Match day mascot

Baillie07

Poor that the club charge imo. Should be free to give the young ones a day out and an experience that they can remember for the rest of their lives, would likely attract more long term fans as well 

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Poor that the club charge imo. Should be free to give the young ones a day out and an experience that they can remember for the rest of their lives, would likely attract more long term fans as well 

Pretty sure that not all the mascots at the game pay, certainly some get drawn from the Junior Jambo membership who don't pay for it.

Charging, as long as it's in addition to this is fine by me.

The cost is not just to be a mascot, there are various gifts for the kid and tickets for parents/guardians.

It's an unforgettable experience for the kid and used to be a "money can't buy' one, not anymore.

Here's what you get.

• Full matchday kit (yours to keep)
  • Three matchday tickets in the Main Stand (for mascot and two guests, one of which must be a parent or guardian)
  • Food and drink kiosk vouchers
  • Photograph of the mascot in the match programme
  • Match programme signed by the first team
  • Mascot’s name read out over the tannoy and displayed on the team sheet
  • Official photos with the match officials, team captains and Jock the Jambo
  • Mascot lanyard and certificate

the sub goalie

My daughter was mascot a few years ago now.

It is expensive but for that you get 3 matchday tickets, a full kit and a tour of the main stand and changing rooms (this may have changed now as it was the old stand when we did it).  You share the experience with the other mascots, sure there we're 4 other mascots that day.  

The thing that slightly irked me was some of the players, there was zero chat when they had their photos, not even a 'Hi, how you doing?'  Now I get, they're preparing for a game but come on, at least acknowledge the mascots, more than likely that kid looks at you as one of their heroes. 

I will say that Calum Paterson was different class, he had time for all the mascots and when my daughter told him he was her favourite player, he made sure that she held his hand when walking the teams out.  I actually dropped Hearts an email praising Calum, at the time he was just a young lad but he really put some of the more experienced players to shame.

Personally, I wouldn't say the experience is great value for money, however it is a memory we will cherish so ultimately worth it.

P.S. Hope you pick a better game than us, Aberdeen pumped us 3-0 😆😙

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

How would they chose who gets to go though?

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Same way jkb decides who gets to go to hospitality, it's a draw 

Sorry, I was referring to the Junior Jambos who get to go, now realise that isn't what you meant.

Edited by graygo

So I’m looking at it for the rangers cup match, it costs £200 and you don’t get the tour (which we have already done ) and don’t get a kick about on the pitch, which I know I would love to do myself let alone my daughter and nephew! I went in to enquire about it and they weren’t all that helpful to be honest. 

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pretty sure that not all the mascots at the game pay, certainly some get drawn from the Junior Jambo membership who don't pay for it.

Charging, as long as it's in addition to this is fine by me.

The cost is not just to be a mascot, there are various gifts for the kid and tickets for parents/guardians.

It's an unforgettable experience for the kid and used to be a "money can't buy' one, not anymore.

Sounds like the mascots get a lot so probably worth the price then

8 minutes ago, Baillie07 said:

So I’m looking at it for the rangers cup match, it costs £200 and you don’t get the tour (which we have already done ) and don’t get a kick about on the pitch, which I know I would love to do myself let alone my daughter and nephew! I went in to enquire about it and they weren’t all that helpful to be honest. 

That's £100 less than for a league game probably due to no kickabout and tour.

Edited by graygo

It’s worth every penny . A memorable day for the kids and the bigger kids that tag along and pay for it . We all absolutely loved it . 
Hopefully I’ll get to take my grandson and my daughter can pay for it . 

WoolfordsHearts
52 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Probably an age limit,so you might be a wee bit too auld..

I'm showing my age here but I was mascot vs Notts forest and was selected by being a kids club member 

club should maybe do it that way instead of charging a fortune for it 

30 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

was selected by being a kids club member 

club should maybe do it that way instead of charging a fortune for it 

They still do this for some positions and paid for others. Win, win...Luck of the draw available to all and valuable extra income for the club from those that can afford it. 

Wee lad was a mascot a couple of years back and had a great time. Went out with Naismith (his favourite player) and he couldn't have been nicer. That said there was a deal on at the time and I got it for £130 if I remember correctly and whole experience money wise was worth more than that, never mind the memories. Not sure I could afford the £300 they charge now. 

