Jump to content
Gashauskis9

Why does this always happen?

Recommended Posts

busby1985
33 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The system doesnt work

 

11 goals conceded shows that. 

Incorrect. The goal keeper doesn’t work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto

Stendel made Berra a scapegoat and he's paying the price for it. 

 

Halkett is a bombscare, he threw Berra under a bus and he's doing the same with Souttar.

 

In Stendel we trust (???)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Stendel made Berra a scapegoat and he's paying the price for it. 

 

Halkett is a bombscare, he threw Berra under a bus and he's doing the same with Souttar.

 

In Stendel we trust (???)

 

 


The way Berra had been playing since his return from injury, you’d be forgiven for thinking he had been thrown under a bus, and not a metaphorical one either.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Incorrect. The goal keeper doesn’t work. 

 

Stendel is clearly picking Pereira because out of the three keepers he has the best distribution of the ball. That's short sighted IMO and leaves a huge cloud over Stendels decision making. 

 

Whilst Pereira is clearly a poor shot stopper he has absolutely NO support from an awful CB pairing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


The way Berra had been playing since his return from injury, you’d be forgiven for thinking he had been thrown under a bus, and not a metaphorical one either.

 

 

 

🙂 

He seems to be doing a job at Dundee without a Kamikaze Halkett next to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy

Spoleto absolutely buzzing out his nut that we’ve not tuned it round since levein left. The guy, remember who urged Berra to take hearts for every penny he could get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

🙂 

He seems to be doing a job at Dundee without a Kamikaze Halkett next to him.


Good for him. Gomis did a job for us in that division too, amongst others. Clearly the step up from Champ to Prem is steeper than many think, especially in terms of pace.

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Spoleto absolutely buzzing out his nut that we’ve not tuned it round since levein left. The guy, remember who urged Berra to take hearts for every penny he could get. 

 

GinRummy absolutely buzzing out his nut despite his hero Stendel not only failing to lift Hearts but actually putting us deeper in trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Spoleto said:

 

GinRummy absolutely buzzing out his nut despite his hero Stendel not only failing to lift Hearts but actually putting us deeper in trouble.

We’ve dropped one point further down from joint bottom since levein left after a year of relegation form. 1. You’ve been critical of Stendel at every turn and positively revel in the club being in the shite. Hope Craig shaved his beard off otherwise you’re going to end up with a nasty rash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Good for him. Gomis did a job for us in that division too, amongst others. Clearly the step up from Champ to Prem is steeper than many think, especially in terms of pace.

 

 

I've seen plenty ageing players doing a job for Hearts over the years. For me the problem wasn't Berra's pace it was Halketts recklessness leaving him stranded. 

 

Just my opinion, but I think Souttar is now experiencing the same problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
Just now, GinRummy said:

We’ve dropped one point further down from joint bottom since levein left after a year of relegation form. 1. You’ve been critical of Stendel at every turn and positively revel in the club being in the shite. Hope Craig shaved his beard off otherwise you’re going to end up with a nasty rash. 

 

Ha ha, have a word with yourself! It's a shame you can't stick to the topic instead of hurling insults. 

 

Each to their own though! If that makes you feel good you just carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

I've seen plenty ageing players doing a job for Hearts over the years. For me the problem wasn't Berra's pace it was Halketts recklessness leaving him stranded. 

 

Just my opinion, but I think Souttar is now experiencing the same problem!


Disagree personally. I think Berra had been doing a great job for us after he signed, and carried on doing so right up until he tore the hamstring right off the bone. Even when he was solid pre-injury though, he was starting to let attackers with good starting acceleration get away from him. He was smart enough to disguise his holding to make up for it though. The system that Levein played also helped him in this respect, because he defended as a team from strikers to goalkeeper. Berra out there in Stendel’s kamikaze style would be awful to watch. We’d be as well sticking an apple in his mouth and roasting him on a spit in the 18 yard box.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Spoleto said:

 

Ha ha, have a word with yourself! It's a shame you can't stick to the topic instead of hurling insults. 

