Jump to content
TypoonJambo

Badge, why the underscore?

Recommended Posts

Taffin
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

 

Looks very dated IMO. The current one is superior.

 

 

Somewhere between the two would be best. I do like the Gothic don't don't but appreciate it's a bit dated now. The colours on the current one are awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
21 minutes ago, RS86 said:

 

Was around the time of the All:sport sponsorship deal IIRC when the strongbow one expired. Felt like an attempt to try and rebrand

 

Was it not before that? 2000 maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

I remember when they got that standard template strip a few years ago with the stripe thing across it and tried to pass it off to the fans as a representation of the Easter road slope🤣

 

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

 

Or the top representing the famous slope. Hand picked for Hibs and not at all the previous seasons Spurs top.

 

The 5-1 shirt. 

 

Edit: Sorry, wrong one. Their 2012 shirt had a straight line across the chest with the darker, bottle green shade above. 

Edited by martoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila

With a darker maroon, no underscore, couple different fonts:

 

hearts2.thumb.jpg.8fbfd3e870e24b0e0e60176e4ffb82c2.jpg

 

 

hearts1.thumb.jpg.71005198b4f1376894108db300d2d0f5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

It was one of the changes when pieman changed the badge for no apparent reason.

 

 

We've had some great badges throughout our history, the pieman wanted corporate blandness. Quite an uproar when he changed it amongst traditionalists at the time.. 

 

6B4D7071-BB1D-47D2-A44D-59F404F851D2.jpeg.ebae0bbd47429dd59ff3433a94966daf.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, farin said:

 

 

We've had some great badges throughout our history, the pieman wanted corporate blandness. Quite an uproar when he changed it amongst traditionalists at the time.. 

 

6B4D7071-BB1D-47D2-A44D-59F404F851D2.jpeg.ebae0bbd47429dd59ff3433a94966daf.jpeg

 

The stated reason was that we couldn’t copyright the old one but could a new one. The old one we use at the top of the forum is used because the VR regime told us not to use the official one as it breached copyright...so probably something in that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kid Creole

Never mind the __ , what about the bullet  point between H & M !            😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The stated reason was that we couldn’t copyright the old one but could a new one. The old one we use at the top of the forum is used because the VR regime told us not to use the official one as it breached copyright...so probably something in that. 

 

Yep. That was his stated reason at the time for driving through a crest change without much consultation dave. Mind you lots of other clubs have “updated” they’re crest with mixed results ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, Kid Creole said:

Never mind the __ , what about the bullet  point between H & M !            😎

Good point. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, farin said:

 

Yep. That was his stated reason at the time for driving through a crest change without much consultation dave. Mind you lots of other clubs have “updated” they’re crest with mixed results ... 

I prefer the current one to the previous one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Posted (edited)

Never once given this matter a single thought, but damn it I am now intrigued!

 

**** you OP!

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
6 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Never mind the __ , what about the bullet  point between H & M !            😎

 

To indicate that you start reading at the H and then move on to the M?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I prefer the current one to the previous one. 

 

This was a thing of beauty for me tbh. 😎

 

 

C22EED50-F428-403C-A952-1C2B5F21A914.jpeg.e83e7cf5aaeb2fcddf7b7238343c3045.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Homme said:

 

Looks very dated IMO. The current one is superior.

Yes it may be ,but who decided it was to be changed ?? Just Chris Robinson,??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo

4 league titles, 4 league cups, 8 Scottish Cups, 2 Festival cups, 2 Tennents Sixes and Football World Champions (1902).

 

Hearts badge with 21 Stars round it or mad Budge out! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, farin said:

 

This was a thing of beauty for me tbh. 😎

 

 

C22EED50-F428-403C-A952-1C2B5F21A914.jpeg.e83e7cf5aaeb2fcddf7b7238343c3045.jpeg

 

 

 

 

❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
4 hours ago, Boof said:

 

Could've just written FACT after it.

Didn't take long! 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
30 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

4 league titles, 4 league cups, 8 Scottish Cups, 2 Festival cups, 2 Tennents Sixes and Football World Champions (1902).

 

Hearts badge with 21 Stars round it or mad Budge out! :) 

 

22 Stars for our longest derby run. No less ridiculous than the Sevco one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Yes it may be ,but who decided it was to be changed ?? Just Chris Robinson,??

The board I imagine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack
6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Because it’s much more classy than trampy stars??

I really wish we had a few stars to show like Glasgow Rangers, Aberdeen and those horrible, gutter Cretins from the East End of Glasgow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack

Heart of Mid-Lothians original and very first crest... 

IMG_20181119_231853_525.jpg

FB_IMG_1539801996185.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

22 Stars for our longest derby run. No less ridiculous than the Sevco one.

 

 

Awesome idea :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poseidon
8 hours ago, kila said:

With a darker maroon, no underscore, couple different fonts:

 

hearts2.thumb.jpg.8fbfd3e870e24b0e0e60176e4ffb82c2.jpg

 

 

hearts1.thumb.jpg.71005198b4f1376894108db300d2d0f5.jpg

Top one fir me. The font in the bottom one is a bit shan imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Top one fir me. The font in the bottom one is a bit shan imo.

 

That bottom one is far from shan, ts fxxkin horrendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
8 hours ago, farin said:

 

This was a thing of beauty for me tbh. 😎

 

 

C22EED50-F428-403C-A952-1C2B5F21A914.jpeg.e83e7cf5aaeb2fcddf7b7238343c3045.jpeg

 

 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
9 hours ago, kila said:

With a darker maroon, no underscore, couple different fonts:

 

hearts2.thumb.jpg.8fbfd3e870e24b0e0e60176e4ffb82c2.jpg

 

Close, but not plump enough for me, and while we're at it get that dot to ****, no need for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

That was my favourite recent hibsing.

 

Is there an up to date and comprehensive list of Hibsings? If not, someone should make it so. It would actually make a very funny Colemanballs-style book, one of those ones people put in their toilets with the Garfield annuals and Readers Digests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...