Reserve game today at Oriam v Dundee

Naisysback

Reserves have a game today at Riccarton, 1pm kick off if anyone is looking for something to do, go along and have a wee watch. Would imagine there will be some of the 1st team squad in there today.

7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Presumably a “friendly” as Dundee don’t play in the Reserve League?

think so m8 as the reserves weren't scheduled for a game this week. Might get to see some injured players coming back or some of the 1st team who need some minutes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Low key testimonial.

Might have enough to get a pint and a basket supper out of it :)

Footballfirst

2-0 Hearts at half time. 

Flatman with a worldie strike from 25 yards an Avdijaj with  penalty. 

Stone

Brandon Flatman Darge Logan

Avdijaj Langer Cochrane Damour McDonald 

Makavora

Edited by Footballfirst

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

51mins 3-0 Avdijaj 

Good to see him scoring - any thoughts on how he is playing?

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good to see him scoring - any thoughts on how he is playing?

Poor first half, but much better second half playing more of a no 10 role. 

Now 3-1 halfway through the second half. 

Smith Ward and "Max"  on for Makavora Brandon and McDonald

Niemi’s gloves

As a matter of interest who is in the dugout? Is Liam Fox doing his usual reserve manager job or are Stendel/Kirk etc involved given several first team squad players involved?

Also on  Callum Flatman, is he now a fully signed pro Hearts player? I don’t think he was one of the summer intake but he turned 16 on January 13 and I see that he has three Scotland caps at under 16 level.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

4-2 Darge

Seems to be a few goals flying in. Are they playing gorgie-press style?

jamboinglasgow
43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is that Max back again after we tried to sign him during the Summer?

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that Max back again after we tried to sign him during the Summer?

I think he comes across at school holidays.  I'm sure he's still only 17 so we can't sign him yet because of FIFA international transfer restrictions.  Once he is 18 (in May I think) he should be free to sign, but then we will get into the visa restrictions as he is from outside the EU.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I think he comes across at school holidays.  I'm sure he's still only 17 so we can't sign him yet because on FIFA international transfer restrictions.  Once he is 18 (in May I think) he should be free to sign, but then we will get into the visa restrictions as he is from outside the EU.

could be interesting as we are now out with the EU as well

Footballfirst
49 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

As a matter of interest who is in the dugout? Is Liam Fox doing his usual reserve manager job or are Stendel/Kirk etc involved given several first team squad players involved?

Also on  Callum Flatman, is he now a fully signed pro Hearts player? I don’t think he was one of the summer intake but he turned 16 on January 13 and I see that he has three Scotland caps at under 16 level.

Liam Fox was in charge, with Craig Levein standing alongside the dugout.

Stendel and Seivers were watching from the other side of the pitch.

I think Callum is still at school (Balerno), but I'm sure that Hearts will have given the school an indication that he will be getting a full time contract and therefore are happy to let him play during the day.

53 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

“Max” is like vanacek x100. He’s been kicking about our first team since he was about 13. I fully expect him to be the next Messi, although he’s presumably not signed to another professional team at the age of 17.

I remember when his name floated about the last time I did some searching for him and there wasn’t a trace of him online. 

Footballfirst

I thought the scoreline was a fair reflection on the play, with Hearts largely dominating play but never in complete control.

I don't think that the constant high press helped them in that regard.  It seems to be that even in possession Hearts try to play at 100mph and thus don't retain possession for long.  Pressing is all well and good, but it all seems too frantic, rather than measured. There were a few tired bodies out there by the end and I think that contributed to the goals that were conceded. 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think he comes across at school holidays.  I'm sure he's still only 17 so we can't sign him yet because of FIFA international transfer restrictions.  Once he is 18 (in May I think) he should be free to sign, but then we will get into the visa restrictions as he is from outside the EU.

EU Visa restrictions don't come in until 1 Jan 2021 at earliest. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

EU Visa restrictions don't come in until 1 Jan 2021 at earliest. 

He will still have to get a work permit if he signs before the end of the transition period, which I don't think would be automatic given his age and nationality.

Let's hope we don't get into problems with Boris' points based immigration policy.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought the scoreline was a fair reflection on the play, with Hearts largely dominating play but never in complete control.

