What a laugh rangers support not happy with refs

j1964m

Diadora Van Basten

That’s hilarious John Beaton gives them everything.

The old form match when he said he saw all four of Morales offences and stopped him being sent off retrospectively a case in point.

They actually believe this.   I know from painful experience of having to listen to the cornette face inducing ramblings on a daily basis.

But here's the rub.     Their fans see them getting a decision that they might suspect has wrongly helped them = fair game.   The other lot get that too... only more so.     Their fans see them getting a decision against them = it's anti-Rangers.    The other lot don't suffer that... ever.

They're genuinely crazy.

36 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

How come their game was able to be played today? Seems strange usually they get re-played the following mid week etc

Second day food yummy.

We really need to have a frank and honest discussion about the standard of officials in this country. Where they come from, what teams they support, where they live etc. 

Bias whether intentional or not is a huge issue. Being a small country its always going to be difficult, but when EVERY Fifa listed referee is from Glasgow or the greater Glasgow area we're going to have serious issues. 

My hope is that with ourselves, Motherwell, Partick, St Mirren all taking steps to either become fan owned or having serious fan representation, we'll have the will power to loudly push for change. Aberdeens owner too, he's putting a lot of money into the dons and will be for nought if the officials are making it 10x harder than it already is to beat the OF. 

Its totally demoralising how obvious the double standard is. 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The Moderators on that forum are doing a grand job.

Is the site related to Rangers Media Ltd in any way and whose directors are Stewart Robertson, James Blair and Andrew Dickson?

Quite frankly its a disgrace if it is.

Disclaimer- I dread to look at what is on the official Hearts Facebook page and what gets through.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Is the site related to Rangers Media Ltd in any way and whose directors are Stewart Robertson, James Blair and Andrew Dickson?

Quite frankly its a disgrace if it is.

Disclaimer- I dread to look at what is on the official Hearts Facebook page and what gets through.

Don't know who runs it but as you say a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don't know who runs it but as you say a disgrace. 

The site itself is but it's worse if it is an official club supported site with 3 of the club, company, holding company directors.

The new Rangers initiative is along the lines of a 'club for all' which would be a bit ironic if the directors aren't putting significant pressure on the moderators to clean their act up.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The site itself is but it's worse if it is an official club supported site with 3 of the club, company, holding company directors.

The new Rangers initiative is along the lines of a 'club for all' which would be a bit ironic if the directors aren't putting significant pressure on the moderators to clean their act up.

The usual sweep it under the carpet. 

How about the ref's decision to send James Keatings off for being fouled in the Inverness v Sevco Neonates yesterday PM? Or the perfectly good Caley goal that was chalked off for imaginary offside in the same game?

Wee Robbo was quite incandescent in his subsequent interview, you could tell.

Aye, the refs are out to get the Union Jackist Australopithecines.

If there is any team getting shafted at the moment regarding refereeing decisions, I would say we must be at the top of the list. 

Incompetent F******!!!!.

Mad Dog Logan

Those morons don't live in the real world, when we beat them the other week the referee did everything he could to get them back in the game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If there is any team getting shafted at the moment regarding refereeing decisions, I would say we must be at the top of the list. 

Incompetent F******!!!!.

I really don't see that Bongo. 

I think we got a major break on Saturday though their first goal looked iffy. 

Red card was extremely harsh. 

Our own benevolence is our downfall 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Disagree you could argue that Hamilton could of had two players sent off, were was the advantage when Clare go brought down, the player never even got booked. 

Uche got fouled in the box if that's the old firm it's a guaranteed pen all day long. 

To make matters worse the ref thought twice to even give a free kick for the handball, it was only because Naismith and a few others were complaining he had to make his mind up, even the linesman wasn't sure. 

Joins us at the SFA run by pricks that have ruined scottish football, and the youth development of many a decent youngster, because they quite simply can't take there tongue out of Celtic and Rangers asses. 

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Watch it mate the handball is made and the ref thinks twice to give it, then the linesman only puts his flag up when the ref is about to whistle. 

Honestly they are clueless, I'm not saying we aren't responsible for the mistakes we made, but the refereeing during the game was shocking mate. 

