams and cause financial detriment in a world pandemic 

(except the fraudulent spfl and weegia lowlife)

your club will reap what you've sown 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Unlike the SPFL Board whose members had direct interest in finishing the season and relegating us and others?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

From Monday the SPFL takes charge of the Reconstruction. 

And they are right, we don't care about those clubs. Those clubs should not be part of the SPFL which can prevent changes for the good of Scottish Football.

They are complaining about self interest etc, OK what do you propose instead? 

3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Nether have I. I have been wanting everything Hearts tried to fail because I have always got from Ann that if that happened there was no doubt where we would end up. I fear this passing and the fish getting of the hook.  

I don’t think that there is any doubt that if this does not pass the next step is court. She knows she has “marched the club and the support to the top of the hill” with this. There is no other place to go. If our action sees c,ubs going bust then that’s their problem. They got what they asked for in spades.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I don’t think that there is any doubt that if this does not pass the next step is court. She knows she has “marched the club and the support to the top of the hill” with this. There is no other place to go. If our action sees c,ubs going bust then that’s their problem. They got what they asked for in spades.

Do you think court action is in Budge’s nature though? I don’t. I honestly reckon it won’t happen. I think she’ll consider the carnage it will cause and back off. Feels to me like we’ve played all our cards.

braveheart
2 hours ago, Uberjambo said:

The boycott table/hate list could be updated on a weekly basis, Sunday teatime maybe 🙂

My current one is 

1     Dundee

2     Ayr Utd

3     Peterhead

4     St Mirren

5     Ross County

6     Cowdenbeath

7     Stenhousemuir

8     Dunfermline

9     Dundee Utd

10   Raith Rovers 

No doubt there are many more who can feature. Not Hibs for me, we own them. Lots of time for the latest wannabee to shoot to number 1 in the charts.

Queen of the south top of my hate list!

Saint Jambo
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nobody cares about Stranraer! That would be the same Stranraer that Peterhead happily voted to kick out of their league and into league 2? This reconstruction would give a club like Peterhead a much better opportunity to win League 1 and get into the Championship next season, but too short sighted to see that.

The only reason Budge is leading this is that the other clubs shrugged their shoulders after sticking the boot into clubs like Stranraer.

I really will dance on the graves of some of these clubs if they go bust (and I really hope they do).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Nobody cares about Stranraer! That would be the same Stranraer that Peterhead happily voted to kick out of their league and into league 2? This reconstruction would give a club like Peterhead a much better opportunity to win League 1 and get into the Championship next season, but too short sighted to see that.

The only reason Budge is leading this is that the other clubs shrugged their shoulders after sticking the boot into clubs like Stranraer.

I really will dance on the graves of some of these clubs if they go bust (and I really hope they do).

I don’t think we can deny though that we would be one of the main beneficiaries of reconstruction. No-one else is obligated to accept it. We’re desperate for it because it stops us going down but I know for a fact that if we were in sixth, I wouldn’t be remotely bothered about a temporary shuffle of the leagues, regardless of what it meant for other clubs.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do you think court action is in Budge’s nature though? I don’t. I honestly reckon it won’t happen. I think she’ll consider the carnage it will cause and back off. Feels to me like we’ve played all our cards.

It's not about nature. 

If there is a case she'll go forward, if not she won't. 

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It's got nothing to do with what's in her nature and everything to do with whether there is a case in law that Harts has been wronged. 

She's nailed her colours to the mast - here's a way out, take it or we go to court. 

Pasquale for King

Just watched the interview with Richard Masters the EPL CEO, well informed and clear answers about everything he was asked. No questions were off limits, he couldn’t answer some due to confidentiality. I couldn’t find what his wage is but he seems much better value for money than Doncaster anyway.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

It's got nothing to do with what's in her nature and everything to do with whether there is a case in law that Harts has been wronged. 

She's nailed her colours to the mast - here's a way out, take it or we go to court. 

I don’t agree. I think nature is definitely relevant.

Put it this way - QC advice has evidently indicated that there is a case. So on that basis, and using your premise, we’re 100% going to court.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t think we can deny though that we would be one of the main beneficiaries of reconstruction. No-one else is obligated to accept it. We’re desperate for it because it stops us going down but I know for a fact that if we were in sixth, I wouldn’t be remotely bothered about a temporary shuffle of the leagues, regardless of what it meant for other clubs.

