• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• wavydavy

• EIEIO

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I'm glad that Stendel is being backed, especially as we need to refresh the squad a bit and inject some pace, does it not go against the ethos of having a Sporting Director?  Everything we do just now seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.  Either the manager can have total autonomy on signings or he can't, it shouldn't be done on a window by window basis.

I also assume any signings will be done on the basis of moving players on which I can't see being too easy.

Think he is going to have to clear a load out first. I am assuming Macphee will be tasked with the job of trying to find clubs for some of our current lot 

Think the amount of players coming in will be determined more by the number that leave in all honesty 

I think at the end of the season we will see a lot of change as well. Most player contracts will finish then so there might be a few Pre contracts signed next year in addition 

Nelly Terraces

Can’t see it. Her bestie Craig spunked all the dough on utter shite & we also have to keep paying him & the rest of his mates to either sit at home or put cones out for youth teams.

The cupboard is bare.

Players need moved on first she said. Hopefully Austin’s pulling all-nighters at his desk in his bedroom, doing just that.

Hopefully some new money plus existing budget freed up by clearing out some shite and/or disinterested ***** who wont shake a leg for the new manager.     

It's not very easy to get these sorts to move,   especially in this window.     If they tend to be the sort who isn't putting in an effort at their existing club,  they'll tend to be the sort who's happy to sit in their contract and not even play football at all.    

19 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

While I'm glad that Stendel is being backed, especially as we need to refresh the squad a bit and inject some pace, does it not go against the ethos of having a Sporting Director?  Everything we do just now seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.  Either the manager can have total autonomy on signings or he can't, it shouldn't be done on a window by window basis.

I also assume any signings will be done on the basis of moving players on which I can't see being too easy.

The manager does have total autonomy on signs with others ( including the SD if and when he arrives ) doing the legwork. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The manager does have total autonomy on signs with others ( including the SD if and when he arrives ) doing the legwork. 

Exactly. SD role is to do the legwork for what the manager needs. If he has specific targets the SD needs to try to get them. If he needs a certain type of player, it is the SDs role to bring him a selection and work on getting the right one for the manager.

Priority is to start shifting Deadwood and getting a few in who can set standards for application and style of football.

Rome wasn't built in a night, but it has to start somewhere.

35 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Let's hope we can offload a right good few !!

Just now, Barack said:

Uche's agent will be busy, I think. Think that may be a source of sheckles. Olly Lee will be allowed to stay in England, so that's him down.

Damour might even allowed to start looking too. Can virtually guarantee he'll have relegation release clause in his contract anyway.

I think 6 or 7 will be on the chop list in total.

Indeed

Out:

Bozanic

MacLean

White

Dikamona

Lee (although I'd give him a second chance I think Gillingham will sign him permanently)

Ikpeazu (Stendel doesn't rate him)

I'd keep ahold of Damour for now.

I would hope we keep Uche.  Contrary to popular belief, he's got a good first touch, as well as being able to hold the ball up, and batter his way through.

There's a whole load of players who would be better out the door first.

Just now, 11 Craig Leveins said:

Liam lynsey at Stoke on loan Cummings from Shrewsbury and Gordon from celtic 3 targets for Stendel if you believe paper talk 

I'd say Lynsey would be the only one that he would probably be interested in.

Cummings and Gordon is just lazy paper talk IMO.

There are plenty others I'd get rid of before Uche.  He's shown he can close down from the front on occasions, when we beat Celtic last year sticks in my mind as a good example.  He might not end up being first choice, but there's still space for him imo.

Sexton Hardcastle
14 minutes ago, 11 Craig Leveins said:

Liam lynsey at Stoke on loan Cummings from Shrewsbury and Gordon from celtic 3 targets for Stendel if you believe paper talk 

Better start the relegation contingency plans if that is in a way accurate.

Stendel would probably want to get rid of the following:

Zlamal

Doyle

Pereira (end loan)

White

Berra (if possible)

Bozanic

Clare

Walker

Damour

Morrison (unless DS can help him)

Wighton

Maclean

Keena

Now that is some list but up till now these players have shown nothing that I have seen that gives them the right to stay at Hearts.

What we need is a January Sale with huge discounts.