My grandson was a mascot at the Airdrie game. An day he'll never forget. Walked out with Steven Naismith as captain. Not cheap but a magical day for him.

Kilmacolm Jambo

It’s an interesting debate as I don’t think it should be there to make money, cover costs fair enough. 

In the Championship season my sons birthday fell on the day we were away to Queen of the South, I emailed them and asked if they allowed away mascots. They were fine with it and as long as Hearts agreed there was no problem. Their normal charge was £50 but as he didn’t need a strip they made it £30 and that included tickets for him, mum and dad. 

On the day, we were welcomed to the stadium and had a kick about on the pitch, shown behind the scenes and he had his pics taken with the players as they finished the warm up. Danny Wilson then took him into the dressing room for the last few minutes and he led the team out the tunnel all the way to the centre circle. 

The Hearts players were great and it was a fab day but Queen of the South went above and beyond and it wasn’t about money. 

38 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

My grandson was a mascot at the Airdrie game. An day he'll never forget. Walked out with Steven Naismith as captain. Not cheap but a magical day for him.

How did you find it as it was the cup game and doesn’t offer the full package? 

21 minutes ago, Baillie07 said:

How did you find it as it was the cup game and doesn’t offer the full package?

Only thing that was missing was the tour but we'd already done it. Was a really good day.

6 hours ago, gorgie rools said:

Only thing that was missing was the tour but we'd already done it. Was a really good day.

Did he get a kick about on the pitch before hand? 

been here before

My laddie won a mascot gig with the Junior Jambos a year or two back. Strip, tour, dressing room pre-kick off while the players were warming up , 3 tickets, kick about with Jock the Jambo, few pics with the players, signed programme and leading the team out.

He loved it which is the main thing but I certainly dont think it worth £300. Id have been a bit pissed off if Id shelled out that amount for what it was.

1 hour ago, Baillie07 said:

Did he get a kick about on the pitch before hand? 

My lad was mascot on Saturday vs Hamilton. He had the time of his life despite the weather. The kick about on the pitch was just a few passes with Jock the Jambo at the touchline on the Wheatfield side. To be honest, I'm not convinced its worth the £300 they charge for league games but as I said, my boy had a great day. Wee behind the scenes tour of the media room, the tunnel, the history alcove etc then over to Wheatfield changing room where they have their strips hung up for them. Kick about on the pitch then the parents go off to their seats and the kids are taken to the home changing room for a look around as the players are out warming up.

17 hours ago, thejts said:

It’s worth every penny . A memorable day for the kids and the bigger kids that tag along and pay for it . We all absolutely loved it . 
Hopefully I’ll get to take my grandson and my daughter can pay for it . 

Good luck with that!😃😃

If your kid loves going to games it’s definitely worth buying them a mascot package. 
As for value for money being the issue see it as a donation to club akin to FoH contribution but in return the child gets a memory for life.

My son did it and loved it. 
My advice would be just make sure they are old enough to remember and take it all in.
He can’t remember many other presents he got in a specific year but remembers being mascot at hearts vividly. 

If we were an EPL club, or had a bumper TV deal, I'd totally be behind making it free but we don't. 

Hopefully the club continues to grow over the coming years and we can revisit this as something the club could do for free to give back to fans.

Its weird, it falls between being not a lot of money for the club (although would build up over time) and being a fair bit for fans. 

I wonder if it could be something a company might be interested in sponsoring? Even if it was a partial sponsorship to drive down the cost. 

It's expensive, which limits the amount of kids that can do it, but if you make it free, then the waiting list will be so ridiculous that no one would ever get to do it. 

Still, wish they done a version of this for adults :lol:

11 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's expensive, which limits the amount of kids that can do it, but if you make it free, then the waiting list will be so ridiculous that no one would ever get to do it. 

:wtfvlad:

😉

been here before

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

Give them a bell Im sure they could arrange something. I was at an Edinburgh City game not that long ago when it was either a stag do or a birthday and the mascot was the groom or whatever. He was bigger than Craig Beatie who held his hand in the way out as well as the other  players 😂

Edit- it was a stag do:

DbT8-uiX0AAXMfe.jpeg.thumb.jpg.a6d10d0cd946080083ae5fa70cddea40.jpg

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/stag-weekend-prank-sees-man-lead-out-edinburgh-city-mascot-300422

Edited by been here before