I don't believe that to be true. We are simply correcting a horrendous wrong made when we were expelled.

The main beneficiaries would potentially be ICT who gain promotion without having to negotiate play-offs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Just watched the interview with Richard Masters the EPL CEO, well informed and clear answers about everything he was asked. No questions were off limits, he couldn’t answer some due to confidentiality. I couldn’t find what his wage is but he seems much better value for money than Doncaster anyway.

It’s not a great comparison tbf. The Premier League is 20 clubs, all of whom operate in a similar way, share the same central financial deals and are run professionally. Much easier to control.

Doncaster is an utter dick though. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can't speak for everyone. 

I've always wanted a larger league. 

The 3 fixtures that are uneven before the split is utter shite and imo makes the league a bit of a joke. 

Playing a team 4 times is also shite. 

I wouldn't care as much, granted but I would still think it was unfair to demote teams. 

Also, given the bigger picture for all clubs going forward it would still be a concern even if we were 6th.

My view on the governing body hasn't changed, incompetent doesn't cover that lot. 

David Black

If Scottish football comes out this , no matter how recon is resolved. it will be a massively wasted opportunity if we fail to totally restructure Scottish football. Aside from the main issue this has highlighted the utter shambles of an organisation the SFA/SPFL is, how the entire game and league structure revolves round 2 clubs and the TV deal that that gets. There is no thought for the paying customer, the vast majority of players want change as well. In a population of 5 million we have 42 senior clubs ( I use that phrase tongue in cheek) , whilst England with a population of around 55 million has 92 clubs. That in a nutshell highlights the utter stupidity of our game. It is time the Sports Minister got of his erse and started to get involved. This is our national sport , per head of population the most supported league in Europe, yet we are a shambles. There should be 2 leagues of16  teams, playing each other twice and negotiate a TV deal based on that. All clubs then cut their cloth accordingly. The least considered people at present are the paying customer . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't believe that to be true. We are simply correcting a horrendous wrong made when we were expelled.

The main beneficiaries would potentially be ICT who gain promotion without having to negotiate play-offs.

ICT at least budget for the division they’re currently in. The impact on us is far greater.

Craig Young

Slightly off topic but it was mentioned a couple of pages back.

I really like the idea if a FOH app that accepts and hoc payments. I already have a DD with them but I would be happy to donate on a match day for instance. I don't go to the footy anymore but like the idea of being able to contribute on a whim as opposed to going through the hassle of changing direct debits. I think people in my position would go for it.

Is this in the pipeline?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s not a great comparison tbf. The Premier League is 20 clubs, all of whom operate in a similar way, share the same central financial deals and are run professionally. Much easier to control.

Doncaster is an utter dick though. 

Yeah probably, the guy was impressive, clear concise answers. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Put it this way - QC advice has evidently indicated that there is a case. So on that basis, and using your premise, we’re 100% going to court.

I think so. 

Only Reconstruction or a large pay off would stop that. 

Everything to gain and nothing to lose. 

I'll Be really interested on the exact point(s) of law we go in on and why we think we'll win. 

I think she is actually gearing up for court and this latest round of reconstruction talks is just us evidencing more for our case. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So on that basis, and using your premise, we’re 100% going to court. - read ABs statement. In her own words , not mine, the course has been clearly set. What is in her statement that you don't understand ? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I think so. 

Only Reconstruction or a large pay off would stop that. 

Everything to gain and nothing to lose. 

I'll Be really interested on the exact point(s) of law we go in on and why we think we'll win. 

I think she is actually gearing up for court and this latest round of reconstruction talks is just us evidencing more for our case. 

It looks that way. Interesting to see. Not convinced she’ll press the button though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

So on that basis, and using your premise, we’re 100% going to court. - read ABs statement. In her own words , not mine, the course has been clearly set. What is in her statement that you don't understand ? 