 

Each to their own though! If that makes you feel good you just carry on.

No excuse for Stendel after a couple of months but excuse after excuse after excuse for Levein since the minute you joined the board. You’re an absolute disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No excuse for Stendel after a couple of months but excuse after excuse after excuse for Levein since the minute you joined the board. You’re an absolute disgrace.

 

6 points from a possible 30 with a fully fit squad to choose from and 4 new players of his own choosing.

 

I know who I think is the disgrace. As I say, feel free to keep hurling the insults, I hope it makes you feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Disagree personally. I think Berra had been doing a great job for us after he signed, and carried on doing so right up until he tore the hamstring right off the bone. Even when he was solid president-injury though, he was starting to let attackers with good starting acceleration get away from him. He was smart enough to disguise his holding to make up for it though. The system that Levein played also helped him in this respect, because he defended as a team from strikers to goalkeeper. Berra out there in Stendel’s kamikaze style would be awful to watch. We’d be as well sticking an apple in his mouth and roasting him on a spit in the 18 yard box.

 

Fair enough. 

 

Halkett and Souttar are also awful to watch in Stendels Kamikaze style. I just don't see any signs of it improving unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Spoleto said:

 

6 points from a possible 30 with a fully fit squad to choose from and 4 new players of his own choosing.

 

I know who I think is the disgrace. As I say, feel free to keep hurling the insults, I hope it makes you feel better.

Your hero took is to joint bottom on goal difference. We are now bottom by one point. I won’t insult you, I can tell you’re absolutely loving hearts form at the moment. Still wish Berra had taken the club for everything he could? 

 

Troll of the highest order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

 

Fair enough. 

 

Halkett and Souttar are also awful to watch in Stendels Kamikaze style. I just don't see any signs of it improving unfortunately.


Sadly I agree. Maybe this Sibbick lad is a decent centre half? He seems quite nippy. Can’t help but feel I’m grasping at straws though, because the way we play at the moment, I’d hate to be a centre half out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diego10
35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Stendel made Berra a scapegoat and he's paying the price for it. 

 

Halkett is a bombscare, he threw Berra under a bus and he's doing the same with Souttar.

 

In Stendel we trust (???)

 

 

Berra made himself a scapegoat by costing us a goal every game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Still wish Berra had taken the club for everything he could? 


That is a shocker tbf. No idea if he said it or not, but it certainly displays an agenda where what is best for the club is not the main priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your hero took is to joint bottom on goal difference. We are now bottom by one point. I won’t insult you, I can tell you’re absolutely loving hearts form at the moment. Still wish Berra had taken the club for everything he could? 

 

Troll of the highest order. 

 

Indeed you are. 

 

Finally we agree on something 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


That is a shocker tbf. No idea if he said it or not, but it certainly displays an agenda where what is best for the club is not the main priority. 

He 100% said it but I’d better sod off before I get banned. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


That is a shocker tbf. No idea if he said it or not, but it certainly displays an agenda where what is best for the club is not the main priority. 

 

I don't recall the exact words used but they're not wildly far away from it tbh. 

 

I was reacting to so called "fans" who were accusing Berra of being a wage thief who should just walk away from his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He 100% said it but I’d better sod off before I get banned. 😀

 

There's nothing quite like portraying only one side of the story is there my old chum 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
Just now, Spoleto said:

 

I don't recall the exact words used but they're not wildly far away from it tbh. 

 

I was reacting to so called "fans" who were accusing Berra of being a wage thief who should just walk away from his contract.


Ah, I’ll not get involved in this any further I don’t think. Suffice to say, I don’t think Berra should have just walked away from his contract, and I also don’t think he should have taken the club for everything he could get.

 

I liked Berra as a player, and he comes across as a really decent bloke. I wish him nothing but the best for the future. I don’t think he will have a successful future at Hearts going forward though.

