Predictions for Sportsound tonight

Juanjo

On 09/12/2019 at 21:06, ToqueJambo said:

Oh my god. Miller gets worse. It actually is great marketing as many fans like getting kits with no sponsor. And that black kit is one of our best sellers!

A man who couldn't even sell fish & chips!! 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• sadj

• Juanjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn’t listen to any of this as wouldn’t waste my time. But over the years of watching football and being born and bread in Glasgow you quickly learn that the only thing the media are ever interested in outside the old firm is that clubs have appointed someone who already knows “their place” A guid Scottish manager would already have bent over ready to take it from the OF - either due to swaying towards one of the two of them or brought up with an inferiority complex. Bringing in someone outside Scottish football and the UK means we have done something that doesn’t sit well within the order of how things can go, it was the same with Paulo, get it right up them and good luck to Daniel, keep us up this season and next year show no fear to anyone. 

I only listen to Sportsound very occasionally. I didn’t listen last night as you could have predicted the coverage we would get. From the information on here I’m glad I didn’t.  The programme is now so loaded with Glasgow centric bias it’s become laughable.  It’s presented by someone who you could only describe as being a joke journalist. As for the rest, Tom English aside, they fall over themselves to stick the boot into us at every opportunity. The programme is now laughable. The only consistent thing that they do is talk up the Old Firm. It pure unadulterated pish.

Is John Hartson ill or just thick as mince? Just listening to him on Sportsound and he is talking complete gibberish. Clearly he doesn't do any reading before the show.

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Is John Hartson ill or just thick as mince? Just listening to him on Sportsound and he is talking complete gibberish. Clearly he doesn't do any reading before the show.

He is an absolute moron. Him and Dodds.

Actually listened to 10 mins and the level of ignorance about what's been going on and planned in the short term at Hearts was breathtaking. David Currie tbf seemed to be moderately informed but I eventually had to switch off when some wee dafty that plays  for Glasgow city  was criticising Daniel Stendels credentials, I mean seriously? 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Actually listened to 10 mins and the level of ignorance about what's been going on and planned in the short term at Hearts was breathtaking. David Currie tbf seemed to be moderately informed but I eventually had to switch off when some wee dafty that plays  for Glasgow city  was criticising Daniel Stendels credentials, I mean seriously? 😂

It's bizarre how this view is gaining traction when the OF have had a number of first time managers with ZERO experience in the very recent past - McCoist, Lennon and Gerrard - and there was none of this chat.

On top of that Hearts last successful manager had zero experience before taking the reigns, and the media's favourite for the Hearts job had far less experience than Stendel when taking over at Motherwell. And he's foreign, like two of the above OF rookie managers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's bizarre how this view is gaining traction when the OF have had a number of first time managers with ZERO experience in the very recent past - McCoist, Lennon and Gerrard - and there was none of this chat.

Yep I hate the conspiracy theory stuff about 'anti Hearts' and 'anti foreigner' but my god listening to that tonight was so sad for the game in this country. Really scraping the barrel with those three "pundits"

53 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

I only caught a bit of his rant about the gibberish, question is ,  how good is his German ? 

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

He is an absolute moron. Him and Dodds.

jeez, the pair of them - dumb and dumber? It's an outrage that they get taxpayers money for that...

August Landmesser

I reallly really really really hope we give Aberdeen an absolute battering on Dec 29th. Stendelball und gorgiepress ripping McInnes's lumps up for arsepaper. Let Gordon and Miller snit and snigger about DS then. ******s.

This lack of credentials is bizarre. To me, he appears to be the only manager in the whole of the league to have achieved something outside of Scotland (promotion to the English championship). 

Edited by karipidis

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

This lack of credentials is bizarre. To me, he appears to be the only manager in the whole of the league to have achieved something outside of Scotland (promotion to the English championship). 

lol, guess the fact that it didn't happen in Scotland meant it didn't count. What I found astounding was that Ross moving to Sunderland was fine cause he understood the league but DS moving the opposite way was a complete no starter. This may or may not be a success but the parochialism is breathtaking...

What they did to Stendel was almost bordering on racism because he's German do you think they would've had the same debates had we appointed Chris Hughton?

40 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

jeez, the pair of them - dumb and dumber? It's an outrage that they get taxpayers money for that...

So relocate all no voters (many who would then become yes just because they can no longer rake in money from oil and gas or the likes being down there. Then dig a Moat around it leave it with a harbour to sail to Ireland and declare it the royal borough of Glasgow on Johnson Island.... 

Sorry @Jap Jambo trued to quote @Gambo

Edited by sadj

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

So relocate all no voters (many who would then become yes just because they can no longer rake in money from oil and gas or the likes being down there. Then dig a Moat around it leave it with a harbour to sail to Ireland and declare it the royal borough of Glasgow on Johnson Island.... 

Or relocate the rest of the yes voters to Glasgow and leave the rest of us in peace. 

The primary qualification for Sportsound is either to have been an absolute failure as a manager or being thick as a brick. Should imagine Levein will be snapped up by them in Summer.

Guest ToqueJambo
41 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

lol, guess the fact that it didn't happen in Scotland meant it didn't count. What I found astounding was that Ross moving to Sunderland was fine cause he understood the league but DS moving the opposite way was a complete no starter. This may or may not be a success but the parochialism is breathtaking...

The Ross-Stendel thing is very strange yet sadly predictable. One did the job in League One and the fans absolutely loved him even when he had a poor start the next season, partly because of his positive style of football. One failed in that league despite a much bigger budget (and more managerial experience seeing as that seems noteworthy to Sportsound) and the Sunderland fans couldn't wait to see the back of him, partly because of the negative style of football.