There isn't even a point in playing uche anymore he gets nothing and refs let players abuse him, and I'm not a big fan of uche 👍

I heard a stat from a guy in work today that I couldn't believe and had to check for myself.

Kevin Clancy, the ref who gave Celtic some suspiciously "generous" decisions in the game Rangers beat them at Parkhead, come the weekend will have refereed 4 out of Celtic's last 6 home games. And 6 games in total this season. Out of how many Premier League grade referees?

How are refs allocated games as that seems unprecedented? All the more peculiar given his decisions in favour of Celtic

Edited by Stendelsarmy

On 16/02/2020 at 18:04, OTT said:

We really need to have a frank and honest discussion about the standard of officials in this country. Where they come from, what teams they support, where they live etc. 

Bias whether intentional or not is a huge issue. Being a small country its always going to be difficult, but when EVERY Fifa listed referee is from Glasgow or the greater Glasgow area we're going to have serious issues. 

My hope is that with ourselves, Motherwell, Partick, St Mirren all taking steps to either become fan owned or having serious fan representation, we'll have the will power to loudly push for change. Aberdeens owner too, he's putting a lot of money into the dons and will be for nought if the officials are making it 10x harder than it already is to beat the OF. 

Its totally demoralising how obvious the double standard is. 

Shit west coast bias refs have always been a major problem,  always will be ......

9 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I heard a stat from a guy in work today that I couldn't believe and had to check for myself.

Kevin Clancy, the ref who gave Celtic some suspiciously "generous" decisions in the game Rangers beat them at Parkhead, come the weekend will have refereed 4 out of Celtic's last 6 home games. And 6 games in total this season. Out of how many Premier League grade referees?

How are refs allocated games as that seems unprecedented? All the more peculiar given his decisions in favour of Celtic

UEFA insist that that FIFA referees take high profile games in home nation games.  I'm not sure what is the high profile game criteria (league placing, tv games) but as a minimum lower, level analysis would be required to look at referee appointments for:-

- All Celtic v. Rangers games and who refs are when who is at home

- All games televised including Celtic and Rangers (i.e their away games) sub categorised between large and small home supports

- Non televised games (i.e. their homes games) including Celtic and Rangers

- All other TV games sub categorised by large crowds, small crowds, league positions 

- All other games.

It would also require to look at

Fifa v. Non Fifa referee and length of time as FIFA referee and years experience on Grade 1 list

What decisions were considered contentious and assumed pro Celtic or Rangers bias when they play plus also home and away bias decisions across the remainder of the games not including them.  I'm sure I've read someone claim that American football has analysed  that per 10k differential on home crowds starts to significantly impact referee ' umpire decision making.  As a result specific training programmes are put in place for them to ignore crowd noise.

The current 7 FIFA refs are

John Beaton; 
Kevin Clancy;
William Collum;
Bobby Madden;
David Munro (appointed December 2019)
Don Robertson
Nick Walsh

Andrew Dallas,  I believe took a personal decision to resign as a FIFA referee in the summer of 2019.

Obviously, we had Aberdeen that day so many of us wouldn't have been focusing on our game so I've watched the SPFL highlights:-

- Celtic penalty is a clear penalty

- Celtic equaliser is hand ball under new laws and would be ruled off under VAR however I'm not convinced any of the 4 officials had a clear enough view to rule the goal out.

- Morelos initial booking could have gone either way but he deliberately barged Brown and no effort to play the ball.  But was later on in game when there is more chance of a card being shown.

- The Morelos penalty incident is a clear simulation.

Morelos has been sent off in the SPFL twice this season for 2 clear second bookings by presumed pro Celtic referees Don Robertson and Kevin Clancy and while over the piece it could be argued Rangers were harshly treated last week v. Killie, should have been sent off by presumed pro Rangers referee Beaton.

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst
On 18/02/2020 at 08:21, Locky said:

The James Keatings incident on Sunday. :rofl:

Even their Under 21's are getting everything. 

Keatings appeal against simulation was dismissed today.

IveSeenTheLight
On 17/02/2020 at 21:45, Bongo 1874 said:

Watch it mate the handball is made and the ref thinks twice to give it, then the linesman only puts his flag up when the ref is about to whistle. 