 

All the Best Christophe. Thanks and good luck for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
37 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

Stendel is clearly picking Pereira because out of the three keepers he has the best distribution of the ball. That's short sighted IMO and leaves a huge cloud over Stendels decision making. 

 

Whilst Pereira is clearly a poor shot stopper he has absolutely NO support from an awful CB pairing.

I think the CB pairing are more than capable, they just look a bag of nerves knowing that any mistake from them has a 60% chance of being a goal due to the keeper. I get your point tho, still willing to give Halkett and Souttar the benefit of the doubt until I see them with a better keeper. That sadly will probably be in the championship haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I think the CB pairing are more than capable, they just look a bag of nerves knowing that any mistake from them has a 60% chance of being a goal due to the keeper. I get your point tho, still willing to give Halkett and Souttar the benefit of the doubt until I see them with a better keeper. That sadly will probably be in the championship haha. 

 

Let's hope not 😢

 

Are Zlamal or Doyle going to be any better? Think Zlamals confidence has been completely shot and may be even worse than Pereira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

Let's hope not 😢

 

Are Zlamal or Doyle going to be any better? Think Zlamals confidence has been completely shot and may be even worse than Pereira.

I think we have to look to a youngster and hope for the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

Another point on the goalkeeper is just how little 1st team level football Pereira has actually played. He's only 23 and has only played a tiny amount of games at 1st team level, and even less in the top flight of any country. It may say Manchester United on his contract but make no mistake this guy is a rookie and is only barely a Manchester United player (in terms of appearances).

 

Bobby on the other hand is 34 and has played a huge amount of 1st team, top tier football. My biggest issue with Bobby is his indecision to come or stay when meeting an attacker. I would often comment that "it will cost us a goal" and sometimes it did. The cup final being the most obvious example but in general he stopped the shots that he was expected to stop.

 

As recently as 2 weeks ago I was suggesting that we stick with Pereira as Bobby would be change for change sake but the past 3 matches have made me wildly reassess. We need experience on the park as much as talent and Bobby brings a lot more experience than Pereira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

Let's hope not 😢

 

Are Zlamal or Doyle going to be any better? Think Zlamals confidence has been completely shot and may be even worse than Pereira.

Three cracking Craig Levein signings there. Some absolute gems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

Can't seem to quote for some reason but on Bobby and confidence in the past three matches he has played we are 2 draws , 1 loss. Only 2 goals conceded and 1 clean sheet.

 

By comparison this is fine form...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s a shame we couldn’t  use him like a kicker in American football. Just bring him on for corners cos he was also costing us goals, arguably a cup final along with Bobby who will replace Joel if he ever gets dropped. Admittedly I think Bobby is the lesser of 3 evils 

As I said he stopped more than he caused but I was really meaning we need some old fashioned defending as well as ball players .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Incorrect. The goal keeper doesn’t work. 

Incorrect Halkett and Souttar are culpable as well.

Edited by Jamboelite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Spoleto said:

 

6 points from a possible 30 with a fully fit squad to choose from and 4 new players of his own choosing.

 

I know who I think is the disgrace. As I say, feel free to keep hurling the insults, I hope it makes you feel better.

 

Bullshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

 

Bullshit

 

Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

 

Bullshit

 

Bull's-eye is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

Thanks for admitting you're wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back
12 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am not going to shut up about it cause it’s so glaringly obvious where all the problems come from. 
 

St Johnston: 

Start the game very well. Get into our rhythm pretty much straight from kick off. Create a few chances. St Johnston score a scruffy goal out of nothing. The team takes a breath, calms down and starts back exactly how they where pre goal. We turn the game around and go in 2-1 at half time. We start the 2nd half knowing St Johnston will come at us, which they do. They start launching long balls that turn us and start getting into space regularly. May fires a nothing ball into the box that Joel flaps at, pushes out into the box when it’s a routine save. That starts the wobble. St Johnston then score from a terrible shot and a terrible attempted save. All confidence in the keeper is lost. It kills everything. Joel turns that powder puff shot round the post and we run out comfortable winners. It’s that simple. 
 

