Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doesn't matter, he should have acknowledged our keepers are pish and needed replaced.

That is not how man management works, certainly not in the workplace.  He may, after discussion with Paul Gallacher, have come to a conclusion regarding the goalkeeper position but would likely have persevered with Zlamal and Doyle if rumour suggests Zlamal has to be replaced.

But let's have a dig at Levein due to the keepers being p*sh.      

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Nae disrespect SM, but the mugs are those who take Levein at his word in the first place. 

Fair point, well made.

Just now, siegementality said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 24th June is not early June!

Seven weeks after making that statement he’s had to bring another keeper in. 

Everyone know that the goalkeepers were not good enough, everyone except Levein right enough. He’s a mug!

If you'd asked the vast majority of Hearts fans what the priority positions were, midfield (Damour), creative player (Walker) and striker (Washington) would have all been higher than new goalie. It would make sense to prioritise those positions and if there's money left over focus on other improvements i.e. goalie. 

We can't just go out and make half a dozen signings within a few weeks of the window opening. 

siegementality
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The only mugs are the folk that believe everything he says.

Fair few on here it seems. 

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Everyone know that the goalkeepers were not good enough, everyone except Levein right enough. He’s a mug!

You are not sorry for being a pedant, you just need to have a pop at Levein.  Why not blame him for the current state of the pitch, why don't you. 

There wasn't a problem concerning goalkeepers.  Levein did not make them p*sh.  Then there is a problem with Zlamal and Levein took action.

Sheesh!  Levein can be blamed for much, but really!  

All roads lead to Gorgie

Welcome to the club Joel. I hope the back four will relax more now with some better quality behind them and start to pass it through the midfield knowing the keeper is capable of rescuing the situation if we give it away. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I noticed in a video posted earlier that he looks to hold the ball, as he does in this clip, rather than always punch/parry it away. I like that in a keeper, especially if he knows when it's best just to knock it away from goal. Zlamal never looked to me like a natural goalkeeper, just a tall and very athletic guy/gymnast who wanted to be a professional footballer. Natural keepers want to catch and feel the ball in their hands, but it was always like a bar of soap in Bobby's hands. This guy at least looks like a natural goalie, so it's a start. Of course, we I will only know if he is 'naturally' a good keeper when we see him play for real.

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Tasavallan said:

There wasn't a problem concerning goalkeepers.  Levein did not make them p*sh.  Then there is a problem with Zlamal and Levein took action.

Have to disagree. It was clear to many last season that the keepers weren’t good enough. He should have addressed this before the season started. Zlamal in my book cost us the cup final. 

siegementality
Just now, Tasavallan said:

You are not sorry for being a pedant, you just need to have a pop at Levein.  Why not blame him for the current state of the pitch, why don't you. 

Sheesh!  Levein can be blamed for much, but really!  

You’re right, Levein didn’t make them pish, they were pish to begin with!!!

I’ll have a pop at Levein every day until we win games, perform better, stop wasting money on shite signings and he stops talking shite. Until then.......

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Have to disagree. It was clear to many last season that the keepers weren’t good enough. He should have addressed this before the season started. Zlamal in my book cost us the cup final. 

And had a howleer against the same team in the league cup semi.

40 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hopefully in time to get clearance for Friday.

Probably won't get a work permit!

Ehh, Switzerland's pure no' in Yoorup n' at', no?

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

He did sign the 2 pish keepers though....

1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

What if the new keeper wasn't available until now? Would you rather we took someone not as good for the sake of 2 league games?

7 minutes ago, Barasa said:

If you'd asked the vast majority of Hearts fans what the priority positions were, midfield (Damour), creative player (Walker) and striker (Washington) would have all been higher than new goalie. It would make sense to prioritise those positions and if there's money left over focus on other improvements i.e. goalie. 

We can't just go out and make half a dozen signings within a few weeks of the window opening. 

Goalkeeper should be top priority. 

Its clear what we had wasn't good enough. 

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I only heard about it when Gordon move fell through early July. Bobby didn’t want to be number 2 so Doyle got a contract. If he stays Bobby could be as far down the pecking order as 4 

Even if we have 4 keepers he should be 8th. 

3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Not Collum?

Nor Berra?

Nor Haring having to leave the field?

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

What if the new keeper wasn't available until now? Would you rather we took someone not as good for the sake of 2 league games?

Thats not the point my comment relates to.  So I don’t know why you’ve replied to my comment. 

Bungalow Bill
Just now, JamboAl said:

Not Collum?

Nor Berra?

The game was under control until Zlamal had a brain fart. 

Thats not the point my comment relates to.  So I don’t know why you’ve replied to my comment. 

You said it should have been sorted before the season started. I simply stated that it may not have been possible to get who we did any earlier and that keepers we could have gotten earlier in the window may not have been as good.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not Collum?

Nor Berra?

Dont let that shite get in the way of an agenda. Zlamal is nothing special but Edouard dived and Berra got caught out for the second. Those incidents don't happen, those goals aren't scored. 

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Ribble said:

You said it should have been sorted before the season started. I simply stated that it may not have been possible to get who we did any earlier and that keepers we could have gotten earlier in the window may not have been as good.

So you’re disregarding Levein’s comment in June when he said he was happy with the goalkeepers?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Probably won't get a work permit!

Ehh, Switzerland's pure no' in Yoorup n' at', no?

