Craig Levein

CloustonHMFC

I think he deserves the backing of everyone for the next two games to show he can kick on after today - I’m not saying it’s going to happen but today will give our team some confidence and hopefully we can capitalise on that however the vitriol needs to be stopped and support given.

HMFC the team for me 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gambo

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. 

The fans also need to back the players at home games rather than getting on their backs.

The fans should be OUR 12th man, not the oppositions.

The players will get my full backing.

Too many fell for a cup final performance.

He must go.

Right behind the team and players on Wednesday, but no more accepting pampering over huge cracks.

C'mon the Hearts.

Just support the club as a whole, it's not rocket science. 

The players, coaches, owner etc etc are sticking together, we should all be doing the same. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

He must go.

Right behind the team and players on Wednesday, but no more accepting pampering over huge cracks.

C'mon the Hearts.

I’m not papering over cracks, we’ve been honking and were today for the first 60 mins but coming off an away derby win where we’ve come from behind then I think he should be given a couple games to prove he can capitalise on the confidence boost today should give them. I’m not saying he should be given long term or that it will get better. 

I feel happy for him today. The relief and deep satisfaction at the winner must’ve felt tremendous as it did for all of us.

Still not sure of the future under him but he’s now given himself a chance with a long awaited victory. Can he now grow and nurture the positive feelings the players will have after today and enhance them even more with a positive set-up and strategy on Wednesday?

Its about momentum now. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He must go.

C'mon the Hearts.

Wrong again. If he gets through these next three games with three wins we are on course again. We should surely have Naismith back and possibly Haring too. That will enable us to kick on. He wil step back at the end of the season either way.

Bazzas right boot

If we win on Wednesday, folk need to give it a rest. 

The absence of many rabid posters today should really give mods an easy job and fellow posters an indication of who to avoid on here. 

How I feel good tonight. But we need to keep winning for Levein to save himself. Hopefully this turns our season around.

Mon the ****ing JTs.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The absence of many rabid posters today should really give mods an easy job and fellow posters an indication of who to avoid on here. 

No,  we will l be in 8th place. It'll still be an abysmal start to the season.  This place is ****ing Batshit.

Edited by bistokid

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lose to st mirren and it will be back to square one. Think he needs to win the next 2 to be given some breathing space. 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

The players, coaches, owner etc etc are sticking together, we should all be doing the same. 

This. You could see at the end the players going over to CL and the camaraderie they all have.

We should be with them, not against them. We all want the best for this club, so let's ****ing get on it. Get the sheep pumped, 3 points down at St Mirren, and kick on.

HHGH.

Anyone not hoping for him to turn this around needs to have a word, I am right behind him for the next 2 games, his summers signings are looking good and he is obviously handling young Hickey very well,

9 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Well said. 

He's bought himself time. 

Aberdeen (QF - H)

St Mirren (A)

Killie (H)

huns (H)

Livi (A)

St J (A)

Optimistically, 9 points from those games (exc QF obv) would be good. Would rather we came through it with 15 points, but our record against the huns is dreadful, Livi are tough to beat and St Johnston on their patch is always difficult. 

Whatever happens, he needs to put together a run of games that ends in us climbing back into 3rd or 4th. 

Credit where credit is due well done Craig and Hearts today please follow it up with a win against Aberdeen on Wednesday and St mirren on Saturday

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, lou said:

Anyone not hoping for him to turn this around needs to have a word, I am right behind him for the next 2 games, his summers signings are looking good and he is obviously handling young Hickey very well,

Unfortunately there will definitely be some Hearts ‘supporters’ who hope he won’t turn it around from here. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It's been obvious for ages who the trolls are and unfortunately they exacerbate discontent amongst the genuinely concerned supporter

I'm not a fan of Levien's style of football, so I'd still rather we had someone else in charge.  However, I do see that he's made some very good signings in the last window.  If he can get them all fit and playing he may yet prove me wrong.  He's given himself more time to prove people wrong with that result today, hopefully it's the start of the good times he's been promising.

I thought he should have gone after the Hamilton game, but some people in the pub I was in today were booing him when the TV zoomed in on him at the end of the game. Absolutely bizarre behaviour - you've just won a derby ffs. 

Just now, AGoodLaugh said:

I thought he should have gone after the Hamilton game, but some people in the pub I was in today were booing him when the TV zoomed in on him at the end of the game. Absolutely bizarre behaviour - you've just won a derby ffs. 

Don’t get me wrong, if he turned round and said he’s giving up first team duties then I wouldn’t be completely sad but that’s not going to happen so after today he deserves our backing for next couple of games. 

The problems that existed before the game still exist now. The first half was as dreadful as anything we've seen this season. We still struggle to create chances and rarely force saves from the opposition goalkeeper. 

CL has probably earned the Aberdeen game, but we need to see a sustained improvement in results and performances before we can say that all is rosey again.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs ***** everywhere spewing tonight. Reamed again.

Nae luck for you.

Still, there’s always the Cup...

I love him and want him to do well. But have wanted him out for a while and felt sorry for him, thinking he should have resigned.

Well done today Craig. Will back you to the end.

I want him to stay and have said so despite all the abuse from other posters

However they also have a point up to now re our performances and results

The injuries we have are just unbelievable in frequency and seriousness and are by no means over but good news today from Craig was that Haring is on his way back and feeling much better with good news on other injuries (but still long term injuries) then we hear about a Naismith setback (and another 2/3 weeks out) with Souttar still no nearer to a return.