Killie: 

Start the game bang at it. Ripping killie apart, feels like we are building to a goal. Killie launch long out balls just to try relieve some pressure. We are sloppy at dealing with them but don’t look threatened. They manage to get to the byline and shoot straight at Joel. Instead of standing tall and catching the shot, he turns away like he’s scared of the ball and it results in a corner. He then starts to come for the corner then goes back, leaving him out of position. Header straight at him and he can’t save it. We dust ourselves down and start again. We go back to creating chances and playing well. One ball over the top, a simple ball over the top. Keeper comes, stops, even with his team mates yelling at him to stay in his goals, he comes out and is chipped. Game over. He then turns into water as the 3rd goes through him. 
 

Celtic: 

More than competing first half. Playing well and causing some problems, let’s not pretend many teams go to celtic park and even do as much as that. Game plan is working well. One powder puff shot and Joel sells the jerseys. He pushes the shot he should catch into the middle of the box and then can’t stop the powder puff rebound. Look at the reaction to the players after that goal. The rest is history. 
 

Everything stems from the keeper. He is the weak link and everyone knows it. When you have a out field player that’s not having a good game or isn’t fit etc you can carry him, not pass him the ball etx. You can’t do that with the keeper. He is killing everything. 17 shots on target in 3 league games, 11 goals. Nearly every shot at him results in a goal. A high press and a high line is a risky tactic, I get that. It is a tactic that we are making work, going forward. We simply have to, we must, drop the keeper or we are relegated. 11 goals in 3 games. That is bananas. 

1FB98EDC-2D06-45C2-98F6-8D8788F3FAAF.jpeg


Impossible to disagree with any of this. I genuinely believe that you build from the back.

 

The confidence that a defence gets from knowing they have a good keeper behind them is huge. In fact the whole team get a lift.

 
Given the players reactions during the Killie and Celtic games, it’s clear they have zero confidence in JP

 

We all wish it was different but he keeps goal like he’s frightened of the ball

 

Continuing to play him is actually cruel. It will destroy him.

 

Oh and some of the stuff I’ve read on social media is just disgusting no matter how disappointed we all are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
11 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think they would receive a massive lift from a change in keeper.

 

When i played at the back the difference it would make from having someone that you trust to someone who you don't is massive. When you don't trust a player you're not only thinking about what you need to do but you also start thinking about what you need to do when they mess up. Means you take focus off your roles and therefore end up making more mistakes.

Correct , when playing in defence you have to be confident in your players doing there job and as you said then you can concentrate on the job your asked to do. But if the defence is not confident in there keeper then the whole System becomes fragile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mitiestephen
13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am not going to shut up about it cause it’s so glaringly obvious where all the problems come from. 
 

St Johnston: 

Start the game very well. Get into our rhythm pretty much straight from kick off. Create a few chances. St Johnston score a scruffy goal out of nothing. The team takes a breath, calms down and starts back exactly how they where pre goal. We turn the game around and go in 2-1 at half time. We start the 2nd half knowing St Johnston will come at us, which they do. They start launching long balls that turn us and start getting into space regularly. May fires a nothing ball into the box that Joel flaps at, pushes out into the box when it’s a routine save. That starts the wobble. St Johnston then score from a terrible shot and a terrible attempted save. All confidence in the keeper is lost. It kills everything. Joel turns that powder puff shot round the post and we run out comfortable winners. It’s that simple. 
 

Killie: 

Start the game bang at it. Ripping killie apart, feels like we are building to a goal. Killie launch long out balls just to try relieve some pressure. We are sloppy at dealing with them but don’t look threatened. They manage to get to the byline and shoot straight at Joel. Instead of standing tall and catching the shot, he turns away like he’s scared of the ball and it results in a corner. He then starts to come for the corner then goes back, leaving him out of position. Header straight at him and he can’t save it. We dust ourselves down and start again. We go back to creating chances and playing well. One ball over the top, a simple ball over the top. Keeper comes, stops, even with his team mates yelling at him to stay in his goals, he comes out and is chipped. Game over. He then turns into water as the 3rd goes through him. 
 

