Naismith Out of Tonight's Game

Gorgieshed

been here before
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They are hardly a pub team Ffs. 

Correct.

More a sort of 'chicken in a basket style' social club/Miners Welfare and certainly the type of club we have to look at beating if we want to consistently challenge for any sort of domestic honours.

Tough wee club is Motherwell.

Edited by been here before

22 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It'll all depend on a few things.

Motherwell are a decent attack-minded team. They have a manager that goes for the throat, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They will definitely fancy their chances tonight, they've nothing to fear. They'll know that we'll pass the ball about with no intensity then boot the ball upfield.

If we go out there with the usual policy of nullifying the opposition, playing across the middle and back to keeper etc. Motherwell will just wait patiently for stray/loose passes and go hell for leather, probably on counter attacks seeing as Berra hasn't much pace.

Levein needs to change his tactics in this one. He needs to get the team into an attacking mode, try to get early goals then try to control the midfield. It's not the widest pitch so maybe a 4-4-2 in this one.

Instead of trying to overthink the opposition manager, worry about how we attack them and give them something to think about for a change. If not, we'll be out.

We ought to adopt a more attacking outlook against certain teams but sometimes that has consequences as Hibs found out last weekend.  Naismith is one of our most attack-minded players, however, and will be a miss but I reckon, with the inclusion of Whelan and Damour, things should be easier for the the other forwards to carve out enough chances to win the game.

53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not the “am I doing this right” line again.....😴

Well if anything it counter balances the predictable negativity round everything around our club....I will be there tonight despite it being a Friday night, raining, Motherwell and the poor form we are in...we support the club 

6 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Well if anything it counter balances the predictable negativity round everything around our club....I will be there tonight despite it being a Friday night, raining, Motherwell and the poor form we are in...we support the club 

Good man.

You sometimes wonder if these people are actually Hearts supporters.

45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree with most of what you say, however the point about Berra is a little harsh. Up until his injury against Celtic he was every bit the club captain. We need captains all over the pitch and I think in Naismith Whelan and Washington we probably have that now. I also think if the new keeper is decent we’ll see a far more solid Berra. That defence is racked with nerves as they’re just waiting on a Bobby moment.. Ross county a classic example. Don’t get me wrong Berra hasn’t been the dominant force of old but I think with the keeper change and a solid midfield line in front of him we’ll see him back to something like his best.

Berra is there to calm the nerves.....not add to them.

44 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

👍

37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good man.

You sometimes wonder if these people are actually Hearts supporters.

😂

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It’s Christophe Berra that gives me the fear, the guy is just not fit enough at the moment and is constantly caught out.

Agreed, him and Bobby are a goal down every game. Thankfully Bobby wont be back in goals again.

When is Motherwell away ever been easy?

This whole we should win comfortably is ****ing weird even when we have been playing well its been tough, let alone our recent form.

This is a big blow.

Edited by Jamboelite

I really wish we weren't having to rely on an ex-£55k per week ex-EPL player :(

We've enough quality in the squad, I just wish they would ping it about the deck as fast as ****.

On 16/08/2019 at 11:45, DH1986 said:

Berra is there to calm the nerves.....not add to them.

I think it’s safe to say my point was correct based on last night’s showing from the captain!

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think it’s safe to say my point was correct based on last night’s showing from the captain!

Its not exactly a ringing endorsement tbh.....

Our captain can only put on a solid performance  if we have a solid GK playing.

I think it’s more likely he’s had a rocket up his arse.