Honestly they are clueless, I'm not saying we aren't responsible for the mistakes we made, but the refereeing during the game was shocking mate. 

There isn't even a point in playing uche anymore he gets nothing and refs let players abuse him, and I'm not a big fan of uche 👍

it was handball but certainly didn’t look deliberate and harsh to send the boy off for it.

Guess that’s why it was rescinded.

Kevin Clancy really is a poor poor ref

8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

it was handball but certainly didn’t look deliberate and harsh to send the boy off for it.

It couldn't have been any more deliberate. He sensed the ball getting away from him on the surface and ensured his arm played the ball. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

It couldn't have been any more deliberate. He sensed the ball getting away from him on the surface and ensured his arm played the ball. 

All opinions.

I thought it was just a natural swinging of the arms and that he miss-controlled on his chest.

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Keatings 2nd yellow for "simulation" upheld. I'm sure it was pure coincidence that it was against Rangers Colts.

Wow - first time I've seen this. How on earth can his appeal be turned down?! The game is up the pole. 

44 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Kevin Clancy is the best. 

He is bad but bad for both teams equally.   That's about as good as you can expect in Scotland. 

Better than a bias or homer ref. 

August Landmesser

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-9

Hell of a statement from ICT, can't post the whole thing as on a wonky phone, but safe to say they're fuming.

SFA disciplinary process not fit for purpose, and strongly implying bias on the part of Greg Aitken.

I have to say, every time I've seen him ref us recently, he's struck me as one of the poorest refs in the country. Petty, over-officious and lacking any common sense or humour. He'll go far in the game, no doubt.

Edited by August Landmesser
Typo

29 minutes ago, stotty said:

Wow - first time I've seen this. How on earth can his appeal be turned down?! The game is up the pole. 

If I was Robbo I'd refuse to play the final. This is blatant corruption on the appeals panel because how on earth can anyone think he dived after seeing the video footage?

This is also why VAR will not change a thing in Scotland. Game is corrupt as **** up here at the highest level.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-9

Hell of a statement from ICT, can't post the whole thing as on a wonky phone, but safe to say they're fuming.

SFA disciplinary process not fit for purpose, and strongly implying bias on the part of Greg Aitken.

I have to say, every time I've seen him ref us recently, he's struck me as one of the poorest refs in the country. Petty, over-officious and lacking any common sense or humour. He'll go far in the game, no doubt.

Club Statement

Following the decision by the 3 man Fast Track Tribunal Panel to dismiss the club appeal against the yellow card awarded to James Keatings by referee Greg Aitken during Sunday’s Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup Semi-Final, the club has no option but to speak out publicly on behalf of our player and on behalf of the growing number of Scottish football clubs who believe that the SFA disciplinary process is not fit for purpose.

In relation to the inexplicable decision to dismiss our appeal this morning, one which will see James miss the Cup Final, we would like to communicate with our support and to the many people who have contacted James and the club since Sunday. 

Our appeal was submitted on Monday morning with our payment for the right to appeal and video evidence of 3 different angles of the incident, with the most enlightening angle shown at full speed and also in slow motion. The referee also submitted his reply to the appeal and within that, he states that from his angle, he believed there had been no contact made by the defender on James and this led him to believe that James had thrown himself to the ground in an attempt to deceive him, therefore he deemed it to be an act of simulation, hence the decision. 

We do not want to question anyone’s integrity in this statement and therefore if we set what we do or do not believe aside, it could certainly be argued that this position is plausible.  The video evidence however removes all doubt from the situation and it was this evidence with which we confidently based our case on. As far as we were concerned, once the 3 man panel viewed the video evidence, coupled with the fact that the referee himself was stating that he only made the decision based on his personal view, albeit that he was only a few yards away and not the vastly superior and different video angles, justice and sporting integrity would surely prevail. 

James Keatings has never been booked for simulation in his entire career and Sunday’s red card was also the first in his career. The player himself was devastated by the decision on Sunday and has been contacted by many players, ex-players, the PFA and multiple journalists and friends, all of whom believed that justice would be done by the panel. This scenario represented the exact situation that these protocols were set up to address. 