Celtic: 

More than competing first half. Playing well and causing some problems, let’s not pretend many teams go to celtic park and even do as much as that. Game plan is working well. One powder puff shot and Joel sells the jerseys. He pushes the shot he should catch into the middle of the box and then can’t stop the powder puff rebound. Look at the reaction to the players after that goal. The rest is history. 
 

Everything stems from the keeper. He is the weak link and everyone knows it. When you have a out field player that’s not having a good game or isn’t fit etc you can carry him, not pass him the ball etx. You can’t do that with the keeper. He is killing everything. 17 shots on target in 3 league games, 11 goals. Nearly every shot at him results in a goal. A high press and a high line is a risky tactic, I get that. It is a tactic that we are making work, going forward. We simply have to, we must, drop the keeper or we are relegated. 11 goals in 3 games. That is bananas. 

1FB98EDC-2D06-45C2-98F6-8D8788F3FAAF.jpeg

Can’t agree anymore! We are playing some really tidy football and it’s the keeper that cost us so many points because as soon as any team goes a goal down it changes the complete philosophy of the game plan! We aren’t playing bad football at all and I don’t get why everyone is moaning about our style because it’s clear to see the difference in the players since stendel has come in but the keeper is costing us every game! Every opponents we come up against there manager must be saying just shoot at every opportunity and get on the rebounds! It’s embarrassing! 

Edited by Mitiestephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

 

That picture says it all.

What the **** is our manager thinking about?

This is the most concerning thing for me. 

Everyone can see it but Stendel still plays Pereira. 

It's inflexibility at best, rank stupidity at worst, either way if he persists with this dud in goals we're going down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

 

Thanks for admitting you're wrong

 

I didn't. 

 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us though 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
2 hours ago, One five said:

Correct , when playing in defence you have to be confident in your players doing there job and as you said then you can concentrate on the job your asked to do. But if the defence is not confident in there keeper then the whole System becomes fragile 

 

Is the same not true for the keeper. He has to have confidence in our defence.

 

We don't have a defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheTrumpet
10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I think the CB pairing are more than capable, they just look a bag of nerves knowing that any mistake from them has a 60% chance of being a goal due to the keeper. I get your point tho, still willing to give Halkett and Souttar the benefit of the doubt until I see them with a better keeper. That sadly will probably be in the championship haha. 

Halkett drifts and Souttar is always one pass away from a brainfart. Not a great combo. Halkett was good with Livi so there's a player in there, Souttar I think is very overrated. One of these guys that shows promise in certain areas of his game but is way too casual at times. Make or break for him this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I think the CB pairing are more than capable, they just look a bag of nerves knowing that any mistake from them has a 60% chance of being a goal due to the keeper. I get your point tho, still willing to give Halkett and Souttar the benefit of the doubt until I see them with a better keeper. That sadly will probably be in the championship haha. 

 

 

I agree, although Souttar isn't as comfortable on his left side imo. 

 

The problem is that both full backs have a free rein to batter forward. 

 

If we lose the ball in the middle third we are caught out big style, basically 4v3's, 2''s with big wide open spaces. 

 

Ofc, better ball playing midfielders would help that, 1 fb holding back, a good DM as well. 

 

The centre half's are exposed like Prince Andrew at a school. They can't help it, the 1 v 1 defending is scary stuff and as you say that is all backed up with a holographic goallie. 

 

Hopefully v Hamilton we score first, relex and then see the team play confidently. 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I agree, although Souttar isn't as comfortable on his left side imo. 

 

The problem is that both full backs have a free rein to batter forward. 

 

If we lose the ball in the middle third we are caught out big style, basically 4v3's, 2''s with big wide open spaces. 

 

Ofc, better ball playing midfielders would help that, 1 fb holding back, a good DM as well. 