Edited by mitch41

We need to sell  a lot of players to generate cash.

We could sell all our 3 goalkeeping abominations, Brandon, Garruccio, our entire youth roster, all our players out on loan Craig Wighton, Steven McLean, Damour,, Bozanic and send back all our loan players and we may have enough for a pint of (cheap) lager and 3 songs on the Juke Box

pettigrewsstylist
55 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think he is going to have to clear a load out first. I am assuming Macphee will be tasked with the job of trying to find clubs for some of our current lot 

Think the amount of players coming in will be determined more by the number that leave in all honesty 

I think at the end of the season we will see a lot of change as well. Most player contracts will finish then so there might be a few Pre contracts signed next year in addition 

Priority has to be finding goals to get pts. We have a def minded squad for the most part and we need some creativity and goals accomoanied by energy. Youth can perhaps provide some of this without splashing cash.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I can't really think of anyone that I'd be gutted to see leave right now. Some of the younger lads obviously need a chance to use their energy to try DS's philosophy but can't name a single 'senior' player that would bother me if they went.

3 minutes ago, Mollo said:

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I can't really think of anyone that I'd be gutted to see leave right now. Some of the younger lads obviously need a chance to use their energy to try DS's philosophy but can't name a single 'senior' player that would bother me if they went.

I am now like that with injuries.  When we have a player injured now I barely give a **** as we miss no-one week in week out as not one player is worth shit right now.

Might be more the loan route either way. 

Get a few away on loan to make space and re-evaluate in the summer taking everything into account...contracts etc..then more permanent signings done then. 

John mcCartney

Ann should do the right thing and dip into her own reserves once more and rescue the season for the club.
Its on her watch that all this horrible mess has happened.Im happy to increase my donations to the club if that were the answer.
Cant see much happening at the exit door in January,unless some lower league clubs will take on loan.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Halkett maybe and Michael Smith for sure. Souttar and Haring if they ever make a comeback from the crocks list.

Pretty grim from a squad the size of the one we've got.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am now like that with injuries.  When we have a player injured now I barely give a **** as we miss no-one week in week out as not one player is worth shit right now.

You're doing that "we" thing again. Thats really just for people who make some sort of contribution to Hearts or would if they could. Ive no idea why you persist with doing it.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hopefully we pick players by watching them and looking at their character and not some stupid stats like has bee the way the last couple of years! We need pace, creativity and character!

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Halkett maybe and Michael Smith for sure. Souttar and Haring if they ever make a comeback from the crocks list.

Pretty grim from a squad the size of the one we've got.

You're doing that "we" thing again. Thats really just for people who make some sort of contribution to Hearts or would if they could. Ive no idea why you persist with doing it.

Ah good point - yes sorry Halkett for sure I would be gutted about. Smith too (slightly bigger concern with his fitness record).

Unless we ship some of our many non performers out I think we will be limited to loan signings. As others have said Levein has spent the cash.

39 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Stendel would probably want to get rid of the following:

Zlamal

Doyle

Pereira (end loan)

White

Berra (if possible)

Bozanic

Clare

Walker

Damour

Morrison (unless DS can help him)

Wighton

Maclean

Keena

Now that is some list but up till now these players have shown nothing that I have seen that gives them the right to stay at Hearts.

What we need is a January Sale with huge discounts.

Can't help yourself.

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am now like that with injuries.  When you have a player injured now I barely give a **** as you miss no-one week in week out as not one player is worth shit right now.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

This is exactly what I took from yesterday. There’s not a bottomless pit of money were Ann’s words, iirc, and Austin’s remit is to shift those DS doesn’t want before helping in identifying those he does. I can’t remember the exact number of players out of contract in the summer but I’m sure it was mid-teens. 

49 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Priority has to be finding goals to get pts. We have a def minded squad for the most part and we need some creativity and goals accomoanied by energy. Youth can perhaps provide some of this without splashing cash.

That’s certainly the player type we need more than anything 

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

This is exactly what I took from yesterday. There’s not a bottomless pit of money were Ann’s words, iirc, and Austin’s remit is to shift those DS doesn’t want before helping in identifying those he does. I can’t remember the exact number of players out of contract in the summer but I’m sure it was mid-teens. 

