Pans Jambo

Montgomery Brewster

Good news for the  whole of the country.

opens up the country , more tourism and easier access for people looking for jobs in the city areas. 

All good 

1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Good news for the  whole of the country.

opens up the country , more tourism and easier access for people looking for jobs in the city areas. 

All good 

2 problems I see in that.

1.Place is a shithole, Who goes to leven on holiday? 

2. The locals dont work up there. B&M have took the pick of them the rest are unemployable.

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, Herbert said:

2. The locals dont work up there. B&M have took the pick of them the rest are unemployable.

So you’ve never heard of Anstruther, pittenweem, lundin links, largo etc ? Some cracking golf courses there for starters. Tourism has many different strands that could be developed over time by people with forward looking attitudes.

9 hours ago, Herbert said:

I take it you're forgetting one of the biggest bottling plants in the world at Leven, and the world's biggest grain distillery? Between them they employ several thousand.

1 minute ago, systemx said:

Time they reinstated the line to Tranent via The Heugh 😁

Train would get its wheels nicked!

The Borders Railway is great, sort of.  

But it was very short-sighted to make it single-track and especially with no provision for future double-tracking or electrification. 

I hope this new extension / re-opening is future-proofed.

(OT but the M8 extension from Newbridge into Hermiston Gait was designed so that it could be easily converted into 3+3 lanes when traffic levels justified it)

2 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

So you’ve never heard of Anstruther, pittenweem, lundin links, largo etc ? Some cracking golf courses there for starters. Tourism has many different strands that could be developed over time by people with forward looking attitudes.

Yes I've heard of them but they aren't really levenmouth. Levenmouth is buckhaven,Methil and Leven at a push you could claim lundin links. The railway wouldn't do someone in anstruther or pittenweem any good

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

But it was very short-sighted to make it single-track and especially with no provision for future double-tracking or electrification. 

(OT but the M8 extension from Newbridge into Hermiston Gait was designed so that it could be easily converted into 3+3 lanes when traffic levels justified it)

Bypass wasnt though.

3 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Beautiful parts of the country.

52 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Bypass is my nemesis

I worked on it as a laddie.

Chat at the time was "it will never get used"

Never tire of telling that story.

😄

1 minute ago, jake said:

I worked on it as a laddie.

Chat at the time was "it will never get used"

Never tire of telling that story.

😄

Really? I think 4 lanes wouldnt help it now.

davemclaren
6 hours ago, FWJ said:

To build it as you suggest would have totally blown any business case and mean it wouldn't have been built. There is provision for one additional loop. 

John mcCartney

incredibly shortsighted to have one track railway
might mean extra outlay of course but ffs ,wheres the forward planning for the future
loss of track capacity in one fell ****ing swoop