 

The centre half's are exposed like Prince Andrew at a school. They can't help it, the 1 v 1 defending is scary stuff and as you say that is all backed up with a holographic goallie. 

 

Hopefully v Hamilton we score first, relex and then see the team play confidently. 

 

There are pitfalls and weaknesses in every formation and every tactic. That’s why we love the game. Berra, Halkett, Souttar, Dikamona are all at Hearts for the exact reason everyone has a pop at them, if they where the finished article or playing to their potential they wouldn’t be at hearts or are 5 years past their best. That’s the market we operate in. Souttar has everything a modern defender needs, If he reaches his potential we have a real possibility of making Gordon esq money. If he picks up more injuries and continues how he has been lately, he’ll be having his testimonial for Falkirk in 2032 telling tales about how he almost made it. There has been errors all over the park. Normally players get away with it but like you said, 11 out of 17 shots go in so nearly every slight error or mistake is costing us. 
 

My hope is we stumble out of trouble and survive this season. A full pre season under Stendel and a clearing of the decks and I genuinely think we will see massive improvements. Lose on Saturday and it is the championship for us. What’s James Keatings doing and has anyone mentioned signing Zeefuk recently?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rmreido
20 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am not going to shut up about it cause it’s so glaringly obvious where all the problems come from. 
 

St Johnston: 

Start the game very well. Get into our rhythm pretty much straight from kick off. Create a few chances. St Johnston score a scruffy goal out of nothing. The team takes a breath, calms down and starts back exactly how they where pre goal. We turn the game around and go in 2-1 at half time. We start the 2nd half knowing St Johnston will come at us, which they do. They start launching long balls that turn us and start getting into space regularly. May fires a nothing ball into the box that Joel flaps at, pushes out into the box when it’s a routine save. That starts the wobble. St Johnston then score from a terrible shot and a terrible attempted save. All confidence in the keeper is lost. It kills everything. Joel turns that powder puff shot round the post and we run out comfortable winners. It’s that simple. 
 

Killie: 

Start the game bang at it. Ripping killie apart, feels like we are building to a goal. Killie launch long out balls just to try relieve some pressure. We are sloppy at dealing with them but don’t look threatened. They manage to get to the byline and shoot straight at Joel. Instead of standing tall and catching the shot, he turns away like he’s scared of the ball and it results in a corner. He then starts to come for the corner then goes back, leaving him out of position. Header straight at him and he can’t save it. We dust ourselves down and start again. We go back to creating chances and playing well. One ball over the top, a simple ball over the top. Keeper comes, stops, even with his team mates yelling at him to stay in his goals, he comes out and is chipped. Game over. He then turns into water as the 3rd goes through him. 
 

Celtic: 

More than competing first half. Playing well and causing some problems, let’s not pretend many teams go to celtic park and even do as much as that. Game plan is working well. One powder puff shot and Joel sells the jerseys. He pushes the shot he should catch into the middle of the box and then can’t stop the powder puff rebound. Look at the reaction to the players after that goal. The rest is history. 
 

Everything stems from the keeper. He is the weak link and everyone knows it. When you have a out field player that’s not having a good game or isn’t fit etc you can carry him, not pass him the ball etx. You can’t do that with the keeper. He is killing everything. 17 shots on target in 3 league games, 11 goals. Nearly every shot at him results in a goal. A high press and a high line is a risky tactic, I get that. It is a tactic that we are making work, going forward. We simply have to, we must, drop the keeper or we are relegated. 11 goals in 3 games. That is bananas. 

1FB98EDC-2D06-45C2-98F6-8D8788F3FAAF.jpeg

Absolutely, right on the money.

Change of keeper just has to happen or we're ..........!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
13 hours ago, Spoleto said:

 

Is the same not true for the keeper. He has to have confidence in our defence.

 

We don't have a defence.

Indeed he has mate , yes our defence is dreadful getting split open ball watching at times. JP though is one of the worst keepers that’s wore a hearts shirt his positional sense is diabolical imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...