Rudi Skacel goals

merrymac

Apologies if this has been posted before , but thought worth it again  to cheer us in this difficult time. It has certainly thoroughly brightened my day.

Seriously what a finisher !!

We all know about his famous left peg, but his ability to be in the right position in the box and pick up scraps was phenomenal.

Watching all these goals at once let you see why he was an absolute legend with us Hearts fans.

Enjoy !!

John Findlay

Am I correct in saying that in his first season with us. All the goals he scored at Tynecastle were at the school end, that's the Roseburn Stand end for younger viewers?

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Am I correct in saying that in his first season with us. All the goals he scored at Tynecastle were at the school end, that's the Roseburn Stand end for younger viewers?

I am sure that is mentioned in one of the commentary clips John

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Aye his first at Gorgie End was in his hat trick v St Mirren in 5/2 win IIRC

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That could well be correct.  We always seemed to shoot that way in the 1st half, then took the foot off the gas 2nd half with the game already won.  

I think we may have gone the whole league season without conceding a goal at the Gorgie end?  Or first half goal? 

Great memories. Thanks for posting. First time, we were almost unstoppable. How I long for those days once again. 

48 goals in 109 games is a truly extraordinary return for a left sided midfielder that wasn't playing for a top team.

Skacel 0.44 goals per game for Hearts

Gazza 0.38 goals per game for Rangers

Laudrup 0.29 goals per game for Rangers

Enough said.

Edited by Bruno

7 minutes ago, Bruno said:

48 goals in 109 games is a truly extraordinary return for a left sided midfielder that wasn't playing for a top team.

Skacel 0.44 goals per game for Hearts

Gazza 0.38 goals per game for Rangers

Laudrup 0.29 goals per game for Rangers

Enough said.

WTF? 😉

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Interesting trivia.

His first goal at the Gorgie End came at the end of the 07-08 season. During Robbie Nelson's testimonial.

His first competitive goal was in a 3-0 vs St Mirren I think.

3 hours ago, merrymac said:

Apologies if this has been posted before , but thought worth it again  to cheer us in this difficult time. It has certainly thoroughly brightened my day.

Seriously what a finisher !!

We all know about his famous left peg, but his ability to be in the right position in the box and pick up scraps was phenomenal.

Watching all these goals at once let you see why he was an absolute legend with us Hearts fans.

Enjoy !!

what a player truly one of our greats, what a partnership with PH and what a team we had.
great memories there mate enjoyed that very much cheers.

I honestly can't recall seeing a player whose ratio of shots from outside the box to shots on target was so high. The blend of power and accuracy in that left foot was something else. Brilliant football player. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

WTF? 😉

Mart?

was it not said at the time (2005/06) that Rudi only played for half a game (if it suited him)?

In saying that, he only needed 45 mins to do the damage,

I think that @Bruno was actually making a pretty fair comparison with regard to players such as Gascoigne and Laudrup.

Beautiful stuff. Made me really miss that guy though! One of the best strikers of the ball with their left peg  I've ever seen. 

The fact he loved a goal against hibs and St Mirren only made him more of a legend. 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Mart?

was it not said at the time (2005/06) that Rudi only played for half a game (if it suited him)?

In saying that, he only needed 45 mins to do the damage,

I think that @Bruno was actually making a pretty fair comparison with regard to players such as Gascoigne and Laudrup.

I was joking, bud. Hence the winking (no jokes, please) emoji. 

I mean, the mere suggestion that playing for Heart of Midlothian "wasn't playing for a top team". 

All in jest toward @Bruno

Rudi rules...

...apart from Robbo. 

12 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Remember it well.

I had a County-supporting mate with me that day.  I didn’t realise it was his first - it was the guy beside me who said.

Never apologise OP. I will never get bored of watching a montage of Rudi's goals.

For the younger fans who never got to really see Robbo, Rudi is our hero of our time.

And for those who got to see a prime Robbo, and Rudi? All I can say is, you bunch of jammy *****.

John Findlay
21 minutes ago, Locky said:

Never apologise OP. I will never get bored of watching a montage of Rudi's goals.

For the younger fans who never got to really see Robbo, Rudi is our hero of our time.

And for those who got to see a prime Robbo, and Rudi? All I can say is, you bunch of jammy *****.

Some of us got to see Donald Ford too.

12 hours ago, martoon said:

I was joking, bud. Hence the winking (no jokes, please) emoji. 

I mean, the mere suggestion that playing for Heart of Midlothian "wasn't playing for a top team". 

All in jest toward @Bruno

Rudi rules...

...apart from Robbo. 

Sorry, my mistake.

I should have known better.  :sad: 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, my mistake.

I should have known better.  :sad: 

No probs, my friend. 👍

Heard from a now sadly departed fellow Jambo, Skacel was not well known for his love of "physical training". Spent most days shooting and practicing dead ball situations. Sounds like RS was in that breed of player such as Jim Baxter, Wullie Hamilton, Jimmy Johnstone to name but a few!!

You know one of the best games I saw Rudi play was the 4 nil semi against the Hubs, he had to move to left back as Goncalves ( spelling) was stretched off. He worked his socks off that day very un Rudi like....😁😁

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

``someone will be along the now showing off saying they seen the Trio as well :sadrobbo:

heartsfc_fan

My favourite player of modern times. Absolute class.

Just wish he'd got another couple for a half century. Ah well.

Just phenomenal. Brings it all back watching it. One touch, bang. One touch past a defender then smash of a left foot. He loved us and by god, did we love him ❤️.

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

``someone will be along the now showing off saying they seen the Trio as well :sadrobbo:

Age sometimes has advantages 😉

colinmaroon

Watched them again last night and if ever there was a list of stunning goals . . . . 

We were blessed to have him.

PS What was his scoring record with other teams?

22 hours ago, John Findlay said:

And some of us got to see Willie Wallace too

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Bickfest said:

And some of us got to see Willie Wallace too

Excellent, only remember him in a Celtic shirt.

gorgie rd eh11

Rudi gave me many adrenaline rushes. Very underrated by the rest of Scottish football, they couldn't see past him being part of bad Vlad's Hearts.

eyesandears

The fact his GOALS clips highlights takes over 30 minutes to watch says it all. What a left peg, what a player and most importantly a DOUBLE Scottish Cup winner. Take a bow son,