Experience needed

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

We need guys like Washington and Uche on the pitch for ninety minutes more than we need to give young lads game time right now. Henderson, Moore and Langer tried, but their inexperience showed.

Uche is not the answer. We should have broke the bank to get a keeper and a  reliable centre half in during the window. Not doing so will continue to cost us. 6 goals lost in 2 games when we are "back" is shambolic at best! 

We need a DM who truly understands the role and allows the fullbacks to bomb forward. Smith was the only one I've seen to allow this as he pushed Clare forward on more than one occasion and sat back in the defence himself.

At the moment it's Halkett and Souttar vs the full attack of any other team

chester copperpot

Halkett and Souttar need Smith to either play beside them or one dropped for him.

As for the keeper, he is truly woeful and I want Bobby in from now on. I'd rather we lumped it from the keeper, he wouldve stopped at least 2 of those goals tonight. 

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Halkett and Souttar need Smith to either play beside them or one dropped for him.

As for the keeper, he is truly woeful and I want Bobby in from now on. I'd rather we lumped it from the keeper, he wouldve stopped at least 2 of those goals tonight. 

It’s all on Stendel now. 

He is 8 league games in and won one. As much as we want to love him, that is an abomination. 

He should have seen enough to know this keeper will get us relegated. If he does not tighten us up a little at the back we’ll also get relegated. 

What I thought was a good window is looking like another complete recruitment farce. Didn’t fix GK, CH, wide midfield. 

Edited by hearts00

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Agree.  Was willing to give Joel another chance tonight, but the 2nd and 3rd goals were unforgivable.

We’ve missed Smith badly the last week.  I’d drop both those ****ing huddies at the back and play Smith and Clevid in there on Saturday.  

14 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We need guys like Washington and Uche on the pitch for ninety minutes more than we need to give young lads game time right now. Henderson, Moore and Langer tried, but their inexperience showed.

The experience was on the bench and he chose to play a 4 of Moore Henderson Irving and Langer. 

Very strange decision after Saturdays second half collapse. 

This is not the time to start these guys especially altogether. 😏

Bobby 

Smith. Halkett. Souttar. Hickey 

Sibbick.       Langer 

Clare.          Naismith.    Connor 

Boyce 

Playing the youngsters in our predicament is suicide. 

I'm seriously doubting Stendels ability to keep us up tbh 

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Bobby 

Sibbick.       Langer 

Boyce 

My team just about. Reserve more judgement on Langer as he didn’t really stand out good or bad tonight, would put Irving in for him because of that and for me Jamie Walker has to be in the starting 11 now. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

My team just about. Reserve more judgement on Langer as he didn’t really stand out good or bad tonight, would put Irving in for him because of that and for me Jamie Walker has to be in the starting 11 now. 

Much as I rate Irving  nows not the time to play him . 

We need 2 def mids to shore things up just let the front 4 do their thing . 

Get it solid at the back and with those 4 , Jamie , Adonis , Mishu and Uche as alternatives we'll win games . 

Stendel needs to have a serious word with himself tbh 

Walker did enough for me to merit a start, looked liveley when he came on, that f****** goalie tho is a shambles, sad.

27 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

We need a DM who truly understands the role and allows the fullbacks to bomb forward. Smith was the only one I've seen to allow this as he pushed Clare forward on more than one occasion and sat back in the defence himself.

At the moment it's Halkett and Souttar vs the full attack of any other team

This Is exactly what it looks like !!!

38 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It’s all on Stendel now. 

He is 8 league games in and won one. As much as we want to love him, that is an abomination. 

He should have seen enough to know this keeper will get us relegated. If he does not tighten us up a little at the back we’ll also get relegated. 

What I thought was a good window is looking like another complete recruitment farce. Didn’t fix GK, CH, wide midfield. 

I want to get on the happy train but Stendel has been backed to the hilt in the window and today was worse than anything under Levein or Macphee at Tynecastle this season. I’m afraid that’s a fact. Desperate to see it turned around 

Bobby

clare.           Halkett. Dikamona.    Ben G

Smith.  Sibbick

Naismith 

Washington.                                     Walker

Boyce

Arthur Morgan
45 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Bobby 

Sibbick.       Langer 

Boyce 

Yeah Clare is a goal threat so for me should be pushed forward with Smith behind. 

2 minutes ago, savage said:

Tonight was the night when i eventually realised we are in the relegation fight for real.  

C’mon Savage....... you been living under a rock?!!

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

It’s all on Stendel now. 

The honeymoon is now over for DS.

Most of our alleged best players are back fit, he has brought in the players he wanted in the window, and has had enough time to make impose his playing style on the players.

The result was a major blow but it was the shocking performance that worried me tonight - all so depressing! 😣

42 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I want to get on the happy train but Stendel has been backed to the hilt in the window and today was worse than anything under Levein or Macphee at Tynecastle this season. I’m afraid that’s a fact. Desperate to see it turned around 

Sums up

my feelings after the game! ☹️

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

This. We cannot keep playing soapy and halkett. One or the other.