Thought it was around 19/20 players or something close. That should hopefully make things a little bit easier for Stendel but your right in what you say, in that we will need to offload first 

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We are not getting rid of 13 players in January just cos jkb doesn't rate them :rofl:

I’d imagine part of the selection process for our new manager would have included “can you utilise some of the existing squad to turn us around?”

I fully expect stendel to transform some players unexpectedly (Wighton? Keena? etc) over the course of the next few months. 

I’d hope transforming 2-4 players into better players, swapping 2-3 players, seeing a resurgence of Whelan, Meshino, Berra combined with Naismith and Haring returning is part of Stendal’s plan - not a mass clear out.

1 minute ago, farin said:

Our transfer budget will be limited & with an already high wage bill trying to move on some of these players first to compensate that will be an issue. I wouldn’t expect any wholesale changes this window. 2 or 3 players in if we’re lucky. 

He simply has to get more work, energy and quality from these tosspots.  It is possible as they certainly can't give any less.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Believe Ann said at the AGM she’s expecting a list from Stendel.. 

It should be a big one,considering all the poor performers we have.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Hopefully some new money plus existing budget freed up by clearing out some shite and/or disinterested ***** who wont shake a leg for the new manager.     

It's not very easy to get these sorts to move,   especially in this window.     If they tend to be the sort who isn't putting in an effort at their existing club,  they'll tend to be the sort who's happy to sit in their contract and not even play football at all.    

Unfortunately this is so very true and how committed is Mcphee going to be in getting rid of some of the crap he helped to sign?

15 minutes ago, farin said:

Our transfer budget will be limited & with an already high wage bill trying to move on some of these players first to compensate that will be an issue. I wouldn’t expect any wholesale changes this window. 2 or 3 players in if we’re lucky. 

I would punt Pereira back to Man Utd in Jan if possible and bring in a new goalkeeper.

We desperately need an energetic attacking midfielder and a striker and maybe a CB.

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

Ann should do the right thing and dip into her own reserves once more and rescue the season for the club.
Its on her watch that all this horrible mess has happened.Im happy to increase my donations to the club if that were the answer.
Cant see much happening at the exit door in January,unless some lower league clubs will take on loan.

Unless these are lower league English clubs then it would be a waste of time as the Scottish ones would not be able to afford their wages.

The whole point of putting these guys out on loan is to free up money to bring others in. It's not like young guys going out on loan to help their development this is about freeing up money for better players.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Indeed

Out:

Bozanic

MacLean

White

Dikamona

Lee (although I'd give him a second chance I think Gillingham will sign him permanently)

Ikpeazu (Stendel doesn't rate him)

I'd keep ahold of Damour for now.

Scary enough our new boss seems to quite like MacLean. 🤔🤔

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Unless these are lower league English clubs then it would be a waste of time as the Scottish ones would not be able to afford their wages.

The whole point of putting these guys out on loan is to free up money to bring others in. It's not like young guys going out on loan to help their development this is about freeing up money for better players.

if a lower league club takes them on loan they would be taking on part of the wages, so some money may be freed up (and also there's an argument for getting them out of the place if they have no future here)

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

if a lower league club takes them on loan they would be taking on part of the wages, so some money may be freed up (and also there's an argument for getting them out of the place if they have no future here)

Yes I know that was my point really as the original post I replied to just said lower leagues without saying which Country

5 minutes ago, farin said:

A striker that actually scores goals from the chances we make would be great tbh, we are powderpuff up front this season. 

What chances do we make for the current strikers to be rated on?

1 minute ago, farin said:

A striker that actually scores goals from the chances we make would be great tbh, we are powderpuff up front this season. 

Not sure if you have seen this which I posted on a thread a few days ago but he will know these guys and maybe he will try and get a few in.

The only issue here is that will Barnsley want to do any business with us given the pending court action?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/the-out-of-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-stendel-could-nab-for-hearts-on-a-free/ar-AAK3vDR

Few pre contracts being looked at convincing them to come here though the stumbling block.

A few ex players pushing for a move back to us, one out of contract on the 31/12/19 his agent has made us aware, and the other out of favour with his club 👍🇱🇻