When the club was given the news this morning that the appeal had not only be dismissed but that James had in fact been adjudged to have committed simulation, we were both incredulous and furious in equal measure. We would once again re-iterate that we do not want to call into question anyone’s integrity with this statement but we must call into question the actual football knowledge of those sitting in judgement on all Scottish football players under this current system. If the individuals involved in this morning’s Tribunal can watch the footage we supplied, footage which the whole of Scottish football has now seen and call this simulation, then there can be no other conclusion other than they do not understand football or the rules of the game. As harsh as this sounds, there can be no other conclusion. Fans and officials of all clubs are mystified by this decision. 

This decision has cost our player the chance to play in a national Cup Final, not something that comes along every week, to the detriment of the player, his team mates, the club and our fans. We believe it also damages the credibility of our governing body and brings the game into disrepute. The decision is plainly wrong and the dogs in the street know this. We have no right to appeal this final decision and it is painful to accept. 

As a club we have been contacted by Chairmen, Chief Executives, Directors and fans of other clubs today in a completely unique show of support and solidarity with James Keatings and ICTFC. As appreciated as this has been undoubtedly been, it does not change the fact that there is clearly something wrong with the system, if it is not addressed, we are all responsible for the continuing denigration of our standards, our supporters view of the national game and sporting integrity in Scottish football. 

Scot Gardiner  – Chief Executive Officer

Ross Morrison – Chairman

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Kevin Clancy is the best. 

He is bad but bad for both teams equally.   That's about as good as you can expect in Scotland. 

Better than a bias or homer ref. 

I’d accept if he was equally poor, but that is not the case (IMHO)

7 minutes ago, kila said:

If I was Robbo I'd refuse to play the final. This is blatant corruption on the appeals panel because how on earth can anyone think he dived after seeing the video footage?

This is also why VAR will not change a thing in Scotland. Game is corrupt as **** up here at the highest level.

I thought the same thing re VAR - it won't make a blind bit of difference in this country, how can a panel decide that was the right decision?! 

On 17/02/2020 at 21:32, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree you could argue that Hamilton could of had two players sent off, were was the advantage when Clare go brought down, the player never even got booked. 

Uche got fouled in the box if that's the old firm it's a guaranteed pen all day long. 

To make matters worse the ref thought twice to even give a free kick for the handball, it was only because Naismith and a few others were complaining he had to make his mind up, even the linesman wasn't sure. 

Joins us at the SFA run by pricks that have ruined scottish football, and the youth development of many a decent youngster, because they quite simply can't take there tongue out of Celtic and Rangers asses. 

I think the Clare foul was more of a sending off offence... if the red card hadn’t happened shortly before,  I think The game would’ve stopped and he would have walked. Clancy crapped it basically and allowed play to continue. 
Im with you on Uche, I counted 3 clear shirt pulls on him (and I’m high up in the main stand) and no fouls given... actually, I think Hamilton were given 2/3 decisions!?🤪 work that out?! Honestly, I quite like big Uche, but there really is no point in playing him with our shit officials. They can easily assault him safe in the knowledge that the refs will protect them. 

gorgie rd eh11

I can understand the difference in opinion over the Hamilton defender, even though to me it seemed like the correct decision to send him off.

But Keatings was quite obviously caught. The people who upheld that decision have proven once again they are frauds who should never be allowed to have a say in anything connected to Scottish football.

Scot Gardiner just bodied the SFA.

Gid man. 

Statement is 100% right. I'd like to see clubs come out in support of the statement though. Invariably they'll be hit with a charge of bringing the game into disrepute and silenced once more. Only by non-OF clubs standing in solidarity with each other can stuff like this be pushed back. 

8 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

How can three people watch that and say it's a dive :cornette:

For it to be overturned, all three need to vote in favour. Which only highlights how corrupt it is given what Morelos has had overturned.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, kila said:

Corruption can be the only reason a 3 man panel came to the conclusion that keatings dived to con the ref!!

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I’d accept if he was equally poor, but that is not the case (IMHO)

I think out of all the refs he fits that catogary the most. 

Just my opinion. 

Feel sorry for the player.   It must be hard to take to miss that final because of a decision has been so badly ****ed up or some other agenda has taken more importance than correcting a horrendous on field decision.    What a rancid game it is.