There’s a difference between saying it and doing it. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, David Black said:

If Scottish football comes out this , no matter how recon is resolved. it will be a massively wasted opportunity if we fail to totally restructure Scottish football. Aside from the main issue this has highlighted the utter shambles of an organisation the SFA/SPFL is, how the entire game and league structure revolves round 2 clubs and the TV deal that that gets. There is no thought for the paying customer, the vast majority of players want change as well. In a population of 5 million we have 42 senior clubs ( I use that phrase tongue in cheek) , whilst England with a population of around 55 million has 92 clubs. That in a nutshell highlights the utter stupidity of our game. It is time the Sports Minister got of his erse and started to get involved. This is our national sport , per head of population the most supported league in Europe, yet we are a shambles. There should be 2 leagues of16  teams, playing each other twice and negotiate a TV deal based on that. All clubs then cut their cloth accordingly. The least considered people at present are the paying customer . 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Correct. 

Opportunity v actual, tangible loss. 

Even denying Utd promotion would not change their circumstance. 

Our entire circumstances are being changed to benefit others, voted by 

.. Them. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Inverness

Maybe Morton (from the interview posted)

Maybe Aberdeen. Can't think of anyone else. 

Just a follow up on this. There are of course other things such as press releases and media comments to take into account, but in the two major votes so far, firstly the original vote to end the season early and then the vote to investigate the SPFL, as far as I can see, the following clubs voted against reorganisation and for the investigation:

Rangers

Hearts

ICT

Partick

Falkirk

East Fife (who must be commended for their approach that although they weren't affected themselves, they didn't want to see any teams relegated)

Stranraer

Edinburgh City

The following clubs voted to terminate the season early but also to investigate the SPFL: Aberdeen, Livingston, Forfar, Annan, Stenhousemuir (I know, Stenhousemuir most probably gets passed into the "against us" column due to Findlay's comments).

annushorribilis III
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Stop wasting my time.

20 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The SPFL/SFA will step in and force it, or something similar through, before it gets to that stage. Nap.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Stop wasting my time.

I don’t imagine your time on here is worth much

8 minutes ago, David Black said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Far too many "professional" leagues with far too many teams full stop. 

As for 2 leagues of 16, spot on. No split, no playing teams 4 times a season in the league. 

hughesie27
11 minutes ago, Craig Young said:

Slightly off topic but it was mentioned a couple of pages back.

I really like the idea if a FOH app that accepts and hoc payments. I already have a DD with them but I would be happy to donate on a match day for instance. I don't go to the footy anymore but like the idea of being able to contribute on a whim as opposed to going through the hassle of changing direct debits. I think people in my position would go for it.

Is this in the pipeline?

You can make 1 off donations on thr FoH site.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The SPFL/SFA will step in and force it, or something similar through, before it gets to that stage. Nap.

That's what is happening,  this was a chance for grown ups to talk,  but spurned again 

Heartsmad1874
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Think theres no way Ann can accept relegation lying down, if she is receiving advice that she has a case on many points then the money we would spend on this court case far outweighs the millions the club are going to lose. 

What disappoints me is Ann and Hearts seems to be the only one pushing for this where is Partick,Falkirk,Inverness etc? The silence from these is deafening especially when the proposal benefits them. Instead we have tinpot clubs like Cowdenbeath shouting it down.

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That's like saying that I've been burgled, but the insurance payout means I'm getting a benefit.

You can't say that we are beneficiaries without taking into account that we've previously been completely shafted.

Heartsmad1874
9 minutes ago, gavin1985 said:

Couldn't agree more. 

As for 2 leagues of 16, spot on. No split, no playing teams 4 times a season in the league. 

Tell that to Sky and there goes the TV deal or we’d get a reduced package because of the reduction of their biggest selling point.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, gavin1985 said:

Couldn't agree more. 

As Strachan said (and I don’t like to agree with him), a load of clubs are pretending to be professional without being anything of the sort. In terms of those that go bust, they can restart but they need to restart with a completely different mindset. A load of these clubs don’t even have full accounts on Companies House and don’t seem to operate like proper businesses.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

That's like saying that I've been burgled, but the insurance payout means I'm getting a benefit.

You can't say that we are beneficiaries without taking into account that we've previously been completely shafted.

No it’s like saying you’ve been burgled so the rest of the street have to do something about it. It would be nice and decent if they did but really, they’re obligated to do zilch.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Tell that to Sky and there goes the TV deal or we’d get a reduced package because of the reduction of their biggest selling point.

That's why the deal needs to be negotiated again. 

This BS because that what it is BS of the "but 4 OF games for TV deals" must end. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )