Has the directors box been moved...?

Section Q

Just reading hospitality deals for Dundee Utd game and it said seating behind the " newly positioned directors box".

Anyone....?

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just reading hospitality deals for Dundee Utd game and it said seating behind the " newly positioned directors box".

Anyone....?

Back room of the Diggers ?. Seriously though I noticed that as well. Further back maybe?

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone....?

I'm just guessing here but does the bit in bold not answer your question?

10 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

At plot ceremony in May Budgie said the directors were moving up to the top of the stand, presumably the lounge will be on top floor too?

They need more protection from unhappy fans. Plus they just get in the way when walkways are cordoned off.

Portable Badger

Reckon Ann's moved it to the back so we won't notice her giving Craig pelters and her starting off The Billy Boys !!!  ;)

If the directors are moving up top, I presume there's no need for that mid-section mini-aisle in PR above the walkway.

Edited by Hearts_fan

6 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Are they not moving the press area as well? 

Yip - lower G :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Excellent news. Might make my exit a wee bit swifter. Sensible move 

That'll depend what they do with the old Directors section, the seats aren't up for sale so I'll assume they'll be hospitality  so I envisage the same issues as before. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

If the directors are moving up top, I presume there's no need for that mid-section mini-aisle in PR above the walkway.

Not sure that’s easily removed. 

queensferryjambo
36 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

The part about it being moved because of the fans feeling being aimed at Ann Budge is nonsense. If fans want to vent at Ann Budge they can do it wherever she is sitting in the ground. Nothing like trying to lay a negative spin on anything Hearts do. 

I was told a while a go by a club director they were thinking about moving it for the reason of the congestion in the stand (which is mentioned in the article) but mainly because of the proximity of the fans to visiting directors, executives from other clubs as it was more than uncomfortable for the likes of Peter Lawell, Rod Petrie etc coming through the same entrance. 

I sit in Premium seating and you are basically walking shoulder to shoulder with visiting directors just before kick off with a couple of stewards tops. To be fair I have never seen fans giving any of the visiting club people any hassle or Hearts staff either for that matter but the potential is very much there.

A smart move by Hearts - YES. Getting moved because of abuse getting thrown at Ann Budge - Garbage.

Bazzas right boot

Should have filled in a corner, put them there. 

Crazy corner or directors district. 

Dr Ian Malcolm
14 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

The part about it being moved because of the fans feeling being aimed at Ann Budge is nonsense. If fans want to vent at Ann Budge they can do it wherever she is sitting in the ground. Nothing like trying to lay a negative spin on anything Hearts do. 

I was told a while a go by a club director they were thinking about moving it for the reason of the congestion in the stand (which is mentioned in the article) but mainly because of the proximity of the fans to visiting directors, executives from other clubs as it was more than uncomfortable for the likes of Peter Lawell, Rod Petrie etc coming through the same entrance. 

I sit in Premium seating and you are basically walking shoulder to shoulder with visiting directors just before kick off with a couple of stewards tops. To be fair I have never seen fans giving any of the visiting club people any hassle or Hearts staff either for that matter but the potential is very much there.

A smart move by Hearts - YES. Getting moved because of abuse getting thrown at Ann Budge - Garbage.

Says that's happened in the past, not that it's the reason for moving them tbf.

1 hour ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Reckon Ann's moved it to the back so we won't notice her giving Craig pelters and her starting off The Billy Boys !!!  ;)

It'll  be harder to Lennon with coins from up the back as well 

Its been moved to lower G so Ann and her pals could get in on the action when the smoke bomb throwing contest begins. Shes a wee rascal

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

It'll  be harder to Lennon with coins from up the back as well 

On the plus side it'll hurt more when it does happen.

Whole stand is poorly designed. Press almost behind dugouts when they would normally be higher up, no what you would call, corporate/sponsors boxes with glass dividers, limited vision over by one corner, players coming out of the Wheatfield instead of main stand and, for a modern stadium...no big screens/scoreboards.

Sure it can be re-arranged a bit, in time.

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

More importantly, any idea if we'll be using the new changing room & tunnel from next season?

New changing rooms/tunnel be used for first time against Dundee utd

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

On the plus side it'll hurt more when it does happen.

The last coin knocked him out, he was unconscious for a minute.

Quite amazing how hard that coin hit him

jambo-in-furness
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

And didnt leave a mark I might add.

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

And didnt leave a mark I might add.

Probably because the Deutsche Mark has been out of circulation since 2001. 

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Whole stand is poorly designed. Press almost behind dugouts when they would normally be higher up, no what you would call, corporate/sponsors boxes with glass dividers, limited vision over by one corner, players coming out of the Wheatfield instead of main stand and, for a modern stadium...no big screens/scoreboards.

please to god, we never them.

Wheatfield tunnel is temporary, probably not used again soon.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Like I said, plus point is the next one will probably kill him.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Like I said, plus point is the next one will probably kill him.

Too far, I bet your wearing the T-shirt as you type :whistling:

I understand we faced some significant challenges in building the stand but as has already been said, it seems to have been poorly designed from the off. 

For an 18 million pound spend, we shouldn’t need to be moving directors boxes and redesigning toilets.

Would be good if they opened up the middle of the stand instead of it being doored off. Makes the new stand feel a bit cramped when you can't really see the other end of the concourse. They do open the doors once directors etc left but it's still so congested going between the doors.

I'd vote to remove the false ceiling so it is exposed and remove the middle doorway bit if that's no longer needed to conceal directors off. Would make the inside feel much more open and accessible, plus the artwork they are getting painted on the inside walls will be more visible.

1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Are they not moving the press area as well? 

No

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I understand we faced some significant challenges in building the stand but as has already been said, it seems to have been poorly designed from the off. 

For an 18 million pound spend, we shouldn’t need to be moving directors boxes and redesigning toilets.

Sensational news...........

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sensational news...........

The Glass is good though eh Tam....??

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No

I’m surprised at that. Read criticism the area was too low down & practically uncovered in the rain/bad weather 

23 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The delay to finishing the dressing room had sod all to do with poor design - it was purely financial.

As for corporate glass boxes - I hate them!

19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

He still managed to pick it up and put it in his pocket. 

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’m surprised at that. Read criticism the area was too low down & practically uncovered in the rain/bad weather 

Its already too good for the Weegie hacks!!!

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Would be good if they opened up the middle of the stand instead of it being doored off. Makes the new stand feel a bit cramped when you can't really see the other end of the concourse. They do open the doors once directors etc left but it's still so congested going between the doors.

I'd vote to remove the false ceiling so it is exposed and remove the middle doorway bit if that's no longer needed to conceal directors off. Would make the inside feel much more open and accessible, plus the artwork they are getting painted on the inside walls will be more visible.

I don't remember the middle door being closed at any match last season. But I'm usually not first down the stairs at half-time. Maybe it is then. 

As for the ceiling, there's another floor above, so there would not be a big empty void like the other stands. You would maybe gain an extra foot or two, but the void will e full of pipes, ducts and cables. These may be vulnerable to vandalism/damage if they were exposed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

That'll depend what they do with the old Directors section, the seats aren't up for sale so I'll assume they'll be hospitality  so I envisage the same issues as before. 

Awww spoilsport

Hungry hippo

Would rather the press have the crap seats rather than our fans.

The Future's Maroon

Stuff them, all they monkeys deserve ? 

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Why do we need scoreboards, even when we won 10-0 I managed to keep count.

During heavy rain with prevailing winds the directors seating gets pretty wet. Saw Ms Budge towards the end of last season with a towel or blanket wrapped around her melon a couple times. I hope they offer the seats up to the fans at a decent price though,  would be a nice gesture. Premium seats are over priced.

Just wish some would stop the constant moaning about our ground and the new stand. For me it’s a pleasure to go there on Saturdays.

FarmerTweedy

I remember when the plans for the new stand were first released, I just assumed that directors/hospitality spectators would be located in the higher rows of the stand, entering from the doors at the top, while regular punters would come through the vomitories from the main concourse as they do in the other stands. I was very surprised to see how things actually were arranged. I'm not sure if the changes being made now are simply because the internals of the stand (staircases, etc) are now ready to allow the top doors to be used safely, or because of a realisation that the previous arrangements weren't working well.