Raheem Sterling (NHC)

CostaJambo

Blackie the Cat
8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The boy from downtown Neasden has done well. Much as I hate the British system of Patronage, I see why an MBE was thought appropriate. 

I believe he’s originally from  downtown Maverley in Kingston Jamaica…

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• CostaJambo

• Nookie Bear

• fabienleclerq

2 minutes ago, Blackie the Cat said:

I believe he’s originally from  downtown Maverley in Kingston Jamaica…

Yeah, I thought the use of the word downtown would indicate that I was aware of that. 

Blackie the Cat
8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yeah, I thought the use of the word downtown would indicate that I was aware of that. 

Nope, sorry.

Tremendous footballer, and Rio Ferdinand said he is also a "lovely guy". So why does he always seem pissed off during interviews. Last night he 'rewrote history' apparently but to look at him during post match interview he looked like he'd lost a tenner and found a fiver. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, scratchy said:

Tremendous footballer, and Rio Ferdinand said he is also a "lovely guy". So why does he always seem pissed off during interviews. Last night he 'rewrote history' apparently but to look at him during post match interview he looked like he'd lost a tenner and found a fiver. 

The English press gave him a rough ride of it a few years back, writing about anything they could to get at him. I’m not surprised he hates talking to them 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The English press gave him a rough ride of it a few years back, writing about anything they could to get at him. I’m not surprised he hates talking to them 

Yip. They’ll turn on all of them if they lose on Sat.

Horrible b******s the media !

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip. They’ll turn on all of them if they lose on Sat.

Horrible b******s the media !

That's the media the players sign up to, are happy to talk to and are desperate to join as soon as they stop playing.

That's the media the fans play up to, love joining in with and subscribe to in their millions.

That's the media they want, the media they have and the media they deserve.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's the media the players sign up to, are happy to talk to and are desperate to join as soon as they stop playing.

That's the media the fans play up to, love joining in with and subscribe to in their millions.

I suppose you’re right. The fact The S*n is the best selling rag in the UK, says a lot about the population.

They deserve each other, frankly.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They are still ****s though.

Watched the two of them every game of the tournament and both play the same position but for me Sterling is a better player than Mbappe.

Will probably get ripped for that opinion but it's just how I see it.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Watched the two of them every game of the tournament and both play the same position but for me Sterling is a better player than Mbappe.

I don’t rate Sterling and not surprised he sometimes struggles to get a game at City.  Think they need an upgrade on him if they want to dominate Europe. Reminds me of Walcott, all about his pace but very limited footballer and seems to have great difficulty striking a ball properly. 

As for England,  this is the guy that England fans wanted dropped before the tournament even started and after being shite against Scotland they wanted pics photoshopped of him hugging Billy Gilmour so he could miss the next game.  

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Remember every English commentator mentioned Klose was a Pole at every German game. Funny that.

Podolski too. Lukasz Podolski left Poland aged 8 and was interested in playing for them right up until he committed to Germany. The Polish coach at the time let him go because he thought Poland already had good enough strikers and he was no loss. Hmmmm.

Sterling has lived in England since he was 5. It's the country that's shaped him culturally, even though he was equally eligible to represent Jamaica or the other 3 home nations. England is a perfectly legit choice for him. If his family had settled in Scotland I'm sure most of us would be delighted to have him.

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

Podolski too. Lukasz Podolski left Poland aged 8 and was interested in playing for them right up until he committed to Germany. The Polish coach at the time let him go because he thought Poland already had good enough strikers and he was no loss. Hmmmm.

Sterling has lived in England since he was 5. It's the country that's shaped him culturally, even though he was equally eligible to represent Jamaica or the other 3 home nations. England is a perfectly legit choice for him. If his family had settled in Scotland I'm sure most of us would be delighted to have him.

Well, Klose and Podolski were never German per Tommy Atkins on the mic despite having the same back story as Brent's finest. But there you go. 

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Would walk straight into the Scotland team 

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Well, Klose and Podolski were never German per Tommy Atkins on the mic despite having the same back story as Brent's finest. But there you go. 

They grew up there though. Polish culture at home, German culture at school and daily life with the school mates they grow up with. They were perfectly within their right to choose either.

8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They grew up there though. Polish culture at home, German culture at school and daily life with the school mates they grow up with. They were perfectly within their right to choose either.

They moved to Germany at 8 and 12, Sterling at 5 from Jamaica. Not much difference at all except thru a Tommy Atkins lens. You are waysis for pointing that out though. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Remember every English commentator mentioned Klose was a Pole at every German game. Funny that.

I remember the Poles calling him a traitor. They ****ing hated him. 

Sterling's West London mate, Proper QPR *****.

Pasquale for King

He’s not had a great season or been great at the Euros but his goals have been massively important. 

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I remember the Poles calling him a traitor. They ****ing hated him. 

Sterling's West London mate, Proper QPR *****.

I don't think they had quite the same ire towards Podolski because they knew he was interested in playing for Poland but the Polish FA didn't take enough interest in him. Klose was different. Seemingly he was of ethnic German descent and had zero interest in playing for Poland from the off and publically said so.

Podolski scored twice for Germany in a 2-0 win over Poland at Euro 2008 and refused to celebrate either goal. He was close to tears.

He's always impressed me when I've seen him.  Righty or wrongly, Ginnelly reminded me of him in that cup final.

Quick, busy talented players with an eye for goal.  Hope Ginnelly proves me right.

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

mbappe had a terrible tournament but a phenomenal season. Ridiculous that he is compared to ronalds, Messi or even Neymar.  Think he’s better than sterling tho but not a huge amount in it

manaliveits105

Constantly fouls opposition 

dives a lot - he is fast and has talent but basically he is a can’t 

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Man of the Match for many. He's been excellent.

Being fair to the boy, he has stepped up to the plate and been by far their top player throughout.

gorgie rd eh11
On 11/09/2019 at 12:19, A_A wehatethehibs said:

His first senior start in football was at Tynecastle so it’s no surprise he has gone on to be a player. 

Harry Kane's first senior start for Spurs was also against Hearts. 

I think Sterling is a good example of money going to head and he went off rails for a while BUT he seems to have got head screwed on and comes across as decent bloke and a frightenly good player. 

I’d imagine a few EPL clubs looking for a cheaper option of that type of player will be looking at the young lad that Belgium had on the left against Italy. 

copa-mundial
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine a few EPL clubs looking for a cheaper option of that type of player will be looking at the young lad that Belgium had on the left against Italy. 

Jeremy Doku from Lens. 

Yes. I think there will be a few teams tapping up his agent. Boy was lightening quick. Could actually play as well. 

Be a ridiculous fee no doubt.