I don't think that the constant high press helped them in that regard.  It seems to be that even in possession Hearts try to play at 100mph and thus don't retain possession for long.  Pressing is all well and good, but it all seems too frantic, rather than measured. There were a few tired bodies out there by the end and I think that contributed to the goals that were conceded. 

How did Cochrane look?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

How did Cochrane look?

He showed a bit more energy in putting himself about a bit more that I have seen from him lately, but it was a mixed bag of nice touches, a few well worked one-twos,  some misplaced passes and giving silly fouls away.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He showed a bit more energy in putting himself about a bit more that I have seen from him lately, but it was a mixed bag of nice touches, a few well worked one-twos,  some misplaced passes and giving silly fouls away.

Cheers, good he looked slightly better & hopefully he can get back on track. When I used to make it along to the reserves he used to be head & shoulders above everyone else. Still young enough to get it back though. 

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Flatman looks a real prospect given his age. Would have scored a second today if not for a great save by Jack Hamilton. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Langer or Damour any good?

7 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Cheers, good he looked slightly better & hopefully he can get back on track. When I used to make it along to the reserves he used to be head & shoulders above everyone else. Still young enough to get it back though. 

He was captain today and did a decent job. Was more involved than normal. Still growing upwards but not putting any meat in the bones so comes across as lightweight. Still too much interaction with officials for me. Couple of fouls today that would have been yellows if it hadn’t been a friendly. Still got lots of talent, as has Smith, but for some reason both struggling to display it. Similar story with McDonald, disappointing and pretty anonymous today, makes it even stranger that he started at Parkhead. 
Thought Avdijaj, second half, was excellent. Langer put in a shift but looks like he is carrying a bit too much around his middle. Damour just going through the motions, got involved when he felt like it. 

Edited by soonbe110

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think Callum is still at school (Balerno), but I'm sure that Hearts will have given the school an indication that he will be getting a full time contract and therefore are happy to let him play during the day.

Good to see the manager and his assistant were there, not so much the ex manager.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Good to see the manager and his assistant were there, not so much the ex manager.

More Hearts employees watching than fans today. Kirk, Haring, Clare, Henderson, Meschino, Walker, Moore, Berra, Irving, White and others spectating. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was captain today and did a decent job. Was more involved than normal. Still growing upwards but not putting any meat in the bones so comes across as lightweight. Still too much interaction with officials for me. Couple of fouls today that would have been yellows if it hadn’t been a friendly. Still got lots of talent, as has Smith, but for some reason both struggling to display it. Similar story with McDonald, disappointing and pretty anonymous today, makes it even stranger that he started at Parkhead. 
Thought Avdijaj, second half, was excellent. Langer put in a shift but looks like he is carrying a bit too much around his middle. Damour just going through the motions, got involved when he felt like it. 

Cheers, appreciated.

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

More Hearts employees watching than fans today. Kirk, Haring, Clare, Henderson, Meschino, Walker, Moore, Berra, Irving, White and others spectating. 

Good to see first team players watching a game like this (but should I add “not so much Berra”)

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Good to see first team players watching a game like this (but should I add “not so much Berra”)

Well, he was wearing a Hearts tracksuit and is still an employee. Presume he trained with us today. 

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Strange comment. Still a Hearts Employee and supporting the youngsters. Don't see any harm in that. 

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Strange comment. Still a Hearts Employee and supporting the youngsters. Don't see any harm in that. 

Yes absolutely agree. Apologies, it was just a not-too-serious dig at a slightly earlier post referring to our ex-manager.

Niemi’s gloves
20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

thanks for answering my questions, FF,  though I rather regret having asked given the reaction the reply has generated on a couple of other threads

Diadora Van Basten
21 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Sean Ward

I was just going to ask what has happened to him as he didn’t start the U18s semi final which seemed bizarre to me as I thought he was their best player.

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

maybe time for Stone to get a game in goal?

I think the hardest position for young players are goalkeeper and centre half’s.

Best to let their bodies develop so that they have the strength rather than throw them in at the deep end.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I was just going to ask what has happened to him as he didn’t start the U18s semi final which seemed bizarre to me as I thought he was their best player.

Injuries and loss of form/confidence this season. 

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Injuries and loss of form/confidence this season. 

I don't think that playing him at left back helps that. He's much more effective further up the park.