It's not in the EU if that's what you are referring to, though it is in Schengen which will probably get him round any potential visa problems. 

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Dont let that shite get in the way of an agenda. Zlamal is nothing special but Edouard dived and Berra got caught out for the second. Those incidents don't happen, those goals aren't scored. 

Zlamal should have kept his head but no, he dived in and gave Collum a decision to make. Pish poor. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, siegementality said:

This.

Still, at least he has admitted he got that wrong by his actions.

So you’re disregarding Levein’s comment in June when he said he was happy with the goalkeepers?

Being happy with them didn't mean he wasn't looking to get someone better. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's not in the EU if that's what you are referring to, though it is in Schengen which will probably get him round any potential visa problems. 

For this context, it is the European Economic Area that is relevant. Switzerland is part of that.

See if you have a couple of keepers and you think both could be improved upon, it's probably not a great idea to come out and say that before you've at least got a better replacement in.  Imagine telling an employee that they're not very good but keep plugging away until we find someone to replace you.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Apache Mal said:

As we've seen with Zlamal (and Doyle when he's played) confidence can be fragile, and when a keeper loses confidence, he makes even more mistakes. It would have been crass stupidity on Levein's part to announce to the world, and to the club's current keepers, that he was not happy with them, while, at the same time, make potential targets dearer if they, their agents and their clubs knew we were desperate.

Some comments are a bit unfair on Zlamal. Berra hardly helped with his indecision on Saturday and against Aberdeen. Bobby had a cracking save on Saturday and his flapping on a couple of occasions could well be due to a panicky defence. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Was just looking up Joel's wiki page,  he's had a few loan spells but hasn't managed a season with a large number of appearances. 

Still got two years to go on his contract,  I'd imagine Man U wouldn't be happy with him going somewhere to sit on the bench. Hopefully he can become our number 1. Will be interesting to see who starts this weekend. 

hereford_hearts
On 11/08/2019 at 16:19, BarneyBattles44 said:

I'm not used to so much in a  typed reply from you. Usual is a emoji or image. Your also good at setting up an tapping an easy one in. Cheers for the great effort. I remember the Bar Ox painted on a  wall would see it when on bus going to Morningside with my Mother. no idea who they were. The Clerry Jungle were on the way out. Time frame of my age group. Means a lot if its knowledge by age that's questioned. I agree CL has a place in the History of Hearts . 

That brings back memories. When I was about 14 we used to play football at drumbrae primary school. The clerry Derry used to sit at the top of the school field smoking and drinking. One day they decided they wanted a game of football and wandered down. We shit ourselves, but they turned out to be not bad guys, and played with us quite often.

A_A wehatethehibs

Really hope this boy turns out to be good. I was definitely extremely worried looking at the free agent market but Zlamal has to go. 

Pereira +  Damour + a bit of added firepower & dressing room character (not going to name names) up front, could turn everything around very quickly for Levein. 

I look forward to seeing the performance on Friday.

16 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Who the **** cares? 

Do you believe everything you read in the papers? 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For this context, it is the European Economic Area that is relevant. Switzerland is part of that.

Thanks for the info which confirms that the original poster was not completely off the mark to query Pereira's visa position as Switzerland is not a full member of the EU. My post was to point out that coming from a country on the continent of Europe is not the same as coming from one within the EU and so the original poster was not as ill informed as the post I was responding to was making out.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Goalkeeper should be top priority. 

Its clear what we had wasn't good enough. 

Sorry have to disagree. If you'd asked me before this season kicked off I'd have ideally wanted better than Zlamal but felt he was probably good enough to get by with. His performances this season have been far worse than last. 

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Haken said:

See if you have a couple of keepers and you think both could be improved upon, it's probably not a great idea to come out and say that before you've at least got a better replacement in.  Imagine telling an employee that they're not very good but keep plugging away until we find someone to replace you.

Stop it. Theres enough heads spinning on here without actual facts and smarts getting in the way. You're ruining the thread.

SectionDJambo

I’d rather have Levein change his mind about thinking that we don’t need to improve our goalkeeper pool, than go any further with just the 2 we have. It’s his past  record for not seeing what seems obvious and not dealing with it that he gets much of his criticism for. 

Hopefully, he changes his mind on a few other things as well, and we can see some progress, after all, this season.

He can’t be criticised for not dealing with a weakness in our team, and then further questioned for trying to sort it. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Barasa said:

Sorry have to disagree. If you'd asked me before this season kicked off I'd have ideally wanted better than Zlamal but felt he was probably good enough to get by with. His performances this season have been far worse than last. 

He is a second rate goalkeeper, let us down in the big moments, overall not good enough for Hearts and now being correctly emptied and replaced, end of the Zlamal story. The only thing wrong here is that this didn’t happen sooner, relieved that it’s now happened. 

Bungalow Bill
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Who the **** cares? 

Do you believe everything you read in the papers? 

So CL says that he’s happy with the goalkeepers and by your reasoning you thought ‘CL is lying here’. 

Great he’s taken action but he doesn’t help

himself. 

Anyone who even suggests that Ann Budge is not an incredibly supportive owner needs shot! Glad we have at last addressed an obvious deficiency since the middle of last season, not seen the lad so just hope he's good. Still not a fan of loan keepers that we can never afford in the long run though, there's no way you can build a team like that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update