Edited by ToqueJambo

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Can we get Independence from Glasgow?

now thats an indy ref i could get be behind

Any club outside the old firm trying anything different is always 

met with ridicule remember the way Bertie vogts was hounded 

out with the scottish press admittedly he made mistakes but was

still treated harshly

Their giggling during DS press conference was embarrassing and after the BBCs veiled apology over Austin , clearly they haven’t learned how to behave. It’s actually a disgrace, and that bird in the studio (whoever she was ?) should of shot Harrison and Dodds down. Sadly she joined in their childish shite.

Hartson and Dodds are just old school arseholes. Pathetic old firm cretins 

Guest ToqueJambo
58 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Any club outside the old firm trying anything different is always 

met with ridicule remember the way Bertie vogts was hounded 

out with the scottish press admittedly he made mistakes but was

still treated harshly

We'll find out when we appoint a Sporting Director. I don't recall anyone questioning Hibs appointing one, or asking if Mathie was picking the team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Broxburn Jambo
1 hour ago, sadj said:

WTF does that mean?

SectionDJambo

I’m afraid we’re wasting our time listening to these morons and allowing them to agitate us with their xenophobic tripe.

What a small minded country Scotland is portrayed as, when a national broadcaster allows this kind of agenda to go on. The same broadcaster who says nothing about the poison of sectarianism which feeds the 2 bigger Glasgow football clubs.

We need to get results to put these individuals back in their box.

I actually cannot understand how Hearts are dealt with in such a consistently hostile way.

Some day we are paranoid. Well, just because we are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get us.

Good luck to Daniel. We hope you succeed. The upset caused will be hilarious.

gorgie rd eh11

They're a cliquey wee club of morons. i didn't listen to them, i don't have to, it's the same shite every night. The BBC Scotland football department are a ******* shambles and need a complete overhaul.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 11/12/2019 at 08:27, jamie1874 said:

Didn’t listen to any of this as wouldn’t waste my time. But over the years of watching football and being born and bread in Glasgow you quickly learn that the only thing the media are ever interested in outside the old firm is that clubs have appointed someone who already knows “their place” A guid Scottish manager would already have bent over ready to take it from the OF - either due to swaying towards one of the two of them or brought up with an inferiority complex. Bringing in someone outside Scottish football and the UK means we have done something that doesn’t sit well within the order of how things can go, it was the same with Paulo, get it right up them and good luck to Daniel, keep us up this season and next year show no fear to anyone. 

Exactly this. The noticeably irritated reaction from scottish media to stendels appointment speaks volumes.

They’re shiting it that hearts have appointed a manager outwith the suffocating echo chamber of old firm dominance.

As always, ****’em.

I’m taking satisfaction from the reaction alone regardless of how it works out. Every appointment is a gamble but I’m bloody delighted that Ann has picked someone left field. 

Frank Sidebottom

Hartson is just one of many old firm propagandists they trot out to tell us how special it is to play for the old

firm, how people down south don’t realise how big they are, blah blah blah. 

At the moment, Stendel is an easy target for them as he is an outsider, whom none of the usual suspects have heard of. The fact that his English isn’t 100% also means they can ridicule him. The only way Stendel can answer them is to win games. 

part_time_jambo
On 10/12/2019 at 23:17, Jap Jambo said:

Not at all a fan of his, never speaks well of us - looking forward to him getting emptied by Thistle.

Was McCall not interviewed? Bitter possibly.

5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Was McCall not interviewed? Bitter possibly.

Stuart McCall I believe not Ian - could be wrong though, we seemed to be looking at some right dross early doors

It's the delusion that gets me, that these pundits and presenters think they are reporting on something other than the sham that is Scottish football. They must be beyond self-loathing.

There's been corruption at all levels: disciplinary system, officiating, player registration, competition draws, the list goes on. Cocooned in rellgious intolerance only UEFA seem to see.  It started in the 19th century and continues today.  So, lighten up, lads and gies a break.

Hearts appoint somebody who isn't Scottish and disnae ken the game in Scotland. FFS , how long would that take? Tom English slavering about Hearts fans as if they were different from any clubs fans when served up the dross we've endured. There's nothing fresh in his ideas, just the same old crap.

Anybody coming in with the squad Stendel has inherited would have his hands full, a familiar face or not.

Edited by Riccarton3

15 hours ago, Prof said:

The primary qualification for Sportsound is either to have been an absolute failure as a manager or being thick as a brick. Should imagine Levein will be snapped up by them in Summer.

Preferably a failure and thick with the latter attribute the more important one.

Listening to off the ball earlier. Was quoting old posts that included cathro. After a 5 nil loss

to Celtic he said if you take the goalposts away then there isn’t much between the teams!

Samuel Camazzola

Who's co-commentating alongside McCann at today's Motherwell match? Definitely the worst voice and vocabulary I've ever heard in that capacity. That is saying something! 

Horatio Caine

Was John someone.  Definitely not Yogi and you can't even work it out from the commentary text because the only quotes are from McCann.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Sounded like our youth coach John Rankin.

Hopefully he's not invited back again. I thought Derek Ferguson was a hard listen but that was tough. Made that Slaney boy on Si Ferry's show sound normal. 

2 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Sounded like our youth coach John Rankin.

He is really intelligent and well spoken. Wouldnt expect him to be a tough listen

On 10/12/2019 at 22:20, jambo mark said:

Could it be that JJ is miffed he wasn’t one of the people Ann consulted our that she didn’t go with his pick? 

Either way would have expected JJ to be more positive. Hopefully we find him an ambassador role in the future.

Nail on the head. Wanted to be SD. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We really need to manage our PR much better.

We are constantly a target and it would seem an easy one at that.