Time for him upstairs to give us a break on that front and we might see improvement that I'm sure we all want

Haring,  Naismith and Souttar are 3 of our top players and with them we will be a much improved side

PS Morrison did well when he came on and nice to see him back

Edited by CJGJ

Im the one of the biggest Levein out people going but you know what, **** it know what I'll give a few games, we weren't great by any length today but im happy as **** so lets go!

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Results got him into this mess, only results can get him out of it. 

Roll on Wednesday 👍🏻

My feeling, too. 

Said on another thread the other day: beat Hibs and we can take it from there. No words, no promises, they sound hollow and antagonise fans, just do it. 

Beat Aberdeen and we'll take it from there. 

28 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Wrong again. If he gets through these next three games with three wins we are on course again. We should surely have Naismith back and possibly Haring too. That will enable us to kick on. He wil step back at the end of the season either way.

He needs to step away now, give Ann a break.

1 win in 14, now we have knee jerk reactions.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I want him to stay and have said so despite all the abuse from other posters

However they also have a point up to now re our performances and results

The injuries we have are just unbelievable in frequency and seriousness and are by no means over but good news today from Craig was that Haring is on his way back and feeling much better with good news on other injuries (but still long term injuries) then we hear about a Naismith setback (and another 2/3 weeks out) with Souttar still no nearer to a return.

Time for him upstairs to give us a break on that front and we might see improvement that I'm sure we all want

Haring,  Naismith and Souttar are 3 of our top players and with them we will be a much improved side

The injuries have been very unfortunate, especially when you add in Walker and Washington who are also strong contenders for places in the starting XI. But we have such a big squad that there are senior players even with all the injuries who are not being stripped for the bench (Brandon, Zlamal). The teams we fielded against Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell should have been more than good enough to win those games.

The criticism of CL has been fully justified. However I do hope that he has turned it around and that we start winning games of football on a regular basis.

30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He must go.

C'mon the Hearts.

Same here!! Players will always get my backing but he still needs to go.

dont forget we beat a woeful Hibs team today who’s keepers jersey only got dirty twice.

absolutely over the moon with the result but let’s not pretend we were anything but average.

21 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

If we've turned a corner it's good news for everyone - except people who hate Levein more than they love Hearts.

See when you have missed the last 14 corners, it's a long way back to the beginning.

Too many on HERE falling for the Cup final performance again.

Thankfully the fans at the actual game made their feelings known.

Levein MUST GO.

Enjoy victory v Hibs though, every Hearts fan.

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Same here!! Players will always get my backing but he still needs to go.

dont forget we beat a woeful Hibs team today who’s keepers jersey only got dirty twice.

absolutely over the moon with the result but let’s not pretend we were anything but average.

Correct.

15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The problems that existed before the game still exist now. The first half was as dreadful as anything we've seen this season. We still struggle to create chances and rarely force saves from the opposition goalkeeper. 

CL has probably earned the Aberdeen game, but we need to see a sustained improvement in results and performances before we can say that all is rosey again.

Final ball aside, I thought we actually played better football in the first half. Whelan was picking passes and Hickey, Ryo, Damour, Jake and Clare were passing the ball about in wee triangles. We had some nice dummies, turns and back heels in amongst the passing and some fantastic through balls. Final ball was poor too often. We got more joy in the second half but the actual football was worse imo.

A good manager would never have played Clare today   Should have rested and never hung out to Dry as he was today 

I’m no Clare fan but a descent manager who knows the game would never have  started him 

Felt for the Kid when he was booed off today 

PISH POOR MANAGEMENT 

20 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Absolutely correct.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

See when you have missed the last 14 corners, it's a long way back to the beginning.

Too many on HERE falling for the Cup final performance again.

Thankfully the fans at the actual game made their feelings known.

Levein MUST GO.

Enjoy victory v Hibs though, every Hearts fan.

It’s actually quite amusing watching you flapping about desperate to remind everyone that we need to get rid of Levein. Carry on. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s actually quite amusing watching you flapping about desperate to remind everyone that we need to get rid of Levein. Carry on. :lol: 

Not as funny as watching you think he's the man. 1 win in 14 is it?

Jeezo now he,s the messiah again , lets give him more time is the message on this thread .

Short memories . 

Again it,s not just the recent results ,It,s the last three years of poor football and the incredible amount of money he,s spent trying to build a decent team .

A team which were 20 minutes and a deflected goal away from being firmly planted at the bottom of the league ! 

Lets give him more time .... Really..... 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just beat hibs lets keep tone positive at least for tonight 

Too many want it to be all about Levein. Celebrate a win v Hibs, but not 1 in 14

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

It's been obvious for ages who the trolls are and unfortunately they exacerbate discontent amongst the genuinely concerned supporter

Correct 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, bistokid said:

No,  we will l be in 8th place. It'll still be an abysmal start to the season.  This place is ****ing Batshit.

Point missed completely, but crack on. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Final ball aside, I thought we actually played better football in the first half. Whelan was picking passes and Hickey, Ryo, Damour, Jake and Clare were passing the ball about in wee triangles. We had some nice dummies, turns and back heels in amongst the passing and some fantastic through balls. Final ball was poor too often. We got more joy in the second half but the actual football was worse imo.

We've been playing pretty triangles all season, retaining possession in our own half but with utterly no penetration or chance creation going forward. The first half was exactly that again.

I'm delighted for CL that we got a result today and I really hope, especially as a long time fan of Levein, that we have turned it around. But there are still a lot of problems in that team and we need to get consistently much better if the calls for him to step down are going to abate.